Are We Going Into The Tank, Or Are We Already In It?

justintb

Hey HabsWorld....Well...I'd first like to say that I am one of the biggest diehard Canadiens fans there is....going to University in Toronto at York....Listening to games on NHL.com radio (since the bastards do not include RDS in the channel package!!!)....As well as I watch games on Samedi Soir on Radio-Canada. I know you guys probably feel the pain that I feel right now.....but does it not frusterate you to turn on your TV to RDS and watch the same old crap but a new pile every single time......Yet we still watch....hoping for our habs to get their heads out of their asses!! Anyways...continuing on now....about Mr. Theodore

Jose Theodore....Very weak goaltender. I have lost my faith in Jose. And have formulated a very good theory. Would it be fair to say that Theodore plays hockey...only when it is time for a contract renewal? It seems to be that way! In a personal opinion...I believe that change is just around the corner...and the habs will strike before the trade deadline!! (do we all not remember when our spines tingled from the breaking news when Kovalev came just before the deadline) So who is on the bubble?

I firmly believe that the following players are on the verge of departing MTL:

Theodore

Bonk (who is not even worth a bag of pucks!)

Ribeiro

Zednik

Dagenais

A few names who are circulating around in trade rumours include Tyler Arnason, Mark Bell....they are small guys, but the Canadiens need size and power forwards!!! A few more names circulating include Marty Biron from Buffalo (in Exchange for Theodore), and Maxim Afenigenov (very young, fast, and talented forward). And then...there are the long shots and gambles.....Teemu Selanne (could work very well with Koivu for line chemistry [Finland])......Doug Weight, and possibly a very underrated player in the NHL...Peter Cajanek?.......The Bruins also seem to be shopping Brian Leech right now....So the Canadiens may want to consider acquiring him to compensate for Markov's injury and adding some veteran experience on the blueline.

Now...Jose Theodore....You guys may think I am nuts...but lets talk goalies for a minute. Has anyone noticed that Jose is letting in goals that he would have NEVER let in in 03-04? My brothers friend has came up with a very convincing appeal. Guys who were quick reflex goalies that all of a sudden suck.....think what the NHL has imposed in the past year....a DRUG POLICY. It would not surprise me at all if Jose was snorting cocaine prior to games....since his reflexes have gotten awfully sluggish! And statistics dont lie!

Jose Theodore: 2003-2004 Save %: 0.919 G.A.A: 2.27

2005-2006 : 0.885 © G.A.A: 3.37 © ©-Currently

Nikolai Khabibulin: 2003-2004 Save %: --NA-- G.A.A: 2.33

2005-2006 : 0.883 G.A.A: 3.32

As you can clearly see...they dont lie!!!!!

Anyways....It may sound nuts to some...but believable to others..

tell me what you guys think

GO :hlogo: GO

Lets hope the Tricolour can kick some Philly ass tonight!

Jose Theodore is realy O-dore right now. I don't know how many want's him out but the hoope just grows bigger for each weak effort in net.

As for him snorting cocaine... I don't know if I would go so far.

As for Montreal to trade I think it could happen anytime soon. The team needs a shake-up and a trade may be the last thing that the Habs hasn't done yet. I do not believe that Mike Ribeiro will be traded as his value is low and for the money he get's the Habs can as well keep him.

Richard Zednik on the other hand should have a high value. A strong second line winger at a nice price. Higgins, Plekanec, Bulis and Bonk are the "same kind" of players. Bonk is the one i'd throw away. I would even waive him. No one would claim him tough...

Hey HabsWorld....Well...I'd first like to say that I am one of the biggest diehard Canadiens fans there is....going to University in Toronto at York....Listening to games on NHL.com radio (since the bastards do not include RDS in the channel package!!!)....As well as I watch games on Samedi Soir on Radio-Canada. I know you guys probably feel the pain that I feel right now.....but does it not frusterate you to turn on your TV to RDS and watch the same old crap but a new pile every single time......Yet we still watch....hoping for our habs to get their heads out of their asses!! Anyways...continuing on now....about Mr. Theodore

Jose Theodore....Very weak goaltender. I have lost my faith in Jose. And have formulated a very good theory. Would it be fair to say that Theodore plays hockey...only when it is time for a contract renewal? It seems to be that way! In a personal opinion...I believe that change is just around the corner...and the habs will strike before the trade deadline!! (do we all not remember when our spines tingled from the breaking news when Kovalev came just before the deadline) So who is on the bubble?

