Are You Disappointed

les_glorieux

Disappointed?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Are you or aren't you

• Yes
    • No
    • I still can't believe we traded Theo

Oops... Misread the question... voted wrong... Maybe that's how Bush got re-elected.. :D

I would have liked to see the Habs do something with the freed-up cap space (i.e., I would have liked to have seen Jokinen or Selanne in MTL)

But yeh, Bob knows his stuff... I just hope the Jose trade pans out...

For sheer excitement of deadline day, yes I was a bit dissapointed.

But for the team's own good, I guess it's best to wait until the FA period. We have a crap load of cash now and so I can see Bob staying patient and getting a player like Selanne...or someone.

I'm not really dissapointed, I mean they got rid of Theodore and his huge contract and they got a decent goalie in Aebischer. The Todd Simpson pick-up was fine, cause it didn't really cost the Habs anything and they get a tough, physical defenceman and what I heard from the interviews with him, he seems to be a good guy to get along with.

When Flyers added so many players in the offseason noone understand how they where going to afford all the players under the cap.

Then they aquired Petr Nedved and basicly they hit the roof. But on trading deadline the added both Denis Gauthier and Niko Dimitrakos. I would have loved Gauthier in Canadiens but I can't understand how all this adds up?

When Flyers added so many players in the offseason noone understand how they where going to afford all the players under the cap.

Then they aquired Petr Nedved and basicly they hit the roof. But on trading deadline the added both Denis Gauthier and Niko Dimitrakos. I would have loved Gauthier in Canadiens but I can't understand how all this adds up?

Maybe with the injury to Keith Primeau cleared alot of cap room to get those two players today. But I'm not sure if it still adds up even if Primeau is gone for the season.

Not in Nirvana either.... just to show you it was very hard to get anyone out there! and what they were offering was too much... Im very glad Gainey didnt sacrifice the Habs future ( on our prospects ) nor future prospects ( that 6th round aint too bad) to get what we needed at least at the blue line! and future adquisition power is now even stronger for the off season! cant ask for more!

By the same token he has shown trust in how the team has been playing lately and the team will appreciate and that were gonna give it our best and we might even surprise a team or two...

I like the Golaie duo must agree we could have gotten Tanguay instead but We are the Goalie foundation in the NHL we've got leverage power and they will start knocking on our door next coming seasons!

Melanson has alot of work ahead of him!

Yes a little bit. All day i thought about the Theo trade, kinda confused. WOke up and first thing i saw was that trade, never woke up that fast! Never thought he would leave. I like Aeby, so i'm not that dissapointed.

I'm more dissapointed that we didn't get Jokinen/St'Louis or a guy like that!

Oke deadline is their, no i can go to bed!!

Maybe with the injury to Keith Primeau cleared alot of cap room to get those two players today. But I'm not sure if it still adds up even if Primeau is gone for the season.

if the NHL aproved it then its under... who's checking on the NHL to see if they know how to calculate??

I'm not dissapointed because I never thought the Habs would make any major moves anyways.

I am dissapointed that the Habs let Theodore go and only got Aebischer back. The theory goes that the team who gets the best player wins the trade, and maybe it won't be this year, but I betcha being away from the Montreal circus will be beneficial to Theodore, he'll revive his career and help Colorado back to the Stanley Cup within the next 2 years.

I WILL be dissapointed if the dumping of Theodore's salary does not benefit this team in the offseason whether it be through trade or free agency, and bringing in some high priced offensive and defensive upgrades to this team. I will be dissapointed if this was just to line the pockets of George Gillet, which at this point seems to be the only thing that has happened so far.

I'm dissapointed that as it stands now, Montreal stands to face either Carolina or Ottawa, both powerhouses, who both bettered themselves today, while Montreal did not. That doesn't make for a good first round playoff series for the Habs.

i'm happy too

finally NO MORE STOOPID/INSANE rumors from everywhere haha now we can really ONLY talk about hockey and habs performances~

plus : from what we saw lately, the team has its chemistry and every line contribute to the success of the team, so i just hope pleky is going to be back SOOOON so our PK unit can work well again~

i'm happy too

finally NO MORE STOOPID/INSANE rumors from everywhere haha now we can really ONLY talk about hockey and habs performances~

plus : from what we saw lately, the team has its chemistry and every line contribute to the success of the team, so i just hope pleky is going to be back SOOOON so our PK unit can work well again~

I'm sure there will, who will we sign in the summer? :D

I'm not disappointed. We picked up the defenseman that we so badly needed, and we dumped Theo's bloated salary. The top two objectives were met. I'm relieved we didn't trade for Bertuzzi, as I'd never want to see that scumbag in bleu, blanc et rouge. I'm also glad we didn't shake up the team too much, as the group chemistry seems to be good lately.

With the newly aquired crapload of cash thanks to Lacroix.... does anybody think this is possible this offseason?

Trade a combination of Ribs, or Sundstrom, Zednik, or whoever.. for Bertuzzi.

Resign the good RFAs(Ryder, Higgins, etc.) and Bulis(who will be a UFA).

And sign UFAs to give us this...

