Hockey Central Says Habs Want Alyn Mccauley

gohabsgo252006

They say Gainey is talking to the sharks about McCauley, possibly with Zednik going the other way.

THey said that the Sharks want Sundstrom but Gainey doesn't want to give him up...(I wonder if they know anything about the habs).

That being said...McCauly could be a good addition. And he is apparently a habs fan too.

5-11, 200lbs can Play Center or LW.

TSN scounting report says he's a 2 way player.....Could fit nicely on the third line.

They say Gainey is talking to the sharks about McCauley, possibly with Zednik going the other way.

THey said that the Sharks want Sundstrom but Gainey doesn't want to give him up...(I wonder if they know anything about the habs).

That being said...McCauly could be a good addition. And he is apparently a habs fan too.

5-11, 200lbs can Play Center or LW.

TSN scounting report says he's a 2 way player.....Could fit nicely on the third line.

(I wonder if they know anything about the habs) ??? :?- :?-

McCauley is a great hockey player. Very underrated he is from Brockville and I have had the privilege of playing golf with him before. He seems to be a quiet guy but then again he was playing golf with someone he had never met before. Once again though I don’t believe this is one of Gainey's targets he is a centreman who is yet another left handed shot.

Yeah, MaCauley has a strong work ethic, decent skills and decent leadership. He'd be an upgrade over the underachieving Sundstrom and Zednik. And would Gainey have the heart to send Zednik to SJ? I'm not sure Z-man will have much fun playing alongside Kyle McLaren.

Gainey said he liked the top 3 lines chemistry right now. I dont think you'll see any moved being done involving any of those guys.

What Gainey wants is more offensive production out of the 4th line. The only move I see the Habs do is get someone to replace Bonk between Begin and Downey. Bonk's just not getting the job down on faceoffs and in the offensive zone.

McCauley would fit well there.

I can't see Bonk moving. Gainey brought him in and he's a big part of his plan. A big center, good both ways and strong on face-offs. So far he's been a big center, who's strong defensively and average on face-offs. That's not what anyone or what Bob expected of him but he's still a proven two-way star who can really help out our team. He's got potential to find his game again. He's played on every line in his career and only produced with Ottawa when he was on the top 2. Maybe Bonk isn't actually more comfortable as a third-line checker. Bonk is also a fantastic stickhandler. He hasn't showed it yet but he's got amazing skills when he wants to show them. He was chosen 3rd overall for a reason.

Yeah, MaCauley has a strong work ethic, decent skills and decent leadership. He'd be an upgrade over the underachieving Sundstrom and Zednik. And would Gainey have the heart to send Zednik to SJ? I'm not sure Z-man will have much fun playing alongside Kyle McLaren.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I wouldn't mind trading SunnyD for McCauley though. I remember back when he played for the laffs, he was one of their better players during the playoffs. Of course, they failed to sign him after that, opting to go after an older player and he went to the Sharks.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I wouldn't mind trading SunnyD for McCauley though. I remember back when he played for the laffs, he was one of their better players during the playoffs. Of course, they failed to sign him after that, opting to go after an older player and he went to the Sharks.

Actually they traded him along with Brad Boyes and a first round pick for Owen Nolan.

Not a McCaully fan (I mean common, I can't even spell his name right.)

Zednik has been somewhat close to horrid this season, but when the playoffs come... he's one of the best. I doubt we'll see Zednik move... especially since he's currently playing the 3rd line and should there be an injury to one of our wingers, he'd easily fit onto the top lines... that's insurance!

I do agree w/ the idea that Bonk could go for a better 4th line C. W/ Murray back into the mix... it should be interesting to see what happens.

I can't see Bonk moving. Gainey brought him in and he's a big part of his plan. A big center, good both ways and strong on face-offs. So far he's been a big center, who's strong defensively and average on face-offs. That's not what anyone or what Bob expected of him but he's still a proven two-way star who can really help out our team. He's got potential to find his game again. He's played on every line in his career and only produced with Ottawa when he was on the top 2. Maybe Bonk isn't actually more comfortable as a third-line checker. Bonk is also a fantastic stickhandler. He hasn't showed it yet but he's got amazing skills when he wants to show them. He was chosen 3rd overall for a reason.

None of that means jackshit, because right now Bonk blows. Bonk lost his job to Plekanec who's a rookie picked 71st overall.

None of that means jackshit, because right now Bonk blows. Bonk lost his job to Plekanec who's a rookie picked 71st overall.

Has Bonk really been playing that bad? No. He's just been playing differently form what we were expecting. We were expecting a few goals but we weren't expecting such good defence. Or atleast not as good as it's been so far. Bonk hasn't been what we thought he would but that isn't in such a horrible way. The facts are that Bonk is a highly skiled proven player who might just need time to fit into our system. Bonk is outplaying Plekanec et al on the PK and when we end up with as many penalties as we have been doing, special teams are more important than 5-on-5 hockey.

