Cheer For Ottawa....

bigystyle

If Montreal wins the series, they will play Ottawa if they win their series. Montreal will play Buffalo (OR NJ if Philly wins their series) if Tampa wins...

Those are the three most likely teams we will be playing...I think I'd want to play Ottawa the most. Buffalo and NJ kinda scare me

I don't know. Ottawa isn't looking to great against Tampa right now. Unless Alfredson, Heatley and Spezza show some guts, its looks like Buffalo. Which would be a fun series. Hopefully Philly beats them up a little.

But before we get too far, lets hope Montreal racks up two more victories against Carolina

If Montreal wins the series, they will play Ottawa if they win their series. Montreal will play Buffalo (OR NJ if Philly wins their series) if Tampa wins...

Those are the three most likely teams we will be playing...I think I'd want to play Ottawa the most. Buffalo and NJ kinda scare me

in all seriousness

there are still 2 more wins needed before we can even think about the next round. being up 2-0 still isnt comfortable

in all seriousness

there are still 2 more wins needed before we can even think about the next round. being up 2-0 still isnt comfortable

Yeah I'm not a superstitious person. I don't mind taking about what may come after this series because I know it won't affect what happens on the ice. If they lose, they will lose because they played bad and win if they play good. Unless I'm in the game and I can cheer which helps the habs, I know it doesn't matter what I do, it won't affect them. That being said, I believe the Canadiens will win this series and then lose to a stingy buffalo or new jersey team cause Ottawa is gonna lose the first round.

I'm not afraid of Buffalo...we're a lot quicker than the Flyers...Philly's plodding nature is what's getting them killed thus far.

NJ is a tough opponent...BUT...I think that we can take them. Remember, we pretty much owned them for 2 out of 3 periods the last time we played. With a 60 minute effort rather than 40, that game would have been a decisive win rather than a tragic defeat.

Ottawa, playing the way they are now, seem like a desireable opponent. But dont' forget the explosive team that you saw in the third period of game 1 in that series. They are capable of playing like that for 3 periods when they bring their 'A' game, and when they bring their 'A' game, I don't think there's a team in the league that can take them in a 7 game series.

Ottawa is too good and too deep to lose to a weak Tampa Bay team... just wait until the sleeping giant wakes up. You don't wanna be playing them.

Is this the same deep team that choked against the Leafs 2 or 3 times? That sleeping Giant has been asleep for a number of years, and they are playing the former Stanley Cup Champions.

I'm more afraid of the team that demolishes Philly and makes Peter Forsberg look like Little Lord Fauntleroy

Me too - Buffalo scares the shit out of me, and is the real dark horse to escape the Conference. I question whether our D (especially Souray) can handle all that speed. We can play with them, but they'd have the edge in terms of talent and speed.

No one in their right minds wants to play Jersey, either. Philly, sure!

Either Ottawa or Tampa Bay would be tough but beatable opponents. I'd fear Tampa a lot more if they actually do beat Ottawa - because that would mean that Graeme is in the zone, and that the whole TB machine is somehow managing to rev itself up for another run. That's a team that will get progressively more dangerous the deeper they go. You have to respect Ottawa's talent, but they're carrying a 1000-lb Failure Monkey on their backs and Ray Emery is unlikely to be confused with Jacques Plante. If Hasek returns, wellllll........ :huh:

Me too - Buffalo scares the shit out of me, and is the real dark horse to escape the Conference. I question whether our D (especially Souray) can handle all that speed. We can play with them, but they'd have the edge in terms of talent and speed.

No one in their right minds wants to play Jersey, either. Philly, sure!

Either Ottawa or Tampa Bay would be tough but beatable opponents. I'd fear Tampa a lot more if they actually do beat Ottawa - because that would mean that Graeme is in the zone, and that the whole TB machine is somehow managing to rev itself up for another run. That's a team that will get progressively more dangerous the deeper they go. You have to respect Ottawa's talent, but they're carrying a 1000-lb Failure Monkey on their backs and Ray Emery is unlikely to be confused with Jacques Plante. If Hasek returns, wellllll........ :huh:

Well said.

And Hasek isn't coming back. This guy feels he is a Ferrari, and if he's not exactly 100% he isn't playing. Most guys would play at 60% for a playoff game, this guy wouldn't play if he was 98% healthy. That was the knock on him in Buffalo and Detroit as well

This guy will not be back in the NHL next year. He reputation is ruined. Nobody will want him.

If Ottawa wins that series it will make them a much scarier team, because they will have to play amazing to beat Tampa.

I think Tampa may shell Emery tonight!

