Theo Traded To Colorado

gohabsgo252006

Lets get serious

What would make Nonis wanna give up Bert Now? what could the Habs offer that they could not say no too? the one hour adquired Aebischer?

Edited by CoRvInA

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.coloradoavalanche.com

is saying they made the trade, habs show nothing about it yet...

AHHH WHAT A MESS :(

PLUS : gainey said that his first priority is a big forward or a big defenseman...

PLUS : since theo is injured so can't play for a few more weeks, why making the trade TODAY and NOT at the end of the trading day tomorrow???

Edited by bebehabs

Theo might turn it around, but when has abby ever proven he can? I hope you are correct and there is another shoe to drop on this one.

Look at the stats.........for the past few years ABBY has been right with Theo if not better......Theo is way over-rated.

Montreal wins this trade purely on money. because the talent is exactly the same. We do not lose here in anyway except we need a solid goaltender, we needed that in the first place anyway.

ABBY STATS......

2005-2006 Avalanche 42 2,411 24 14 0 122 1,209 3 3.03 .899

2003-2004 Avalanche 62 3,702 32 19 9 129 1,703 4 2.09 .924

2002-2003 Avalanche 22 1,235 7 12 0 50 593 1 2.43 .916

2001-2002 Avalanche 21 1,183 13 6 0 37 538 2 1.88 .931

2000-2001 Avalanche 26 1,392 12 7 3 52 538 3 2.24 .903

NHL Totals: 173 9,925 88 58 12 390 4,581 13 2.36 .915

THEO STATS.......

2005-2006 Canadiens 38 2,113 17 15 0 122 1,025 0 3.46 .881

2003-2004 Canadiens 67 3,960 33 28 5 150 1,860 6 2.27 .919

2002-2003 Canadiens 57 3,418 20 31 6 165 1,797 2 2.90 .908

2001-2002 Canadiens 67 3,863 30 24 10 136 1,972 7 2.11 .931

2000-2001 Canadiens 59 3,297 20 29 5 141 1,546 2 2.57 .909

After seeing the Lightning play against us last week. I'm convinced they will trade for a goaltender. Maybe they would like Aebisher? I am quite happy to finish the season with Huet and Danis. I don't expect to win the cup this year but they are good enough to get us into the playoffs and won't cost us a series.

Anyone who is currently bashing this trade HAS to consider the cap implications. When someone like Theo is eating up close to 5.5 million of your cap, then theoretically speaking, he should be 10x better than Huet, who makes close to 500k. Yes, this is an oversimplification, but I'm making a point: this isn't like the Roy trade, because with Theo off the books, we can acquire a player deserving of a top-flight contract (ie. Richards, Luongo).

What I like about this trade is that it signifies to me that Gainey has a plan, not just for the rest of this year, but beyond.

Comparison to Roy? Please...Theo has not won 2 cups and I don't believe he has it in him.

Theo was a huge block in the way of developing solid team chemistry. Based on hands-on, face-to-face experience, Theo was not the most well-liked guy on the Habs, and the team clearly put their support behind Huet. Theo got caught up in his own hype, the team will be better without him. Take Rivet as an example, notice how much more he interacts with Huet during a game. Sames goes for Koivu.

I'm loving Gainey's vision. Theo is a small goalie who couldn't adjust to the new equipment...what reason did we have to believe that he would adjust at some point in the future? Especially at his salary. Which was only increasing!

So to sum up, if you want to bash this trade, which is obviously a fair point of view, all I ask is to include thoughts about the big picture, long-term future, and cap implications.

Cheers,

Dave

After seeing the Lightning play against us last week. I'm convinced they will trade for a goaltender. Maybe they would like Aebisher? I am quite happy to finish the season with Huet and Danis. I don't expect to win the cup this year but they are good enough to get us into the playoffs and won't cost us a series.

something tells me that is true!.... I believe Aebischer shouldnt buy a ticket to MTL just yet! wait til 3 pm tomorrow Book it ffor now

I don't know about this one. Trading Theo was bound to happen, but damn man the vibes I'm getting from him going to Colorado aren't so good.

And straight up for Aebischer? I don't really think much of Aebischer's skills, does this mean we gotta play him over Huet?

Anyone who is currently bashing this trade HAS to consider the cap implications. When someone like Theo is eating up close to 5.5 million of your cap, then theoretically speaking, he should be 10x better than Huet, who makes close to 500k. Yes, this is an oversimplification, but I'm making a point: this isn't like the Roy trade, because with Theo off the books, we can acquire a player deserving of a top-flight contract (ie. Richards, Luongo).

What I like about this trade is that it signifies to me that Gainey has a plan, not just for the rest of this year, but beyond.

Comparison to Roy? Please...Theo has not won 2 cups and I don't believe he has it in him.

Theo was a huge block in the way of developing solid team chemistry. Based on hands-on, face-to-face experience, Theo was not the most well-liked guy on the Habs, and the team clearly put their support behind Huet. Theo got caught up in his own hype, the team will be better without him. Take Rivet as an example, notice how much more he interacts with Huet during a game. Sames goes for Koivu.

I'm loving Gainey's vision. Theo is a small goalie who couldn't adjust to the new equipment...what reason did we have to believe that he would adjust at some point in the future? Especially at his salary. Which was only increasing!

So to sum up, if you want to bash this trade, which is obviously a fair point of view, all I ask is to include thoughts about the big picture, long-term future, and cap implications.

Cheers,

Dave

Exactly.

it does help the habs..huet could become ufa this summer...with the cap money he just saved, he can go for a big name this summer

ok, i think it's CONFIRMED

on RIS' we saw saku talking about it : saying that they just heard about it 5 min. b4 getting on the bus...

so.. yeah... no more theo :S

what am i going to do with my 2 theo's habs jersey? :S

I can't believe people are placing all their bets on Huet. He played a few great games, but he has never proved himself a number 1 guy in the long haul. In fact, he looked like crap the last few games (he was tired, but still, a playoff run is worse).