I firmly believe that the following players are on the verge of departing MTL:

Theodore

Bonk (who is not even worth a bag of pucks!)

Ribeiro

Zednik

Dagenais

A few names who are circulating around in trade rumours include Tyler Arnason, Mark Bell....they are small guys, but the Canadiens need size and power forwards!!! A few more names circulating include Marty Biron from Buffalo (in Exchange for Theodore), and Maxim Afenigenov (very young, fast, and talented forward). And then...there are the long shots and gambles.....Teemu Selanne (could work very well with Koivu for line chemistry [Finland])......Doug Weight, and possibly a very underrated player in the NHL...Peter Cajanek?.......The Bruins also seem to be shopping Brian Leech right now....So the Canadiens may want to consider acquiring him to compensate for Markov's injury and adding some veteran experience on the blueline.

Now...Jose Theodore....You guys may think I am nuts...but lets talk goalies for a minute. Has anyone noticed that Jose is letting in goals that he would have NEVER let in in 03-04? My brothers friend has came up with a very convincing appeal. Guys who were quick reflex goalies that all of a sudden suck.....think what the NHL has imposed in the past year....a DRUG POLICY. It would not surprise me at all if Jose was snorting cocaine prior to games....since his reflexes have gotten awfully sluggish! And statistics dont lie!

Jose Theodore: 2003-2004 Save %: 0.919 G.A.A: 2.27

2005-2006 : 0.885 © G.A.A: 3.37 © ©-Currently

Nikolai Khabibulin: 2003-2004 Save %: --NA-- G.A.A: 2.33

2005-2006 : 0.883 G.A.A: 3.32

As you can clearly see...they dont lie!!!!!

Anyways....It may sound nuts to some...but believable to others..

tell me what you guys think

GO :hlogo: GO

Lets hope the Tricolour can kick some Philly ass tonight!

Buffalo wouldn't trade Biron to Montreal, nor vice versas for a number of reasons. 1st, there in the same division, and rule #1 is you never trade a player in the same division.

#2 reason is the Buffalo doesn't want that huge contract coming back the other way. Buffalo struggles as it is with the salary cap, wants to keep it low. THey don't need a $5 million contract coming back to them.

#3 reason is that Theodore does not help them. THey have Miller and Biron who are number goalies and both playing extremely well. Why would you bring in a goaltender, who probably has less value that the ones you have right now, who's carrying a contract worth twice as much as the the goalies you currently have combined, not to mention about 25% of your salary cap....makes no sense.

If Montreal were to get Biron out of Buffalo, it would have to be a three team trade.

I'm not sure I understand your point about the drugs. You seem to be saying that Theodore's poor play might be attributed to snorting cocaine this season, and you make reference to the new NHL drug policy. As far as I know, the NHL drug policy is aimed at preventing drug use, not encouraging it!

Or perhaps you're suggesting that he used to snort cocaine, which made him a better reflex goalie, and is now worse because he can't due to the drug policy! (if that's the case, we'll call him Dr. Johnny Fever from now on... those who watched that episode of WKRP will know what I'm talking about).

Whichever dubious point you're trying to make, you're right that the stats don't lie. Even his staunchest supporters have to admit that he's significantly worse this year. However, between his play and his contract, I think he'll be almost impossible to move. I hope he sees more time on the bench, at least until our playoff hopes are completely obliterated.

We're already in the tank and swimming.... the Bruins have the same # of points we have now. If the Habs dont start winning some games soon it will be see you on the golf course at seasons end.

No way the B's are going to trade Leetch to MTL

Jose Theodore is realy O-dore right now. I don't know how many want's him out but the hoope just grows bigger for each weak effort in net.

As for Montreal to trade I think it could happen anytime soon. The team needs a shake-up and a trade may be the last thing that the Habs hasn't done yet. I do not believe that Mike Ribeiro will be traded as his value is low and for the money he get's the Habs can as well keep him.

Richard Zednik on the other hand should have a high value. A strong second line winger at a nice price. Higgins, Plekanec, Bulis and Bonk are the "same kind" of players. Bonk is the one i'd throw away. I would even waive him. No one would claim him tough...

