Game Thread | Rangers Vs. Montreal | 03/11/06

Spider-Man NL

Bernard Geoffrion and Jean Béliveau made their NHL debuts together during a brief call-up from their junior teams in a 1-1 tie with the NY Rangers in 1950, with Boom Boom scoring his first NHL goal.

:hlogo:

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this game will be highly emotional tonight. hope boom boom gets some images of the ceremony...

It's kinda ironic he couldn't be there since he's the one who decided of march 11th for the ceremony in respect of his late father in law, howie morenz. H.M. died on a march 11th. let'S just hope boom boom doesn't do the same thing!

oh by the way, 4-2 montreal

M & K that really was a HW Nostradamus moment. The HABS have to win this game in honour of Boomer's memory :( :hlogo:

It's kinda ironic he couldn't be there since he's the one who decided of march 11th for the ceremony in respect of his late father in law, howie morenz. H.M. died on a march 11th. let'S just hope boom boom doesn't do the same thing!

You jinxed him!!! (Sorry, but couldn't resist, a little levity doesn't hurt...)

In a way it might be better Boom Boom went quickly -- he checked into the hospital last week and passed away just a few days later, better than a long drawn-out illness that would waste him away slowly and painfully. He knew today was the day his sweater would rise, and his spirit did the same, poetic, and will become part of Habs folklore.

Ah, but sad too, I remember Boom Boom was probably my Dad's favorite Hab ever (along with Dickie Moore), it's said he got the nickname because the slapshot he pioneered was not terribly accurate, so he would smack the puck (the first "Boom"), then it would miss the net and hit the boards (the second "Boom"). Of course he did get it together, became the second player to score 50 in a season, and won the NHL scoring title twice -- most of you guys probably knew that, maybe the younger don't though. Hey Shortcat, did you ever see Boom Boom play?

Anyway Bernard, thanks, hope you can look down at Montréal and feel the love tonight, and we'll see you on the other side.

:hlogo: Boom :hlogo: Boom

On the topic of games tonight... and dont shoot me for saying this but i want the Laughs to win tonight. Then with the Habs winning tonight we jump over the Lightning dont we?

On the topic of games tonight... and dont shoot me for saying this but i want the Laughs to win tonight. Then with the Habs winning tonight we jump over the Lightning dont we?

Sorry, but I never want the Make-Beliefs to win....we'll take care of our own business on Monday night when we play the Lightning.

The Habby 2919 the Habs don't care who wins that game just as long as it does not go to over time.

Ok, sorry, I just thought that if the Bolts lost tonight then and we win then we'd be ahead of them.. and then Monday night we could put ourselves even further ahead... Then the Thrashers/Isles/Leafs, etc. would be their problem while the Habs move onto the Devils.

Ok, sorry, I just thought that if the Bolts lost tonight then and we win then we'd be ahead of them.. and then Monday night we could put ourselves even further ahead... Then the Thrashers/Isles/Leafs, etc. would be their problem while the Habs move onto the Devils.

Yeah, I know what you mean, but if the Leafs lose again tonight, I don't think they'll be anybody's problem anymore.....and we still play them twice more when they'll be more interested in golfing than hockey.......the same can already be said about the Bruins who we play 3 times more (if I'm correct).

Hehehe don't have to apologize 2919! I see what you mean, it makes sense to hope the team we're chasing loses. But if that means the leaf winning *shudder* well, we get conflicted. But yes, NO OVERTIME (that points system has to change, every game should be worth the same number of points). And yes, let's catch the Devils!!!

Go Habs Go!

...they'll be more interested in golfing than hockey.......the same can already be said about the Bruins who we play 3 times more (if I'm correct).

Yes the Bruins have given up BUT, if you check their boards, there are a lot of Boston fans who would love their team to end the season by pulverizing Mike Ribeiro. I hope Gainey dresses Simpson for those games.

My God, hypothetically speaking, could you imagine a line of Souray, Rivet, Begin, Simpson, and Ribs as bait. Id like to see Boynton start something then.

:lol: :hlogo:

My God, hypothetically speaking, could you imagine a line of Souray, Rivet, Begin, Simpson, and Ribs as bait. Id like to see Boynton start something then.

:lol: :hlogo:

Yep, and Aebischer in goal (hi there Phil Sauve). Go ahead Nick.

As in master-bait ............................ :blink: HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH :lol:

i don't get it...can you explain please

:lol:

I'm predicting the Habs win 4-2. They usually play very well at home after a pre-game ceremony and tonight's should be be especially emotional and moving. I expect them to be very motivated. Go-Habs-Go!!

Edited by Peter Puck

I hope RDS actually shows the pre-game and everything. I am sure they will (because of the ceremony), but I hate to say it : CBC does a way better job on the pre-game. They actually show the anthem, the players getting on the ice and warming up. Not RDS though.

A BOOM BOOM ... he couldnt miss the game!!! what a guy He knew he had to come and watch the game this is why he checked out early from the hospital!!

He'll be watching the game tonight! Cause he will be at the game! and along with Howie, Rocket and all the ghosts from the old Forum that until today had not come to THe Bell Centre!

Mark this day Fellas the start of the new Era and start counting the days! Because Lord Stanley has been called apon By les Habitants!

This game is for all the Boys! present and absent!!! :ghg:

:hlogo: Vive/ Les Glorieux! Vive Nos Canadiens de Montreal!! :hlogo: :clap: :clap:

A BOOM BOOM ... he couldnt miss the game!!! what a guy He knew he had to come and watch the game this is why he checked out early from the hospital!!

He'll be watching the game tonight! Cause he will be at the game! and along with Howie, Rocket and all the ghosts from the old Forum that until today had not come to THe Bell Centre!

Mark this day Fellas the start of the new Era and start counting the days! Because Lord Stanley has been called apon By les Habitants!

This game is for all the Boys! present and absent!!! :ghg:

:hlogo: Vive/ Les Glorieux! Vive Nos Canadiens de Montreal!! :hlogo: :clap: :clap:

Corv for HW Nostr..

Go Habs go!