Hockey Trivia

BTH

Since we have no question for the moment, I'll ask a quick one that will probably be gotten quickly.

Who holds the record for the most shorthanded goals scored in one season? And with how many?

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner. Mario has the record with 13 shorties in one season.

wow honestly that was a guess, just in the back of mind i think that was one of the few records lemieux has that grets doesn't, anyways now what let me think I dont know the answer to this but Ill leave it up to research which franchise has the most players that scored 50 goals, a few years back I thought it was between the Flames(including Atlanta) and the penguins- what I am asking is only if a player has scored 50 goals for a franchise not how many times he scored 50 in a season so therefore Lafleur counts only once for for canadians and Bossy only once for islanders etc.(by the way list the 50 goals scorers)

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner. Mario has the record with 13 shorties in one season.

Surprised me too. But I believe I saw 9 shorties as the record. :?-

Most 50 goal scorers? Boston? Bucyk? Orr? Coffey? Esposito? Bourque? I'm sure those defenceman never got 50 goals ubt.. Oh man.. I was just looking at this a couple of days ago.. I think it was a 2 or 3 way tie with 4 - or was that in one season? Heh, ya that was Edmonton with 4 in one season. Anyways, Boston would be my guess.

Most 50 goals scorers in a franchise's history?

I'll go with Calgary:

Nieuwendyk

Fleury

Roberts

Loob

Mullen

Iginla

Pittsburgh:

Lemieux

Bullard

Stevens

Jagr

Edmonton:

Gretzky

Messier

Anderson

Kurri

Montreal:

Richard

Geoffrion

Lafleur

Shutt

Richer

I think Calgary's it.

Aren't there two?

One was the flu epidemic in...1919 I think. And then last year with the lockout.

You're right. I forgot about the lockout.

The answer was that in the finals in 1919 between the Maroons and the Seattle Metropolitans, the flu swept through Montreal's dressing rom and I believe one player even died from it - so the finals were cancelled.

Your question, sniper.

Yep. I was going to say Ron Francis but I wasn't sure who he captained. I have no idea. I have a feeling it's an old-timer.

My next guess would be Gordie Howe - only because he's had so much time to captain 4 teams. Don't ask me who. Detroit is all I know.

Dammit. Ok, I could've sworn Gretzky captained the Rangers at some point but Leetch was the captain the entire time he was there. But he did captain Edmonton, Los Angeles and St.Louis. I guess hes in the long line of "Captain of 3 teams".

Anyway, Gretzky was who I had in mind. Next question...