I don't think Bonk is going anywhere. It seems like Gainey really loves this guy....Since he's been coaching it seems like Bonk is on the ice the whole entire game........Showcase? I doubt it........Gainey loves Bonk!

Gainey loves Bonk! gainy loves Bonk!(i'm singing that like a kid would)

I don't think Bonk is going anywhere. It seems like Gainey really loves this guy....Since he's been coaching it seems like Bonk is on the ice the whole entire game........Showcase? I doubt it........Gainey loves Bonk!

Gainey loves Bonk! gainy loves Bonk!(i'm singing that like a kid would)

Hey, if you're not sure just ask TTN. He and Bob are real close friends, he should know.

Yeah, this is certainly "sucky" for us Tricolour fans. I see myself as having more patience than the average fan, but this is starting to irritate even me!

You see, I have faith in the "red hot" stretch run after the break. Historically, we have always come out after the All Star break with a vengeance. The only problem is that sometimes the abyss they are in is too deep to recover. Anyone remember the 1999-2000 season? Montreal lost 540 man games to injury. Any other team would have been dead dead dead with those numbers. As it turns out, and you may even recall, we missed the post season by 1 stinking point.

That's the Habs - period. They always fail to make the playoffs in the 1st half.

That's why the explosion out of the gate was a bonus because I knew they would funk.

But now, I am growing annoyed with this. It's very possible that they will have the surge and make the playoffs.

But for what? Another 8th or 7th seeding? Oh boy. What's the good of that?

Between now and February 11th they have 10 games. They are currently 21-19-6. That's 2 games above .5. In order to qualify, they need to be .5 by the break.

So, in a nutshell they need to go at least 3 wins before February 11th.

Make no mistake, this will not be sufficient for me!

So, now it's time for the team to wake up!

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

There is no way out of the bottom of the tank we sank ourselves in.

Sitting down at the bottom as it where, we have deprived ourselves the

gains our assets had artificially reached at the end of the 03-04 season.

That was the time to start making trades in order to actually improved upon

our overacheiving team of that season.

Actually Gainey did move someone at this crucial moment.......Garon.

One month later he expose our defence prospect Francois Beauchemin to waiver, lost him

and forgot to reclain him when he was exposed to the same process a few days later.

Deep in the whole that we have put ourselves in lies those 2 reasons exposing how un-clever

our GM has been.

With Garon around, Theo's falling wouldnt have bring down the ship the ridiculus way it has.

Having Beauchemin around would have reversed altogether our terrible defensive deficiency

created from using the Komisarek-Dandeneault-Streit triumvera.

Bob can not do much anymore....well is thone enouph as it is.

There is no way out of the bottom of the tank we sank ourselves in.

Sitting down at the bottom as it where, we have deprived ourselves the

gains our assets had artificially reached at the end of the 03-04 season.

That was the time to start making trades in order to actually improved upon

our overacheiving team of that season.

Actually Gainey did move someone at this crucial moment.......Garon.

One month later he expose our defence prospect Francois Beauchemin to waiver, lost him

and forgot to reclain him when he was exposed to the same process a few days later.

Deep in the whole that we have put ourselves in lies those 2 reasons exposing how un-clever

our GM has been.

With Garon around, Theo's falling wouldnt have bring down the ship the ridiculus way it has.

Having Beauchemin around would have reversed altogether our terrible defensive deficiency

created from using the Komisarek-Dandeneault-Streit triumvera.

Bob can not do much anymore....well is thone enouph as it is.

wasnt beauchemin traded in the fedorov deal? columbus didnt waive him... did they?

How Beauchemin got lost ?

He was drafted maybe in 98 by the CH, I am shure he was ready to play for the CH in the

03-04 season but Komisarek made it that year as a 7th defense for the CH.

In sept. of that year, while still under contract with the CH, Gainey exposed him to waiver in order for him

to join Hamilton,.......he never did, as Columbus snatched him. This was at the beginning of the

lock-out,....Columbus also waived him in order for him to play for their farm team in the AHL.

Under those circumstances, the CH had exclusive priority to re-claim him back and..........

they did not !!!

He started his LNH career with Columbus this year and later on Anahein asked Columbus to include him in the

Fedorov's trade. He is averaging over 20 minutes per game ever since and they love him.

