Ivanans Recalled

HABZRULE

As far as I'm concerned- Great news...we've been lacking toughness all year. Finally we have some size that can pound opponents(even if it's with bodychecks). Downey was a good start but I feel Ivan brings more to the table. Any feedback is welcomed! :D

It can't hurt.

Maybe he was recalled to scare Theo :blink:

Some toughness is a good thing because other than Souray and Rivet (who can fight but really aren't tough) we have nobody. I bet the Habs have the lightest team in the NHL.

Let's just hope he wins his next battle!

Aron Downey can fight....our newest pick up........we'll have 2 against the flyers.

Hurray Ivanans returns :D:D :hlogo: :hlogo: :D:hockey:

The improvements are being made.

Go Habs Go

If he picks up his man in front of our net, he'll be a vast improvement over the current crop wearing the CH.

Downey, Ivanans and Begin?

So Bob Gaineys opinion is the Habs are to soft?

I don't know what to think. Aren't Downey and Ivanans the same kind of player except that Downey has some offensive upside? Then why call up Ivanans?

Downey, Ivanans and Begin?

So Bob Gaineys opinion is the Habs are to soft?

I don't know what to think. Aren't Downey and Ivanans the same kind of player except that Downey has some offensive upside? Then why call up Ivanans?

Ivanans is in a different weight class. Downey must be there to replace Murray. I guess Ferland wasn't ready for that job.

Its funny that everyone (including myself) is getting excited about them calling up a pure goon with no offensive or defensive upside. Its like leaf fans getting excited about Belak being inserted into the lineup :)

But i agree with JMMR it couldnt hurt putting him in front of the net on the pp. Esche would have a hard time seeing around him and philly's D would have a hard time moving him. Its just crazy enough to work

Its funny that everyone (including myself) is getting excited about them calling up a pure goon with no offensive or defensive upside. Its like leaf fans getting excited about Belak being inserted into the lineup :)

But i agree with JMMR it couldnt hurt putting him in front of the net on the pp. Esche would have a hard time seeing around him and philly's D would have a hard time moving him. Its just crazy enough to work

Not too mention he has not fighting upside either...he hasn't played an NHL game since getting tuned up by Chara.....just another loser on this squad that we don't need.

I'd have rather seen Milroy or Locke called up...atleast they have skill.......

Ok its not like he lost to alfie.

it was a perfect punch that broke his orbital bone

and it was Chara he fought

gotta give him credit for dropping the gloves

He "tuned" up a tough guy in the pre season in McGratton for Ottawa

Well Chara punched him after the fight was being broken up and that is when his orbital bone was crushed. Chara was verbally reprimanded and warned by the league that once the linesman steps in no more punches are to be thrown.

There are doubts about whether Ivanans can fight. And Downey is small so he isn't too intimidating. Either one by himself doesn't seem like a big threat but Ivanans can intimidate the other team and Downey can use his fists. I'm sure Ivanans knows how to fight though. He's so strong that one good punch should be enough to take almost anyone out.

And actually if i remember correctly. It was Ivanans who knocked chara down with a short jab while he was holding his jersey and chara Connected while he was falling so i would hardly call that getting tuned

I hope he fights Chara again, and Chara stumbles and falls, and Ivanans throws a few solid upercuts while he's down...maybe braking his jaw..... Now that would be Justice!

If that happens Ivaanans will be suspended for 15-20 games because he's a goon and Chara's a skill player. I am glad Raitis is getting another chance to see what he can do. I mean a solid effort on every shift would make him better than half the players we're putting on the ice now.

I read that Bob thinks the team is mentally fragile...maybe he's trying to kick start the guys by icing a tougher, higher energy line-up. Or, he's just tired of us been run all over the rink by Philly's behemoths.