Habs Sign Chippy

GoHabs2002

I'm sure they gonna bring him along the team in mtl in th playoffs just for him to get accustomed to the line in the NHL and his future teammates.

great news, although it was a formality

Could this possibly mean a Latendresse/Chipchura/Kostytsin line next year??

:hlogo:

I certainly hope not. If you mean in Hamilton anyways. Kostitsyn better be in Montreal. And I doubt that Chipchura and Latendresse will make the big club next year

I certainly hope not. If you mean in Hamilton anyways. Kostitsyn better be in Montreal. And I doubt that Chipchura and Latendresse will make the big club next year

Yeah, we don't need Chips next year. The Habs have Bonk and Plex to fill that role. I would prefer Plex but how can BG get rid of Bonk?

Well he got rid of Theo at a moment when it seems like an impossible thing to do.

It could happen,...but there nothing much imperative about it.

I wouldnt be surprised it becomes easier for us to deal Bonk ( not that I really want to) depends on the correlation of the succes of teams with their 2way or savy PK defensive forwards

In other words if a (top) team falls in the first round and has few Bonk type players they might just be willing to adquire one in the offseason

Chipper won't see any time during the PO's, that's for sure. There are still other guys ahead of him and it wouldn't make any sense to burn his development.

He'll surely get lots of minutes with the Bulldogs next season, though we still don't know if we get players from another NHL club (like from Edmonton this year).

Could this possibly mean a Latendresse/Chipchura/Kostytsin line next year??

:hlogo:

Also I'm pretty sure Latendresse isn't AHL eligible next year, so yeah....NHL for all or not happening.

Edited by Trizzak

Maybe the Habs are signing all these guys so they can ice an AHL team on their own.

Anyway, good to see Chipper get a deal and being in Hamilton. He's going to get plenty of playing time and he'll have the proper time to develop in the minors.

This should come as good news to Bulldogs fans. Does anyone remember when management was pissed off about the Habs prospect in Hamilton earlier this season?

I'm glad they signed him, sooner than later. They had offered him an amateur try out, which he accepted. However, his agent advised him only to practice with the team, as he would have no insurance against any injury he suffered while playing for the Bulldogs. That I believe was the trigger to get Chipchurra signed to an entry-level contract.

Since the Bulldogs are officially out of the running for a playoff position, a guy like Chipchurra should get some decent ice time in Hamilton.

Yeah, that's been a really sore point. But remember that Montreal drafted, with Savard being hailed for genius, two would be star defensemen in Komisarek and Hainsey. The only bonafide bluechipper defender we've got now is Komisarek.

The Tender will be in Hamilton next year...not Montreal. Chip may make the team next year but I think he'll be in Hamilton too. He would have to have a great-no make that outstanding preseason. We don't need him yet-let the young guns develope along and we'll see who we sign in the off-season! Off topic....Habs 5 Isles 2

the secong Isles goal will be a cheapy(a deflection off someones ass or face)