2023-24 Laval Rocket discussion thread

tomh009

Strauss Mann has been sent down.  That means either Kaskisuo is back or there's a goalie coming Montreal's way (perhaps as a throw-in in the Allen trade since NJ has a lot of goalies)?

Struble and Roy were both papered down to keep them Laval-eligible.  Assuming they'll both be recalled swiftly, that's 2 of 4 post-deadline regular recalls gone right there.

• Like 1

If Strubble plays for LVL, that would be awesome.

I hope that Roy i sent down. With him and Perrault on the lineup, the forward talent level will be much better

Roy deserves to play in the NHL and his development will be accelerated by playing NHL competition. 

You prioritize his development over a win or two for Laval every day of the week. 

Just now, Commandant said:

Roy deserves to play in the NHL and his development will be accelerated by playing NHL competition. 

You prioritize his development over a win or two for Laval every day of the week. 

Hughes just confirmed he's staying up for the time being.  Maybe closer to the end of the season, they'll send him down like they did with Harvey-Pinard last year.

3:00 EST rematch game today, on RDS

Gignac had 3 point game yesterday, how will he do this afternoon.

image.png

• Like 1

Seems like I missed a great game by the Rocket. I caught end of the post-game show on the radio. They were saying that Perrault seems to have a good shot and that (the commentators think) that he should contribute positively once he learns the system and gets to know his teammates.

Also, seems like Kaskisuo had a solid game. Notably on a 3-on-1 I think when the game was still 3-2.

On Friday, LVL controlled played really well. I am glad they could win two games against the top team.

Logan Mailloux Does it Again Scores a Beauty/Sean Farrell Continues to Shine/Simoneau (1G/1A) 3-9-24 (youtube.com)

Mailloux had a nice give & go goal in 3rd period.

Rocket playoff push gets boost with weekend sweep - Habs Eyes on the Prize

Mailloux made nice play on this goal also.

"Before the intermission, the Rocket tied it up with a power play goal of their own. Logan Mailloux made a diving stop to keep the puck in the zone, then fed Lias Andersson at the right halfwall. He fed it down low to Gignac who centred the puck to Xavier Simoneau at the top of the crease for the goal. The goal was scored with 58 seconds left in the first period."

Gignac with 7 point weekend.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

So the Habs made a trade today, sending Nathan Legare to New Jersey for Arnaud Durandeau.  Looks like a typical change of scenery trade with the target once again being more offence.

https://www.habsworld.net/2024/03/habs-trade-nathan-legare-to-new-jersey/

#truculence

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Big loss up front, Xavier Simoneau is having season-ending shoulder surgery.  That Durandeau pickup just got a whole lot more important.

Davidson is out too. It would be great if the Habs could pickup someone on waivers so that Roy can be sent back.

It would suck for the kid, he has earned his NHL minutes, but it would help the most the prospects being developed in LVL and it would not hurt Roy’s in the long run.

Just now, alfredoh2009 said:

Davidson is out too. It would be great if the Habs could pickup someone on waivers so that Roy can be sent back.

It would suck for the kid, he has earned his NHL minutes, but it would help the most the prospects being developed in LVL and it would not hurt Roy’s in the long run.

unless they take a risk and waive Pezzetta