Perezhogin And Murray Switch

JMMR

Not too worry last night murray shared tasks with Bulis on the "second" line...Therefore I believe its gonna be the same thing again Thursday.. Perogie 7 minutes and Bulis doing the rest! Sens will be a tad tired tomorrow hope it pays off for us!

It is said that Perezhogin have a tendency to become less reliable towards the last part

of a game....the present day organization see it that way,...unlike Julien which gave up on him.

With Zednick trying to remember how to play hockey....they have no choice....he is the best

alternative and I am excited to see the result.

They could use him less towards the end of the game.........after he his done with his hat trick...

yaaright!!

This second line is weird. Before it was pretty much the Ribiero/Kovalev show and it didn't matter who was beside them.

When they suddenly needed help, the roster spot became a rotating door position. Perezhogin, Zednik, Murray, Perezhogin, probably Bulis next...maybe even Sundstrom gets a chance at it too if Perezhogin and Bulis fail.

It's just that all the other lines are oozing chemistry. Higgins, Koivu and Ryder have (finally) clicked, we've all seen what Begin and Bonk do for each other, and Plekanec seems to be able to take anyone on the third line and play solid hockey.

Who will take the second line opening and run with it?

This second line is weird. Before it was pretty much the Ribiero/Kovalev show and it didn't matter who was beside them.

When they suddenly needed help, the roster spot became a rotating door position. Perezhogin, Zednik, Murray, Perezhogin, probably Bulis next...maybe even Sundstrom gets a chance at it too if Perezhogin and Bulis fail.

It's just that all the other lines are oozing chemistry. Higgins, Koivu and Ryder have (finally) clicked, we've all seen what Begin and Bonk do for each other, and Plekanec seems to be able to take anyone on the third line and play solid hockey.

Who will take the second line opening and run with it?

Kostitsyn?

I like Perezhogin but he is missing something. I don't know exactly what but the guy is missing something.

Hopefully Perezhogin can find his scoring touch like Higgins did. I think playing with Ribeiro and Kovalev will do him well. Hopefully Gainey will give him extended playing time with these two, to develop some chemisty, and it won't just be a 1 game thing. Give em 3 or 4 games.

I like Perezhogin but he is missing something. I don't know exactly what but the guy is missing something.

I'm gonna have to agree with you on this one....he seems to get into 1on1 situations, where he has the hands and the speed, but he just sort of gives up, and throws the puck towards the net....I'd like to see him at least try to dance around some of the slower dmen....go to the net harder. I remember the world juniors when he was on team russia, Pierre McGuire was referring to him taking the puck to the net hard as his 'bread and butter' play.

Maybe he just needs to put on some weight?

Maybe he just needs to put on some weight?

... that would be Ribeiro, actually.

It wouldn't hurt for both to beef up. Neither one is Koivu. :ph34r:

Edited by MCeh

Kostitsyn?

I thought about kostitsyn. he's a bigger guy. he could be an option come playoff time.

It's not easy for a rookie to play with Ribeiro and Kovalev; he hardly ever gets the puck. Both like to suck in the puck, and they never let it go. Kovalev tries to do everything all by himself, and he'll only let the puck go once he has no other option; too often that turns into a turnover. Ribeiro isn't much better in that department, and he's always looking for the perfect play, which more often than not is not the best available option; sometimes, an easy "boring" pass opens up the ice, and gives the team a better chance for a scoring opportunity.

Perezhogin was actually doing quite well at the beginning when he was playing with Koivu and Kovalev. I think he had something like 8 points in 9 games. Then for reason, Julien took him off that line in favor of Zednik, and we've hardly ever noticed Perezhogin since.

I still think Perezhogin can do just fine in the NHL, and he should hopefully come back stronger next season (actually, maybe even in the playoffs if we're lucky). However, he needs to play in a context that is suited for him because he dodn't have Kostsitsyn's skills to take matter in his own hands; like Mark Recchi even in his prime, he's always going to need good players next to him to produce. It's too late to try that now, but next season a line that I would try is Perezhogin with Koivu and Higgins. They are both hard workers, unselfish playmakers, and guys that care more about team success than looking good with highlight reel plays.

I thought about kostitsyn. he's a bigger guy. he could be an option come playoff time.

I agree, but it's too late for that now. If Gainey had any intention of bringing Kostsitsyn up, he would/should have done it at least a month ago, like the Sharks did with Steve Bernier. It took Bernier several games to adjust, but he's playing really well right now on a line with Marleau and Michalek.

Unfortunately, it won't be until next season for Kostsitsyn. If Gainey needs to call up someone from Hamilton, my guess is that he'll call Ferland or Lapierre before Kostsitsyn.

I personally think Perezhogin is a future 35 goal scorer. I was absolutely livid when he was taken off the Koivu/Kovalev at the beginning of the year, he was MTL's best skater through the first eight games IMO. I think he only got 3 or 4 games on the 2nd line before being demoted again to about 5-7 minutes a game... totally destroyed the kid's confidence. Obviously, Perez has to learn not to overcome obstacles like that, but why mess with a good thing? That Koivu/Kovalev/Perezhogin line was killer to start the year.

