Salei For Komisarek?

In "Le Journal de Montréal" today they were saying that BG as been in serious talks with Anaheim, but they are not sure for whom exactly. They said that BG is apparently very interested in Salei (a rough reliable D who can play 20 min/game like he is looking for) and that Anaheim wants Komisarek in return.

They way things are going right now and the way Komi is looking this year, especially under the new rules, I think it would be a good trade....although giving up on Komi is painful for me...I thought this guy would have been a rock for us.

In "Le Journal de Montréal" today they were saying that BG as been in serious talks with Anaheim, but they are not sure for whom exactly. They said that BG is apparently very interested in Salei (a rough reliable D who can play 20 min/game like he is looking for) and that Anaheim wants Komisarek in return.

They way things are going right now and the way Komi is looking this year, especially under the new rules, I think it would be a good trade....although giving up on Komi is painful for me...I thought this guy would have been a rock for us.

I would be very careful trading Komi...he's still a young dman that can develope into a good player. I know he's not playing well (better since Cote's been up) but his potential is there.

Salei is good but I don't like trading Komisarek as he is one of the few Habs with size. He's also our top defenceman prospect which says that we should hold him tight. Even more than ever now when both Hainsey and Beauchemin are gone.

Salei for a late round pick or Mark Streit sounds better to me.

Salei is good but I don't like trading Komisarek as he is one of the few Habs with size. He's also our top defenceman prospect which says that we should hold him tight. Even more than ever now when both Hainsey and Beauchemin are gone.

we are not going to get Salei for Streit or a late round pick.

The guy is a 25 min/game Dman, big, mobile and can shoot the puck. He would help us alot and many teams would want him.

I don't want to loose Komi either but you get what you pay for.

Salei is worth more then that.

I dont think Salei will go for anything more than a pick or a monor league prospect either. Especially since he is an UFA at the end of the year.

Salei is worth more then that.

If he was signed to a contract he would be worth more but as of right now he is a rental player for whoever gets him.

we got Kovalev for Balej ...remember that

No way should we trade Komisarek. Especially not for a 30+-year-old defenceman. That's NOT how you rebuild; that's how you end up in the same wretched mess season after season. If Bob pulls the trigger on this deal, I will officially join the Bob-haters.

Anaheim isn't out of the playoff race but they have been selling all year. First Fedorov and then Sykora. Now they want to dump Salei?

Fedorov was shiped to Columbus along with a 5th round pick for Tyler Wright and Francois Beauchemin.

First line winger Petr Sykor was dealt to Rags with a 4th rounder for Max Kondratiev.

Why would the price for Ruslan Salei be so much higher? Anaheim has a lot of defenceman I would like to see in a Montreal jersey. They also have a guy called Selänne whom I think could get the Habs going again.

Anaheim has 10 defencemen but only 16 forwards. Would it not make sense if the Habs traded a forward for a defenceman?

So trade proposal is:

To Montreal:

Bruno St. Jacques

Francois Beauchemin

Teemu Selänne

Ruslan Salei

for:

Richard Zednik

Radek Bonk (Habs pay half of his salary)

A second round pick

Raitis Ivanans

With absolutely no depth at the defensive positions, I gotta think that any good gm wouldn't trade away a promising young defenseman whom is owned by the team for a few more years, for a 30 year old (but, admittedly, better) defenseman that could be gone in a matter of months.

Guys...this deal will never fall through....Gigueire is a good goaltender...even though he has had a sub-par season like theodore..I think that would definitely weigh to montreals advantage (especially if that trade did happen)...cmon...they would be NUTS to trade selanne. Secondly, I recall seeing somewhere that Selanne wants to stay in Anaheim. Salei...Not much to say on him...Im not a big komisarek fan, but hes still young and could develop. As for Sheldon Souray...I would get rid of him for a bag of pucks...He is useless and I think he may be one of the worst defenders in the league. I play Jr. A and I would put my money on it that I could burn him....Since he watches the puck and not the man!!!! He's been dangled so many times this season its ridiculous. Anyways.....if I dont see a change of scenery soon...I will stop tuning in...and the seats of the bell centre will stay full...Because we are true fans...who stay with the team in its highs and lows! The thing that would really make me feel good...is the upper management FIRE bob gainey. Just because he was a good hockey player doesnt mean that he's a good GM. And in the new NHL, you cant win by playing a trap (well with forwards who dont skate and defence who are as useless as #### on a board!!!). If Bob doesnt make a move....we might as well tell the caddies to get out their clubs! I have suspicion that a deal fell through just before the press conference...that conference was not meant to be about Ivanis to Hamilton..it was something else that didnt work out last minute!....Lets hope he can negotiate and make a move!!!

As for Sheldon Souray...I would get rid of him for a bag of pucks...He is useless and I think he may be one of the worst defenders in the league. I play Jr. A and I would put my money on it that I could burn him....Since he watches the puck and not the man!!!! He's been dangled so many times this season its ridiculous.

LOL and i would put my money on you getting creamed into the boards...LOL

Edited by brboo

Anaheim isn't out of the playoff race but they have been selling all year. First Fedorov and then Sykora. Now they want to dump Salei?

Fedorov was shiped to Columbus along with a 5th round pick for Tyler Wright and Francois Beauchemin.

First line winger Petr Sykor was dealt to Rags with a 4th rounder for Max Kondratiev.

Why would the price for Ruslan Salei be so much higher? Anaheim has a lot of defenceman I would like to see in a Montreal jersey. They also have a guy called Selänne whom I think could get the Habs going again.

Anaheim has 10 defencemen but only 16 forwards. Would it not make sense if the Habs traded a forward for a defenceman?

So trade proposal is:

To Montreal:

Bruno St. Jacques

Francois Beauchemin

Teemu Selänne

Ruslan Salei

for:

Richard Zednik

Radek Bonk (Habs pay half of his salary)

A second round pick

Raitis Ivanans

I dont think you can pay 1/2 the salary anymore and i dont think the ducks are that stupid but god how I wish they were. What I hate about all these proposals is how we can't give up anybody to get somebody. I do not think we will get them for free but if we can I'm in

I highly doubt that BG will trade Komisarek. Granted, Komi isnt coming up as fast and smooth as expected, but that's only a minor delay. BG already lost Hainsey and Beauchemin without getting anything in return; and the few d-man prospects are very far away.