Selanne(UFA), Koivu, Bertuzzi

Perezhogin, McCauley(UFA), Kovalev

Higgins, Plekanec, Ryder

Begin(UFA), Bonk, Bulis

Souray, Markov

Rivet, Markov(Danny-UFA)

Gauthier(UFA), Dandenault

Huet(UFA) / Aebischer

This would probably cost 42 Million with Theos salary gone.

:hlogo:

Anyways, what do u think?

With the newly aquired crapload of cash thanks to Lacroix.... does anybody think this is possible this offseason?

Trade a combination of Ribs, or Sundstrom, Zednik, or whoever.. for Bertuzzi.

Resign the good RFAs(Ryder, Higgins, etc.) and Bulis(who will be a UFA).

And sign UFAs to give us this...

Selanne(UFA), Koivu, Bertuzzi

Perezhogin, McCauley(UFA), Kovalev

Higgins, Plekanec, Ryder

Begin(UFA), Bonk, Bulis

Souray, Markov

Rivet, Markov(Danny-UFA)

Gauthier(UFA), Dandenault

Huet(UFA) / Aebischer

This would probably cost 42 Million with Theos salary gone.

:hlogo:

Anyways, what do u think?

Don't want Selanne, he'll be too old. I know people said that this year and he had a good year, but eventually he'll falter.

We have enough Centers, don't need McCauley

Dany Markov would be ok

I think Aebischer will eventually be delt as Danis has to eventually get some playing time. He should be here this year, but its a waste to have him in Hamilton next year.

I'd really like to know who the free agents are going to be this coming summer

Go to www.spectorshockey.net, and on the side panel it has a link to click to get to this years free agents.

I'm not dissapointed because I never thought the Habs would make any major moves anyways.

I am dissapointed that the Habs let Theodore go and only got Aebischer back. The theory goes that the team who gets the best player wins the trade, and maybe it won't be this year, but I betcha being away from the Montreal circus will be beneficial to Theodore, he'll revive his career and help Colorado back to the Stanley Cup within the next 2 years.

I WILL be dissapointed if the dumping of Theodore's salary does not benefit this team in the offseason whether it be through trade or free agency, and bringing in some high priced offensive and defensive upgrades to this team. I will be dissapointed if this was just to line the pockets of George Gillet, which at this point seems to be the only thing that has happened so far.

I'm dissapointed that as it stands now, Montreal stands to face either Carolina or Ottawa, both powerhouses, who both bettered themselves today, while Montreal did not. That doesn't make for a good first round playoff series for the Habs.

This doesn't worry me. As I've said earlier, I see this as another in the transition steps for this team. Gainey is in the process of creating a team package that will work together towards greater heights.

It was well known, at the beginning of the year, that there were cliques in the team and that these cliques were not conducive to harmony within the team. One of those cliques was the Théodore/Ribeiro/Dagenais clique. That one has been effectively been cleaned up. I'm sure also that Gainey likely recognized the error he made with the contract with Théodore last summer and he did a pretty good job at repairing that error. He made as good a correction as he could given the circumstances. Another apparent error was the Bonk contract but that one isn't as bad as the player involved wasn't expected to have team-carrying shoulders like Théodore was expected to have.

I believe that, on the whole, Gainey has done well. He's fixed up the Théodore situation, strenghtened his team's grit and still left the future uncompromised. On top of that, he's opened up greater acquisition possibilities if he plans to go that route.

Bottom line, for me... this was a good trade deadline 'day' for the Canadiens.

:king: :hlogo: :king: :hlogo: :king: :hlogo: :king: :hlogo: :king:

I'm inclined to agree.

But that doesn't mean I can't point out some of the moves Montreal possibly should have considered. Dimitrakos would be a solid winger pickup for a third round pick, would be better suited than Sundstrom anyways..but then again he'd be on the fourth line -- so why bother?

Gauthier though would have been a good pickup. Considering what Philly paid for him, chances are he's gonna re-sign there.

And I can't help but wonder whether using some cap room now, which is what I was hoping to see in getting some big names, would have been a good thing.

Yeah, I'm disappointed.

Gainey trades away Jose and creates a lot of cap room, then doesn't use the cap room.

Brings in a 5-6 d-man (with a penchant for penalties) when the Habs needed a top 4 dman. Granted, Habs just got tougher on D, and I have no problem with that.

However, no improvements were made to the forward lines on a team that consistently didn't score this season. Zednik (with his salary) and a pick will bring in an upgrade.

So yeah, I'm disappointed.

Just because Gainey couldn't make more than one trade doesn't mean he wasn't talking to other GMs. It pisses me off that people think because he didn't get the particular player they may have wanted, Gainey was sitting in his office twiddling his thumbs and watching paint dry. It takes two sides to make a trade.

If the Habs had been higher in the standings, then maybe a couple of other deals may have been made. Gainey was a build-from-within GM in Dallas, and when he felt he was close to a Cup, then he made the bigger deals to put them over the top. It's not going to be much different in Montreal either.

Hey whats done is done. Lets hope the Habs concentrate on making the playoffs and winning a round or two in the playoffs and worry about bettering this team in the summmer, with a few millions extra to spend

I'm not disappointed at all. Especially after hearing Gainey's comments during intermission yesterday about freeing up salary space so they can better the team this summer. I think Gainey did a good job, to be honest.