I'm expecting a 6-5, 5-4 or so game. I think both teams are going to turn it up and the goalies are going to be in for a long night. If not then, one team will definitley blow out the other. I hope its Ottawa trouncing Tampa

Nope. There is no senario where we end up playing New Jersey in the 2nd round, which makes me very happy.

If Ottawa wins we play them.

If Ottawa loses to TB then TB plays NJ unless NJ is eliminated by the Rangers (which won't happen). If it did we would play the Rangers (which would be great).

It is looking pretty certain that if we beat the Canes we will play either Ottawa or Buffalo. I think we should cheer for Ottawa cause I think Buffalo's a tougher opponent. Also I don't think TB can beat NJ but Buffalo might do it. I don't want to play NJ if we can help it.

SORRY but i WONT cheer for ottawa AT ALL!!! i really want tampa to win this series coz ottawa is like soooo arrogant~ they r thinking that they r the best and an unbeatable team~ that they deserve to win~ pfffffffffffff

and of course, the main reason is that i ALSO want them not being able to pass the FIRST round ONCE again haha

i rather see tampa win and face the devils and habs against buffalo : REVENGE TIME!!!

As a habs fan I dont want buffalo......

No competition they can destroy us in 4 or 5

and as ive mentionned since january buffalo will win it this year....all of it. (waits for people to copy this line and quote it in their post)

Give me ottawa our chances are far better there...

Edited by geolink

ummm.. who knows? MAYBE flyers could win their series against buffalo? ***dreamiiiing*****

ok~ gimme ottawa so we can KICK THEIR A$$ :)

Well said.

And Hasek isn't coming back. This guy feels he is a Ferrari, and if he's not exactly 100% he isn't playing. Most guys would play at 60% for a playoff game, this guy wouldn't play if he was 98% healthy. That was the knock on him in Buffalo and Detroit as well

This guy will not be back in the NHL next year. He reputation is ruined. Nobody will want him.

You forgot about Toronto... :D

as stated earlier, we still need two more wins to get - will NOT be easy.

after that, we'll take what we get - be it buffalo, new jersey, philadelphia, new york rangers or ottawa we'll have to go with it.

none of these will be easy.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Yup i agree completely no team in the NHL playoffs is predictable, so the habs better be careful and yeah first let's see if the Canadiens make it out alive from the first round against the Canes.

take it easy

Yup i agree completely no team in the NHL playoffs is predictable, so the habs better be careful and yeah first let's see if the Canadiens make it out alive from the first round against the Canes.

take it easy

Yes, I agree the Habs need to stay concentrated on beating Carolina. However, those here at HabsWorld who are not Canadiens players should feel free to speculate on who will win the other series and which team whould be the best for the Habs to play if they get to the next round. Especially on a night when the Habs aren't playing. :)

Any person who thinks Ottawa is a good or easy opponent is a fool! Sorry if that's deemed an insult to anyone but it's true. Tampa Bay is breakfast to them... as shown last night... 8-4, no contest! I'm shocked it'll last 5 games.

Any person who thinks Ottawa is a good or easy opponent is a fool! Sorry if that's deemed an insult to anyone but it's true. Tampa Bay is breakfast to them... as shown last night... 8-4, no contest! I'm shocked it'll last 5 games.

Well apparently you haven't witnessed there last several playoff series, so you be the fool....fool. Sorry, didn't mean to insult you either.

I expect that series to go in 7. TB will not just roll over and die. I expect Ottawa to go back to their old ways, which is to complicate their lives in the playoffs.

Anyways, if Ottawa wins that series, I want it to be rough and tough and to go in 7 so that we will face a tired Ottawa team in the 2nd round.

and as ive mentionned since january buffalo will win it this year....all of it. (waits for people to copy this line and quote it in their post)

I'll do it since you asked for it.

I hope to God Buffalo doesn't win it. I'm going to be in Buffalo starting Saturday night, and I'm rooting for Ottawa (if we beat Carolina) just so I don't need to deal with Buffalo fans. My dad went to Monday's game (8-2) and I remember a while ago (I think it was '99, when Buffalo made it to the Cup) when we were we swept by Buffalo (and when I write Buffalo I mean Hasek) I went to Game One, and when the Sabres won in OT the fans acted like the just won the Cup.

Buffalo fans are obnoxious, and I'm sick of getting heckled when I wear my Beliveau jersey around town. (They don't even know who he is AND can't pronounce his name...) They don't deserve to win the Cup.

Sorry about that rant, BUT with that being said I have a hunch that whoever suvives the West is going to win it. It's a strong conference, especially the hot lower ranked teams (San Jose, Colorado, and Edmonton)