Game 24 December 2 Wings at Habs 7pm

22 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I dont think allen is at fault at any of the goals.  Even the third one was an odd man rush against.

The players in front of him need to be better.

I'd certainly say Allen was partially responsible for the 2nd goal when the puck wasn't covered.  ex:  if a goalie thinks the puck is covered and an opposing player makes a quick movement towards them they should realize that a) the puck is lose, and b) the puck is where that player's stick is heading.  

Besides, fault is irrelevant - goals are goals, however; when a goalie's body language lacks confidence why keep them in net?

Plus, the Habs are down by 2 after 1 period, so its still a winnable game, but if the Wings get another goal the Habs will have little to no chance.

edit:  announcer just said:  Wings are 12-0-2 when they score 4 goals.  

Right arm Armia!!!  Short handed goal!!

2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

No matter how bad things get, we can always count on Scoring Machine Armia

Well, after all he is a Fin, so he has sisu.  

I liked that Struble was standing up for himself and went after the guy that elbowed him wanting to fight him.  Unfortunately, the other guy declined his offer.   I definitely want to see Struble fight somebody because he is definitely tough.  

Nice, a 5 on 3 for over a minute.  Habs better score on this PP.

Damnit - what a crap 5 on 3 with 0 scoring chances, followed up by a weak penalty on Monahan to end the rest of the PP.

Nice glove save by Allen on Larkin, but he's lucky the shot went to the middle of the net.

Hopefully, the Habs score the next goal and make this game interesting.

2 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I’m down for some OT

Caufield has been sniffing around that net all night - he’s going to score 

Heaven forfend I should be unfair, but our Big Two (Suze and CC) have been a wee bit disappointing this season. Slick Nick is on pace for his usual mid-60s-point season - good, yes, he's a fine player, yes, but that's not star level production - and while Caufield has added a playmaking dimension, he's looking more like a 25-goal guy than the scoring machine he appeared to become after MSL took over. I know, I know, they need other players to siphon away some of the opposition checkers, and they need to be better surrounded...but still. Would it be too much to ask that we have a young stud who actually emerges as an unambiguous, elite star?

Caufield's shooting percentage is far lower than last year and far lower than what hes ever been under MSL or younger.

Ive heard a doctor this week say that with the shoulder surgery he had, he can play now, but it will take til next season before hes shooting the puck at 100% of the level he was before.  So that explains a lot.  The added playmaking will only help when he does get his lethal shot back to 100%

6 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Caufield's shooting percentage is far lower than last year and far lower than what hes ever been under MSL or younger.

Ive heard a doctor this week say that with the shoulder surgery he had, he can play now, but it will take til next season before hes shooting the puck at 100% of the level he was before.  So that explains a lot.  The added playmaking will only help when he does get his lethal shot back to 100%

Useful post, thanks.

See? Suzuki just needed me to criticize him on Habsworld. GOAL

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Heaven forfend I should be unfair, but our Big Two (Suze and CC) have been a wee bit disappointing this season. Slick Nick is on pace for his usual mid-60s-point season - good, yes, he's a fine player, yes, but that's not star level production - and while Caufield has added a playmaking dimension, he's looking more like a 25-goal guy than the scoring machine he appeared to become after MSL took over. I know, I know, they need other players to siphon away some of the opposition checkers, and they need to be better surrounded...but still. Would it be too much to ask that we have a young stud who actually emerges as an unambiguous, elite star?

Legit concerns and apart from Commendant’s shoulder comment I sometimes wonder how detrimental it has been to not have a right winger to play with them. 

Anderson on his worst year, Gallagher who has seen better days and one offs like Monahan for a period or Slafkovsky for a game. 

They need a line mate 

3 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Yup

Caufield gonna score the winner 

Well, no.

OT was a mess.

Still, nice comeback to tie it and Anderson seemed to come out of his stupor in the third. Allen made some big stops, which helps his eventual trade value.