Its a blunder to have lost him,... and the fact that Gainey has decided to do away without

Brisebois as only made matter worst.

Markov

Brisebois

Souray

Rivet

Beauchemin

Bouillon

7th/ Komisarek

Theo/ Garon

what's wrong with Gainey ?

We had it made....why did he have to f...ed-up ?

He was drafted maybe in 98 by the CH, I am shure he was ready to play for the CH in the

In sept. of that year, while still under contract with the CH, Gainey exposed him to waiver in order for him

to join Hamilton,.......he never did, as Columbus snatched him. This was at the beginning of the

lock-out,....Columbus also waived him in order for him to play for their farm team in the AHL.

Under those circumstances, the CH had exclusive priority to re-claim him back and..........

they did not !!!

He started his LNH career with Columbus this year and later on Anahein asked Columbus to include him in the

Fedorov's trade. He is averaging over 20 minutes per game ever since and they love him.

Its a blunder to have lost him,... and the fact that Gainey has decided to do away without

Markov

Brisebois

Souray

Rivet

Beauchemin

Bouillon

7th/ Komisarek

Theo/ Garon

Sometimes I get tired of hearing these tirades. They're a lot of rushing wind.

:puke:

It's lovely to have the perspective of an armchair gm making judgements looking with the wonderful vision of hindsight. I hope you enjoy it and continue revelling in it.

Yes, I'm sure that Gainey made mistakes... who doesn't. The trades and moves that he made were often praised as being good ones at the time. The Garon for Bonk and Huet was expected to be exactly what Montreal needed to fill some holes by moving a resource that they couldn't use. (By the way, up to then, Garon's play didn't inspire warranting keeping him instead of Théodore.) Théodore hadn't done that very badly up to then. He did well in the last playoffs and was a GREAT part of the Canadiens even getting to the playoffs.

In the same manner, the Brisebois move was made because he wasn't playing up to his potential at all and hadn't been for years. The same went for Yanic Perreault. Yes, those guys are doing well this year but, based upon what was seen in the past, the decision had to be made to make place for the young guns. That the young guns aren't of or playing at a Crosby/Ovechkin level is easy to use as a base of criticism of Gainey but... hey go for it.

Gainey is still considered one of the top 15 people of influence in the league and to have him in our corner is BY A LONG SHOT better that not having him here.

Like my brother-in-law and father say... "Get over it!" and "Live with it!"

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Pre-Gainey

Zednik-Koivu-Ryder

Dagenais-Ribeiro-Ryder

Higgins-Bulis-Plekanec

Sundstrom-Begin-Perezhogin

(Ferland, Kostitsyn)

Markov-Rivet

Souray-Komisarek

Brisebois-Beauchemin

(Bouillon, Streit, Cote)

Theodore

Garon

(Danis)

With Gainey

Zednik-Koivu-Kovalev

Higgins-Plekanec-Ryder

Bulis-Bonk-Sundstrom

Begin-Ribeiro-Downey

(Murray, Ivanans, Ferland, Kostitsyn, Perezhogin)

Markov-Rivet

Souray-Komisarek

Dandenault-Bouillon

(Streit, Cote)

Theodore

Huet

(Danis)

Now take your pick at which one's better. I happen to prefer Team 2. And I din't mention that we have a few good young guys who were drafted by Gainey.

they did not !!!

Markov

Brisebois

Souray

Rivet

Beauchemin

Bouillon

7th/ Komisarek

Theo/ Garon

Wow that beauchemin part was a shame! I can only assume Gainey wrongly thought we had more depth in the blue line!

as for Brisebois I think a personal benefit for Brisebois was a factor there.. he would have had a Souray kind of year perhaps with us

Perrault! I thought at the time one proof of blunder on Julien's part was not using Perrault accordingly back in the playoffs vs TB we could have at least won One game at home had he been there more during the last minute face offs

Perrault would have been usefull no doubt now... again Gainey thought we had more depth up front (as In Ribs and Bonk) and anyone would have done the same there! Depth we might still have! crossing fingers

And Garon well thats was a Gamble and it clearly was the right one at the time and now only if Theo is traded will we really determine how bad a loss that was! As long as theo still plays with the Habs and if we make the playoffs and how far we go there will for further determine the trade off of that deal!

hey, furh won many stanley cups doing so.

joke aside, I don't think we should say something as serious as that without real proofs.