Game #5 Oct. 23, Canadiens vs Sabres, 7 PM

dlbalr

55 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I think we are over analyzing.  Last year Suzuki got off to a great start and then cooled off considerably.  This year he has 3 points in 5 games, too early to worry too much. 

I’m not worried about the production, I’m more worried that he seems to have stepped back from

being a scoring threat by trying to just be a playmaker.

i think Caufield has done a better job at becoming a better playmaker (which I thought he got less credit for last year), but Suzuki has taken a step back from being a scoring threat himself. That shootout attempt where he lost control of the puck looked like a guy not all that confident in taking the shot him self. He’s improved on the draw, but he needs to get back to shooting more and being a guy that can not only setup his teammates, but can be a killer with his wrist shot.

17 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Pearson's smarts is growing on me more each game.  Slav is really starting to look good as well. I feel like if he can bag a couple goals or make some key plays soon his confidence is gonna sky rocket

Pearson has been a HUGE surprise, I thought we were getting another washed up player, but after the first game he’s been solid, and even more surprising, Gallagher has looked like his old self the last two games. 

Not sure if they both will continue to be consistent producers, but both are guys you should expect consistent effort from. I think limiting Gallagher’s minutes helps his effectiveness, but he’s clearly lost a step. Pearson on the other hand looks like a strong skater and brings physicality.

9 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

I thought he coasted a little too much in this game... hes a big boy and can skate, so I'd like to see him press a bit more and keep those feet moving and two hands on his stick more often away from the puck. But LY to TY is already night and day after just 5 games.

Oh there is still a long way to go. Don't get me wrong. But the progress is noticeable I feel.

8 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I’m not worried about the production, I’m more worried that he seems to have stepped back from

being a scoring threat by trying to just be a playmaker.

i think Caufield has done a better job at becoming a better playmaker (which I thought he got less credit for last year), but Suzuki has taken a step back from being a scoring threat himself. That shootout attempt where he lost control of the puck looked like a guy not all that confident in taking the shot him self. He’s improved on the draw, but he needs to get back to shooting more and being a guy that can not only setup his teammates, but can be a killer with his wrist shot.

I posted in this forum the discussions on RDS that he was floating more, specially when he started being over-used. I thought at the time that he may be managing his energy and posted a quote from MSL to that effect.

This year, he seems to be continuing that trend. That style of play is different to what MB and TT wanted to be like.

8 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I posted in this forum the discussions on RDS that he was floating more, specially when he started being over-used. I thought at the time that he may be managing his energy and posted a quote from MSL to that effect.

This year, he seems to be continuing that trend. That style of play is different to what MB and TT wanted to be like.

When did MB or TT coach the team and implement a style of play.

Its 6 games... its just a slump like every player goes through.  Likely he will have another stretch later where he scores 10 points in 6 games or something and everyone will love it.

• Upvote 1

• tomh009 changed the title to Game #5 Oct. 23, Canadiens vs Sabres, 7 PM