Huge Campbell Hit

dark_faerie87

I hope Umberger is OK. Yeah, not like Jagr, He's gone for a while but big deal, it's his shoulder. If you're a Buffalo fan, there's nothing wrong with saying "Unbergers gone, hahaha"

But, you hope he's gone for the round due to a shoulder or groin or whatever. Not a concussion.

Hit of the year so far IMO

Initial reports are that Umberger is out for the playoffs with a concussion, or concussion-like symptoms.

This could get really ugly when it gets back to Philly. They replayed the hit on the scoreboard, apparently at least twice, once during the intermission. Really classy move.

Yeah, TSN ripped Buffalo to shreds for replaying that. Nice, solid hit but I felt bad once I saw the look on his face. You could tell he was having trouble breathing. I picked Buffalo to win but now I want Philly to win just because they decided to keep showing that hit.

Esche played really well too which I think shocked everyone.

You might not want to do that to Mike Rathje, Derian Hatcher and especially Denis Gauthier's teammate. THis could turn into a blood bath which will favour Philly.

Found a link for those who didn't see it:

http://hfhelper05.hockeyfights.com/cf1583/...ks_umberger.wmv

it says it'sd a 404 error

and I hoppe the Flyers player will be okay!

You might not want to do that to Mike Rathje, Derian Hatcher and especially Denis Gauthier's teammate. THis could turn into a blood bath which will favour Philly.

Among others, Brashear, Pitkanen, Stevenson..... all I can say about the hit was that it was clean... the replays werent.

:hlogo:

Aye, it's a pity about showing it on the jumbotron, but what's done is done. I have a feeling this is going to be a good series to watch, with lots of hitting and high emotion. Peters might even get a cameo.

Aye, it's a pity about showing it on the jumbotron, but what's done is done. I have a feeling this is going to be a good series to watch, with lots of hitting and high emotion. Peters might even get a cameo.

Yeah, but to protect his teammates in game 2 hes gunna have to bring a baseball bat instead of a golf club.

Great hit, stupid to show the re play on the jumbo tron!

However if this series turns into a bloodbath it will not benifit either team as both will be very tired for round 2.

The guy who made the pass to Umberger is partialy to blame. Its not called a suicide pass for nothing.

Yep, that was one ugly pass from Dimitrakos.

from Urban Dictionary:

1. suicide pass

Noun/Verb, pertaining to ice hockey.

The dumbass gave me a suicide pass, and I got hit so hard my head touched my toes.

This screws Buffalo really bad. Yes the hit was clean but the jumbotron stuff wasn't. The Flyers will show it, talk about it, rage about it and they will do something about it.

Philly can play rougher than most teams and certainly much rougher than Buffalo. This will change the entire flow of that series from a skill game to a fight.

Sabres just woke a sleeping giant.

Yep, that was one ugly pass from Dimitrakos.

from Urban Dictionary:

1. suicide pass

Noun/Verb, pertaining to ice hockey.

The dumbass gave me a suicide pass, and I got hit so hard my head touched my toes.

LOL nice definition.

I remember a similar hit loooong ago on Luc Robitaille. He got a suicide pass at center ice with someone coming full speed right behind him. As soon as the puck was on Robitaille's stick, he turned around and got hit so hard his stick flew like 10 feet in the air.

This screws Buffalo really bad. Yes the hit was clean but the jumbotron stuff wasn't. The Flyers will show it, talk about it, rage about it and they will do something about it.

Philly can play rougher than most teams and certainly much rougher than Buffalo. This will change the entire flow of that series from a skill game to a fight.

Sabres just woke a sleeping giant.

I'm not so sure. If Philly tries to turn this series into a brawl I think the refs will punish them and Buffalo's powerplay, although it was impotent tonight, would bury the Flyers.

Yeah, but to protect his teammates in game 2 hes gunna have to bring a baseball bat instead of a golf club.

Heheh, golf clubs are only handy against Toronto :D

Edited by dark_faerie87