If we were getting Luongo I would have no worries, but if we are going into next season with Huet as our number one then I for one think we are taking a very big gamble.

Im pretty sure we are getting Luongo, Roberto has made it clear he aint signing with Florida no matter what they offer. He's coming home

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

What bullshit!!!

The Habs wouldn't even have made the playoffs twice in the past 3 years if it wasn't for Theodore! He was an All-star just last season!

It's because of idiot, ######ing impatient fans. Vancouver is still waiting on Cloutier, and Montreal can't give a former MVP/2-time All-star a season!?

What the f*ck is this!? Koivu is on and off the injured list, and you give up on the most reliable star this team has had in the past 5 years!?!

This is absolute idiocy. Watch him win a Cup with the Avalance.

Are you joking?!

The guy can't even handle playoff pressure in Vancouver (where Canucks fans think they are "pressure cookers"). Just wait until he comes to a hockey-insane, 24 Stanley Cup winning city like Montreal. He'll be a shell of himself - which wasn't much to start off with. He's basically the Ron Artest of hockey without the College mathematics skill and ghetto childhood as an excuse for idiotic behavior.

I see your analyzing this situation with your superior analytical skills. According to your logic we should sign everybody who USED to be good because they USED to be good. Theo had every opportunity to turn around his year, in fact I think Gainey was more than patient with him. His inconsistency has been around since he won the trophies, it's not new to this year. Even if he turns it around somewhere else he wasn't going to do it here.

I see you're all about fresh starts in fresh places though. I think it will be good for Bertuzzi and he will have Gainey to protect him and MOST IMPORTANTLY this trade gives us CAP SPACE and FLEXIBILITY

In an interview Aebischer said he had herad rumours of the trade but it's always a surprise when you get traded and that he's excited for the new challenge.

Is Gainey on crack??????????????????? Why trade Theo for a sub-par goalie when we are have two on the team in Huet and Danis. This doesn't help the habs now and in the future. Please Bob say it ain't so.

I think your on crack......Theo hasn't won a cup, actually Theo hasn't done anything except shut the door for a total of 2 play-off rounds and a couple of ten game winning streaks.....

gets a Vezina and everyone pays him like he's god.

He is not good. Everyone in the league knows this..That's why we get only Abby. Who in my eyes is equal to Theo only cheaper.

Watch.......he'll take us to the cup......it's our turn to burn Denver.

from what i heard, gainey maybe wanna save the M$ to get a BIG player tomorrow... which is credible...

we'll talk about it tommorow guys :)

I think your on crack......Theo hasn't won a cup, actually Theo hasn't done anything except shut the door for a total of 2 play-off rounds and a couple of ten game winning streaks.....

He is not good. Everyone in the league knows this..That's why we get only Abby. Who in my eyes is equal to Theo only cheaper.

Well thats the most optimistic statement i have ever read.

I don't know why everyone is so worried about the cap implications. THis year the Habs were $3 Million or more under it, and with it increasing to somewhere around $43 Million next year they had alot of room to maneuver with.

Gainey can't be doing this with looking forward to UFA this summer because he can't possibly know whats going to be out there. Luongo and Jokenin will likely resign with Florida, or possibly be traded, but Florida will not let these guys go to the open market this summer. Even Jokenin himself says he wants to resign in Florida. Redden and Chara will resign in Ottawa. Selanne is too freakin old, even though he's having a good year this year, he'll be even older next year.

As for making room for additions via trade, I seriously hope it isn't Bertuzzi, for obvious reasons.

Anybody else who is worth having would destroy the chemistry of this team, as well as cost too much in terms of talent that would have to be sent the other way

I guess Gainey has a plan, but its looking really ######ing muddy at this point and I'm frustrated. I can see Theodore getting his shit together and Colorado making a run in the playoffs, and within a few years I see Colorado winning another stanley cup. Theodore will be revived in Colorado

from what i heard, gainey maybe wanna save the M$ to get a BIG player tomorrow... which is credible...

I like how you said it, SAVE it till TOMMOROW..haha, i thought you were going to say till next season.

I agree with you which is why, i'm staying home and skipping class to watch all the intense trade deadline coverage on tv. 8am - 5 on tsn and sportsnet and 10 - 4 or so on teh score

Go Gainey GO

bebe sell one of them at least! :(

How much longer is Theo out for? How long will he take to get back into game shape? How will he play when/if he does come back?....................... :hlogo:

The way I see it, we got something for nothing; since he's currently on the shelf, and has been having trouble (IMO) with his new equipment. And now he'll have to come back after an extended layoff. If you look at career #'s for both their similiar. Bob did this deal now, to save cap space; and maybe pull off a deal or 2 tomorrow. If not he'll use the extra $$ over the summer, there could be lots of UFA's available this summer. Our problem hasn't been our goaltending this year(Theo's "off year" aside), it's been scoring and getting another established Dman.

So why did Gainey paid Theodore so much money if he sucked???????? So using your logic i'm right Gainey is on crack. Dumbass

Is Gainey on crack??????????????????? Why trade Theo for a sub-par goalie when we are have two on the team in Huet and Danis. This doesn't help the habs now and in the future. Please Bob say it ain't so.

I don't think Aeb is a bad goalie, but the issue has always been the playoffs. He does not step it up in the playoffs.

there is a reason that the Avs have been looking to trade him all year and are willing to take a chance on Theo getting back in form. They obviously believe Theo can take them farther and I agree with them. Doesn't mean he will, but he could.