2023-24 Laval Rocket discussion thread

tomh009

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Davidson is out too. It would be great if the Habs could pickup someone on waivers so that Roy can be sent back.

It would suck for the kid, he has earned his NHL minutes, but it would help the most the prospects being developed in LVL and it would not hurt Roy’s in the long run.

IDK. Roy is really starting to put it together right now and I’d rather He stay and keep building on that. 

The Newhook, Roy, Armia line has been quite good lately. Barring a big trade, the line of Dach, Roy, Newhook next season is going put up numbers. 

I think Roy should stay and continue growing this season in preparation for an even better season next year. 

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

It would be great if the Habs could pickup someone on waivers so that Roy can be sent back.

It would suck for the kid, he has earned his NHL minutes, but it would help the most the prospects being developed in LVL and it would not hurt Roy’s in the long run.

I can't see them taking on another contract right now. Especially as Laval's playoff chances are marginal at best.

22 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

The Newhook, Roy, Armia line has been quite good lately. Barring a big trade, the line of Dach, Roy, Newhook next season is going put up numbers.

Agree on Roy. Next year, let's wait and see what trades Hughes pulls off in the summer. Roy-Dach-Newhook could indeed be great but let's see how many centres we have on the roster.

They are carrying one forward too many, aren't they?

and they could use the help from either Roy or RHP who is on the 4th line and may benefit from the extra playing time (or maybe waive Pezzetta who cannot stay on the lineup of a bottom-5 team in the league)

image.png

They have 14 games remaining compared to the Marlies' 17. I think the odds on Laval playoff success are really long at this point, so the #1 criterion should be player development: do whatever is best for Roy and any other prospects.

7 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

They have 14 games remaining compared to the Marlies' 17. I think the odds on Laval playoff success are really long at this point, so the #1 criterion should be player development: do whatever is best for Roy and any other prospects.

They’ll play 4?5? Games against Belleville, that is the team they can catch up. If AHL playoffs for development has any importance for HughGort then we will see some movement

For example:

Two LVL Rocket rivals have added to their teams. Let’s see if HughGort follows or if the NHL season has priority:

7 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Davidson is out too. It would be great if the Habs could pickup someone on waivers so that Roy can be sent back.

This is not an option.  If a player is claimed off waivers now, he's ineligible to play for the remainder of the season. 

7 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

unless they take a risk and waive Pezzetta 

This is also not an option.  If Pezzetta was to clear waivers, he wouldn't be eligible to play in Laval since he wasn't on the AHL roster at the trade deadline.  (He wasn't papered down like Roy/Struble; they're the only two eligible to go down now.)

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

This is not an option.  If a player is claimed off waivers now, he's ineligible to play for the remainder of the season. 

This is also not an option.  If Pezzetta was to clear waivers, he wouldn't be eligible to play in Laval since he wasn't on the AHL roster at the trade deadline.  (He wasn't papered down like Roy/Struble; they're the only two eligible to go down now.)

oh, crop! 💩 

my mistake

35 minutes ago, DON said:

seems like Dobes had a rough game, Kaskisuo came in on the 2nd and they seemed to have played better until the middle of the 2nd when they got scored a 5th goal

The coach expected them to be motivated to go into their building to get hte win after the performance the last time they played

I can't wait for the games agains the Belleville Sens

As expected Bisson with pair up with him.

Reinbacher is slated to pair alongside veteran Tobie Paquette-Bisson, a wise decision to help the rookie acclimate to the professional game on the smaller ice. Praised for his skating and high hockey IQ by opponents in the NL, Reinbacher's confidence shouldn't be in question. His mobility and strong transitional play will soon be a welcomed addition to the Rocket blueline.

https://awinninghabit.com/posts/david-reinbacher-set-to-make-ahl-debut-against-belleville-senators-

quiet game by both teams after two. Laval played well in the first but got three penalties almost back to back and that sapped their energy.

the second was boring, evenly boring.

Reinbacher is looking good for a first game. He is big, seems so smooth skating end to end. It almost looks effortless. Defensively, he covers a lot of space and (IMHO) seems to smother the other team.

Farrel is such a smart player, I hope he scores. He seems ot make the smart play every time.

Is it me? or has Heineman cratered after a promising start? He seems to be the Josh Anderson of the Rocket.

Trudeau blocked a sot in the first and has not returned

Barron and Barron playing together early in the 3rd. a missed puck at his on blue line by Mailloux leads to a goal.

Not a good start to the 3rd.

LVL players seem more interested in trying to get a penalty than playing hard

Reinbacher ties it with a great deck at the blue line to come in 2 on 1

this kid is special!

Mailloux wins it in OT.

too bad the Belleville Sens got one point. The kids looked good for the Rocket

image.png