Hockey Trivia

BTH

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JMMR is right the Gretzkys has 2861 points. Brent had 4 of thoose.

The six Sutters scored 2935.

I hoped that most had forgotten about Wayne's brother...

Interesting, last time that question was asked, in a previous thread, the Gretzky's combined for the most all-time, with the Sutter's coming second.

I can't believe that dlbalr was wrong about something statistics related. Perhaps he included Gretzky's WHA totals?

Edited by Fanpuck33

The only reason I knew was because I was burned on that question by my gf's grandma she is a vault for hockey knowledge.

Ok

Which goalie had the most points in a single season with at least one goal.

Oh! Oh! I know this one! Theres a bunch of weird ties in the early 80s and stuff but I'll go with

Richard Sevigny

Ken Dryden

Gump Worsley

Charlie Hodge

Jacques Plante

Bill Durnan

George Hainsworth

I know Vachon tied with someone a couple years, I think it was with Worsley. And there was Michel guy (can't remember the last name) who tied with Dryden a bunch of times and with Sevigny in '81. There was another guy in 1981 too but I don't remember his name. I think the ties were from when it was presented the way the Masterton is today.

EDIT: Too much typing slowed me down. ;_;. I didn't look mine up though >_>

Actually these were not ties. If I remember correctly, for a while the Vezina was given to the goalie for the team with the lowest goals against average. (I think the Jennings is given for this now.) To qualify a goaltender had to play a minimum number of games. For a couple of years we would put our backup (or 2nd backup) into the last minute of a game that had already been decided in order to get his games played total high enough to qualify.

No Im not sure. I just know that the Sharks was involved in a high scoring series and then scored "nothing" in the next round.

Since jetsniper is from Calgary I figured it would be them and he said JMMR was close so... It's still just a guess.

Just checked. In the series I suggested it was 61 goals.

But hasn't the Oilers a lot of goals during their era in the playoffs?

Yep, it was this series. Edmonton is second for a seven game series with the Flames in 1984 with a combined 60 goals. Edmonton also has the most goals for an overall playoff series with Chicago in 1985 with 69 goals. 44 of them were scored by the Oilers.

The stupid thing with the Flames/Sharks series is that Calgary outscored San Jose 35-26 but lost the damn thing. That series pisses me off as much as the Canucks/Flames series in 1994. We could've taken the Rangers (even though that series was in the 1st round)

Actually these were not ties. If I remember correctly, for a while the Vezina was given to the goalie for the team with the lowest goals against average. (I think the Jennings is given for this now.) To qualify a goaltender had to play a minimum number of games. For a couple of years we would put our backup (or 2nd backup) into the last minute of a game that had already been decided in order to get his games played total high enough to qualify.

Yeah, tie was probably a bad word to use. I mentioned it at the end there though with the Masterton comment.

Yep, it was this series. Edmonton is second for a seven game series with the Flames in 1984 with a combined 60 goals. Edmonton also has the most goals for an overall playoff series with Chicago in 1985 with 69 goals. 44 of them were scored by the Oilers.

The stupid thing with the Flames/Sharks series is that Calgary outscored San Jose 35-26 but lost the damn thing. That series pisses me off as much as the Canucks/Flames series in 1994. We could've taken the Rangers (even though that series was in the 1st round)

Yeah, tie was probably a bad word to use. I mentioned it at the end there though with the Masterton comment.

Yeah, sorry. 3 or 4 people called them "ties", I randomly picked your post to quote.

Fanpuck you are just jelous. ;)

Only reason I knew that is because I was talking about it the other day with dlbalr, HW's stats guru. I stumped him with my question about the only Hab from Ohio. He then got me to say the Sutters instead of the Gretzky's, becuase I thought the Gretzky's were too obvious. I figured 6 guys surely beat one guy.

JMMR you took away my questions originality. Though I wasn't planning on using this one yet, this is a question I thought about before.

Who is the goalie with the most career points (goals + assists) and how many points did he have?

I could be wrong but I think you're mixed up, jetsniper. I thought it was Grant Fuhr with 48 and Tom Barasso with 46. Maybe I got mixed up between them. Either way, you guys both guessed the top 2. Neither one of them has ever scored - 48 assists and 46 assists.

JMMR you took away my questions originality. Though I wasn't planning on using this one yet, this is a question I thought about before.

Who is the goalie with the most career points (goals + assists) and how many points did he have?

I'm going to guess Brodeur.

*goes to find a source*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Barasso

Check under records.

EDIT: Just noticed he won the Vezina in his rookie year. Almost everyone probably knows that but holy crap. I didn't. :o . He should make the Hall of Fame on his first try.

Your right. The floor is yours.