Nothing To Do With Anything

Trizzak

:(

Although if it's snowing there, maybe we'll get some white stuff in a couple days. Actually I should check the forecast...

A little bit of snow tonight and a little bit tomorrow morning but other then that, sunny. *checks 14 day trend*...Ooh, a big blizzard on Christmas Eve. :D

our 14-day trend gives us no snow till christmas day... then there'll be snow for three straight days - could be just flurries... could be a blizzard... could change altogether and be no snow at all... :blink:

GO :hlogo: GO!

Whats wrong with it? :huh:

You really like Coldplay though so psh.

ah c'mon you cant take that music serious, i had respect for her while she was in "No Doubt", liked that band! But the crap she brings out nowadays. It's even more shit than B-A-N-A-N-A-S :D

I know what she needs, and Gavin isnt giving it her ;)

ah c'mon you cant take that music serious, i had respect for her while she was in "No Doubt", liked that band! But the crap she brings out nowadays. It's even more shit than B-A-N-A-N-A-S :D

I know what she needs, and Gavin isnt giving it her ;)

Theres absolutely nothing wrong with what she's putting out. It's unique and has a different sound compared to the other formulaic divas are putting out. I'll take some yodeling and a unique beat over the same old crap Britney or Mariah offers.

You just need an open mind for it, which you apparently don't have.

BREAKING NEWS:

George Clooney's pet pig Max dead at the age of 18 or 19.

RIP MAX

106687035_dd71261557_o.jpg

Poor George, he must be going through a rough time right now. :lol:

Theres absolutely nothing wrong with what she's putting out. It's unique and has a different sound compared to the other formulaic divas are putting out. I'll take some yodeling and a unique beat over the same old crap Britney or Mariah offers.

I think the difference is her previous music wouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as Britney and Mariah. When her work is being compared to those two (even favourably), it's a comedown (as Gavin might say).

You think L.A.M.B wasn't compared to all the other pop princesses out there? A blonde female doing a solo album, it's hard not to get compared to everyone else.

:?-

I didn't argue that it wasn't compared to the other 'pop princesses'. My point was her previous work with No Doubt was NOT comparable to that stuff, not only because it's a different style, but it is superior musically and lyrically.

This seems to be yet another case where the relatively unnoticed band members contributed much to the end product, which is only revealed when the big name (Gwen, in this case) goes solo.

Just my opinion.

Yeah you did.

I think the difference is her previous music wouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as Britney and Mariah. When her work is being compared to those two (even favourably), it's a comedown (as Gavin might say).

Right there. Although by previous work, I assumed you meant L.A.M.B since thats all her previous work includes.

You said it yourself though, talking about this, you can't even mention No Doubt. You can't compare Ska to Top 40 Pop, it's like trying to compare Country to Rap. You just can't do it. Gwen Stefani and No Doubt are two entirely different things. If she was going to do a ska record, she would've just done another No Doubt CD. As for the bandmates, only Tony worked on it. Pharell has actually played a much bigger role in her solo career then anyone from No Doubt.

Time to be Canadian...

We're getting a thunderstorm here in Montreal on the 15th of December. So much for a snowy Christmas eh. Honestly, I'm already not one to get into the whole spirit that much... and the lack of snow really isn't helping.

I hate snow and coldness (is that a word?). So far, this winter ahs been going great. It's been another warm day.

Ditto here, but even when there's snow sometimes it's not too cold out.

January and February are usually the worst though. Extremely cold and crappy driving conditions. I was thinking of starting to take the bus/Metro again but then I heard they're going to jack up the transit prices. :angry:

You can say everything to me about music, but not that im not open minded.

I love new music, underground stuff. Getting to know new types of music, im not such a top40 listener, all the commercial music, but i try to get the music nobody has (not the majority), i love underground music, people that really make music they love and not what others love. Indie is THE music.

But what miss Rossdale is pushing through my throat goes tooo far!!

To find your own music, and not buy stuff whats in the charts needs an open mind, im believe i got one!

Not that there is anything wrong with charts, but i like to find good music myself.

You can say everything to me about music, but not that im not open minded.

I love new music, underground stuff. Getting to know new types of music, im not such a top40 listener, all the commercial music, but i try to get the music nobody has (not the majority), i love underground music, people that really make music they love and not what others love. Indie is THE music.

But what miss Rossdale is pushing through my throat goes tooo far!!

To find your own music, and not buy stuff whats in the charts needs an open mind, im believe i got one!

Not that there is anything wrong with charts, but i like to find good music myself.

I believe the term you're looking for is mainstream.

Honestly, it's almost mainstream to be underground these days. It's nothing knew to look for underground stuff, everyone is doing that now. Whats really different (atleast on the internet) is to say you like Top 40 stuff, easily.

Not really, thats in general for music. And how is listening to something on the charts not finding your own stuff? You turn the radio on yourself, you choose the station you want to listen to, they play the song. There, you found a song you like. It's just easier to find then others. But whether it's on the charts or not should have no bearing on whether it's good or not.

But whatever, I'll give up on this one. I'm done.

Honestly, it's almost mainstream to be underground these days. It's nothing knew to look for underground stuff, everyone is doing that now. Whats really different (atleast on the internet) is to say you like Top 40 stuff, easily.

Not really, thats in general for music. And how is listening to something on the charts not finding your own stuff? You turn the radio on yourself, you choose the station you want to listen to, they play the song. There, you found a song you like. It's just easier to find then others. But whether it's on the charts or not should have no bearing on whether it's good or not.

But whatever, I'll give up on this one. I'm done.

Yes your talking about searching on internet, thats the easiest thing to do. I mean besides the internet, visiting Festivals/ shows to get to know them(Fieldwork). Listen to it live, thats a whole different experience.

And mainstream to get underground bands. That sound ridiculous. Find bands before there big brake is just cool, you get to see them in a little club with maybe hundred (maybe a bit more) people. Before the concerts with thousands of people. FA i've seen Coldplay twice. Once as pre-show, and once in a big arena. Well i prefer the first one. Thats so much cooler. You like the music just because of the music, and not like verybody likes them.

That second part about choosing your station, that didnt help making your point. That sounds kinda lame, like putting on some popular station makes it an effort.

Well maybe i dont wanna be like everybody else, i just feel more satisfied listening to fa The arctic monkeys before they are liked by everybody here in Holland. But maybe thats just me, maybe its weird. But i cant explain it very proper now cuz im to tired. Im off to bed, later!!

Ramdon tought

isnt it awesome than I live in a town where I can let my door unlocked, go away for many hours, come home and *expect* everything to still be they're?

hahaha I never lock my door and I never got anything stole from me