So go ahead and predict a Bonk trade. I can't see it happening. Gainey had a plan and he got Bonk to fulfill part of it. Also Gainey's too patient to write someone off after one season. I doubt we make any major or even moderate moves. Only Sundstrom could be moving IMO but following my theory of Gainey's plan, Sundstrom would be in it.

Has Bonk really been playing that bad? No. He's just been playing differently form what we were expecting. We were expecting a few goals but we weren't expecting such good defence. Or atleast not as good as it's been so far. Bonk hasn't been what we thought he would but that isn't in such a horrible way. The facts are that Bonk is a highly skiled proven player who might just need time to fit into our system. Bonk is outplaying Plekanec et al on the PK and when we end up with as many penalties as we have been doing, special teams are more important than 5-on-5 hockey.

Bonk was brought to be a prototypical big 3rd line defensive center. And he lost that job to Plekanec because he couldnt even be reliable defensively. I dont know which Bonk you've seen this season, but the one I've see has made countless horrible turnovers, has looked very slow and has struggled in the faceoff circles all season long. He wasnt expected to be a scoring sensation, but he wasnt expected to be so ineffective offensively either.

So go ahead and predict a Bonk trade. I can't see it happening. Gainey had a plan and he got Bonk to fulfill part of it. Also Gainey's too patient to write someone off after one season. I doubt we make any major or even moderate moves. Only Sundstrom could be moving IMO but following my theory of Gainey's plan, Sundstrom would be in it.

I never predicted a Bonk trade. I said Bonk is dissapointing Gainey and he's the guy most likely to be replaced if a trade happens because Gainey wants more offense from the 4th line (Begin-Bonk-Downey). You need to start reading better.

:blink:

I need to start reading better? I read your 1 line post quite well:

"None of that means jackshit" to me means that you disagree with my entire post. My post said that I didn't think Gainey would or should trade Bonk. I think I read it quite well.

And like I said before - don't write off Bonk yet. He still should be able to produce like he's done his entire career. And who knows how valuable his presence will be in the playoffs? Our team is young and inexperienced. A guy like Bonk can only help.

Montreal won't be making any trades least of all for another centermen. Makes no sense. As of now they can't trade any of the ones they have, Koivu...brandnew contract, Bonk overpaid and worthless, Ribeiro nobody wants him and Begin is a good fourthline guy, nevermind that you have Plekanec and Higgins who can play center. McCauley trade will never happen.

Infact I don't believe any trade will happen. I think Gainey will stick with what he has and make a run at the playoffs. Just needs to give Huet some rest

:blink:

I need to start reading better? I read your 1 line post quite well:

"None of that means jackshit" to me means that you disagree with my entire post. My post said that I didn't think Gainey would or should trade Bonk. I think I read it quite well.

And like I said before - don't write off Bonk yet. He still should be able to produce like he's done his entire career. And who knows how valuable his presence will be in the playoffs? Our team is young and inexperienced. A guy like Bonk can only help.

the reason bonk got the boot from ottawa was his poor playoffs performances...he disapeares

this would look good to me

mcCauley-ryan clowe-2nd for zednik-RIBEIRO and we can give then bonk too if they want him. :?-

Edited by KEEP26

The real reason that Bonk wont be traded is that he is underachieving this season, has a reputation as a play-off bust (deserved or not, I dont want to debate) and is massively overpaid as a 4th line centre. I like Bonk and I think he can bounce back, but I wouldnt be unhappy to see him go.

I don't buy that one, Pleks is just as good as Macauley. I actually think any trades will depend on Pleks is health, The top 3 lines have been playing very well lately with pleks as the #3 center. If he is not healthy, i would expect a trade. I may also look at Mara to add to the D. It obviously depends on the cost to get him. There are alot of free agent D's out there at the end of the year, Morris, Gauthier, Kubina, the 2 sens D.

I don't buy that one, Pleks is just as good as Macauley. I actually think any trades will depend on Pleks is health, The top 3 lines have been playing very well lately with pleks as the #3 center. If he is not healthy, i would expect a trade. I may also look at Mara to add to the D. It obviously depends on the cost to get him. There are alot of free agent D's out there at the end of the year, Morris, Gauthier, Kubina, the 2 sens D.

Yeah I'd love to see the Habs pick up a decent defenceman, unfortunatley all you hear is who might be available. But none of these so called experts or analysts ever say what it would take to pry these guys away from there GM's? Oh great, Ottawa is offering draft picks for the Jokenin, while Predators are offering a youngster off their roster? Well what type of draft picks or what youngster?

What would it take to get a guy like Mara away from the Coyote's? It has to be significant. Hes a young defenseman entering his prime, who can be a top 3 defensmen who was a top 10 draft pick. Your not going to get him straight up for Zednik, or Zednik and a 3rd round pick. SO what would it take? Thats the question.