Who Should Start Against Carolina?

CBHabs_fan

Hi Guys,

I haven't been very active here, but with the stretch run, I think I'll need to vent a little. :blink:

I haven't heard an announcement, but I know Gainey was planning on playing Abby soon. I was thinking that Huet should go again against Carolina. We've been beat by them all year, and his play combined with the confidence he brings to the team will be needed. This is a big game and a great test.

Also, that leaves Abby to play against PIT. Why start the guy off with so much pressure. Let his first experience in MTL be a good one and beat the penguins.

What do you guys think? :?-

Since it's the second of a set of back-to-back games should be Aebischer I'd guess...

*edit: oops not back-to-back as I thought, still, Aebischer will play it was announced*

Edited by JeanLucPilon

Hi Guys,

I haven't been very active here, but with the stretch run, I think I'll need to vent a little. :blink:

I haven't heard an announcement, but I know Gainey was planning on playing Abby soon. I was thinking that Huet should go again against Carolina. We've been beat by them all year, and his play combined with the confidence he brings to the team will be needed. This is a big game and a great test.

Also, that leaves Abby to play against PIT. Why start the guy off with so much pressure. Let his first experience in MTL be a good one and beat the penguins.

What do you guys think? :?-

It will be Abby......He's great and will do well against carolina.....Pens have been kind of hot lately, and this year, they turn it up against the habs...... both games are just as important. either goalie against either team.

If we are going to use this platoon thing you guys are all talking about, no time like the present to put it into action........

I think Abby is going to surprise us and make this really interesting, although I'm not going to say it and jinx him....................................................

What number his he wearing? ZERO THE HERO!!!!!!!!

I think it's time we see what Aebi can do...

GO HABS GO!!!

Aebi's career totals vs. Carolina are as follows:

W- L- T- GA - GAA - SV% - SO

4 - 0- 1 - 9 - 1.76 - .936 - 0

Not too shabby!

I think it's time we see what Aebi can do...

GO HABS GO!!!

Aebi's career totals vs. Carolina are as follows:

W- L- T- GA - GAA - SV% - SO

4 - 0- 1 - 9 - 1.76 - .936 - 0

Not too shabby!

yeah, but I dont know how one compares hurricanes past with the current incarnation...

still... aebi definitely starts

Aebi will wear number 30 as discussed in an earlier thread.

Playing against Carolina will not doubt be a task but Carolina will be without Erik Cole (AKA The Canadiens Killer). That fact alone will hopefully make things slightly easier on the Canadiens.

Abs Should... but lets hope Huet understood that the Ice crack and Sheldon Souray's Mumbling were direct responsable for the two goals not him! :) I believe if both are thick-skinned this is gonna be fantastic Duo

I'm really hoping Gainey is able to make these two understand that they are a good pairing ( if it works) and they feel they need to stay! if both can't be resigned ...C'est la Vie!!

And I wouldn't be surprised if we do have success in the playoffs..... Teams will want to separate our newly found duo in the Summer!

Ok its too Nostradamus I knowwwww

Edited by CoRvInA

I don't know if you've noticed....PMK, but a couple of times we've written posts at the exact same time and written pretty much the same thing.......kind of freaky

I guess great minds think alike!!!!!!

LOL

Yeah I have noticed we share many of the same ideas and views on things. Sure helps to have someone on your side when people are pissed at me/you for bashing Ribs and especially Theo!

A little food for thought.............

I didn't realize till now that our boys have already had a little dual this year with Abby coming out on top............................

http://www.nhl.com/scores/recaps/641_2_recap.html

Check out the highlights and watch bulis level breeze-by......pretty sweet.

Edited by HABBER-oooooKNOWS

Aebischer

Gotta see how my boy reacts with his new team. I'm sure he'll do a great job though.

You think you guys have been waiting to see your new goalie....man, I've still got like..a month to go. :blink:

You should be happy, Only 1 month until you see goals going into the top corner like a bad nightmare

Tough call.

On one hand Huet has been solid and has also bounced back after a bad night. Look how he responded after Toronto. He's in the zone right now. Why mess with that?

On the other hand, Aebischer might surprise everyone. He's gotta get his feet wet sooner or later. Maybe Carolina will be somewhat confused with Aebischer in. Maybe the Habs want to welcome their new goalie. Let's face it, Theodore didn't just lose to Carolina but unfortunately the Canes had quite a making in the Jose sucks footage. They've owned him and he was goofy in those games. Last time out we could have beaten them. We were leading 1-0 til Theo went on his smoke breaks. :wacko:

WE GOTTA BEAT CAROLINA :angry:

I'll put my money on Aebischer.

Go :hlogo:

As you can see from my avatar he's #30. :hlogo:

Here's the link so it's clearer:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/news_story/?ID...e=nhl-canadiens

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

You should be happy, Only 1 month until you see goals going into the top corner like a bad nightmare

It's called a change of scenery. Brisebois (while still having some defensive lapses) is on course for a career year. Theo will be just fine. The weight of the world has been lifted off his shoulders now that he isn't Montreal's goalie.

Why do people still crap on Theo anyway? I'm not saying everyone does but geez...he's gone now. Get over it.