I have a feeling we'll see Perezhogin break out in a big way next year.

Kovy and Ribs need a shooter. A guy who either is wound up waiting for the pass or is screening the goalie for Kovy.

The sad part is that Dags kind of fits that description. Higgens could also do it quite well. Zednik should be able to do it, but he seems to prefer rushing and going around the net.

So many times I have seen Ribs and Kovy look up for that guy parked in the high slot ready to shoot, and the guy just is not there....

I personally think Perezhogin is a future 35 goal scorer. I was absolutely livid when he was taken off the Koivu/Kovalev at the beginning of the year, he was MTL's best skater through the first eight games IMO. I think he only got 3 or 4 games on the 2nd line before being demoted again to about 5-7 minutes a game... totally destroyed the kid's confidence. Obviously, Perez has to learn not to overcome obstacles like that, but why mess with a good thing? That Koivu/Kovalev/Perezhogin line was killer to start the year.

I have a feeling we'll see Perezhogin break out in a big way next year.

I also think that's a good possibility. What's encouraging in his case, at least in my opinion, is that he's not playing badly like Hossa was. He generates a few scoring opportunities, and he comes close to scoring at least once or twice every game. He just needs to adapt his game some more, and find a way to convert more of these opportunites into goals.

Kovy and Ribs need a shooter. A guy who either is wound up waiting for the pass or is screening the goalie for Kovy.

The sad part is that Dags kind of fits that description. Higgens could also do it quite well. Zednik should be able to do it, but he seems to prefer rushing and going around the net.

So many times I have seen Ribs and Kovy look up for that guy parked in the high slot ready to shoot, and the guy just is not there....

Well, one big problem with Dagenais is that he's never in the right place; the guy just doesn't have much hockey sense.

One of the beauty of hockey is its complexity,.....so many things matter...and chief among them

lines and linesmates. Even the most complete offensive players like Jagr doesn't escape this fact

......his production remain relative to the suitability of his linemates surrounding him.......this

dependency on the '' whole '' should always restrain our critisisms of the '' parts '' as their merits is

always intricately related to the '' whole ''. The present complementarity found in Koivu's line is making

each of thoses players look better than they did most time earlier this season,....their respective

weaknesses is over-matched by the success of their union.

Kovalev has all the vision and passing skills that Ribeiro has and even better puck control but unlike Ribeiro

he can also be a great finnisher-snyper,.....which he relinquishes to be if he is not in the play-off.

If the arrival of Perezhogin can stimulate the snyper part of Kovalev to prevail a little more

over his other skills during this last segment of our season.......it will confort our knowlege in remembering

that we do have a '' game braker '' in our Club as we enter the play-offs.

I agree that Kovalev and Ribs need a shooter. However that is not Higgens. Higgins is actually quite like Koivu in terms of his strengths. They are both good passers, with okay shots and both are good at controlling the puck and at digging it out of the corners.

I think Ryder should be good with Ribs and Kovy but Ribs and Ryder have never seemed to click. Zednik is not a shooter. Dags is but his other weaknesses are too great. I would also like to see someone with some defensive skill on the 2nd line since both Ribs and Kovalev turn the puck over a little too often.

Its great that the CH managed a win in Ottawa tonight,...8th in a row..a first since 1992....a nice way

to ultimately settle any doubts regarding our play-off participation this year.

Abiesher in goal tonight was a good decision by Gainey.....but Murray on the second line is innapropriate and the third line was also weaker without him......its all negative as far as I am conscerned.

Kovalev and Ribeiro played a great match regardless, ( Ribeiro was assigned the first star by RDS while

Kovalev collected the first star from the Ottawa in-house's selection ) but I wish Perezhogin would be givin a

proper chance to play on the second. I thought it had been obvious that Murray didn't work out on the

second line the match before, ( Boston ).

Its great that the CH managed a win in Ottawa tonight,...8th in a row..a first since 1992....a nice way

to ultimately settle any doubts regarding our play-off participation this year.

Abiesher in goal tonight was a good decision by Gainey.....but Murray on the second line is innapropriate and the third line was also weaker without him......its all negative as far as I am conscerned.

Kovalev and Ribeiro played a great match regardless, ( Ribeiro was assigned the first star by RDS while

Kovalev collected the first star from the Ottawa in-house's selection ) but I wish Perezhogin would be givin a

proper chance to play on the second. I thought it had been obvious that Murray didn't work out on the

second line the match before, ( Boston ).

Murray got promoted because he was working so hard. He's not the type of player that is going to adjust quickly being thrown onto the second line. He's probably thinking, what the f#&^K am I doing here. He will need more time to adjust.

Gainey see's a quality in him that he feels given the chance might turn him into a strong goal scorer. Thankfully Gainey has the patience to see it through, and not give up after one shit like Julien did so many times. We all wish for immediate results, but for some it takes longer.

It may not be as negative as you think. Come play-off time we'll have a better idea.

I'm all for Murray getting more ice time ... it can only be good for the team! but Like I said his time is shared space time Half of the time Bulis was on with Kovy and Ribs!