Players Who Have Kicked It Into High Gear:

sbhatt

There are a few Habs who have raised their level of play significantly since the playoffs started. Most notable IMO are:

Perezhogin

Zednik

Plekanec

These guys have had some great sequences cycling in the offensive zone...very strong on the puck. It's great to see Zed starting to play like we know he can play...now if he'd just crash the net with reckless abandon more often, we'll really be rocking and rolling with this line.

Hopefully our captain follows their example soon....at that point, I'll really like our chances at a DEEP run into these playoffs.

P.S. I didn't name Kovalev, because he always looks good out there.

i dont know if kovalev ALWAYS looks good.

Honourable mention for sundstrom and boullion

I'd say Kovelov stands out on most shifts. I can't count the times last night when I said to just put Kovelov on.

Even the line doesn't get a shot, or a goal, they either gain the momentum of the game or they slow down Carolina's momentum.

I would say Kovalev kicked it up a notch about a month ago about the time of the back to back Leaf games in Montreal. MIght even have been a bit before that, but it would see that incident with Tucker lit a fire under him. He's playing aggressively, and offensively has turned it up a notch. Montreal is in serious contention if he continues his great play and Monteal can roll two and sometimes 3 excellent offensive lines. Bulis and Zednik both look very good as well.

Huet needs to rebound after giving up 5 goals. Not saying they were his fault but he let in a softie or two and that Stillman goal, he looked bad on.

I want to see that Plekanec Perezhogin Zednik line get some power play time!

Perezhogin has looked incredible.

But by far Kovalev has been the best player on the ice the entire series!

I agree that most have stepped up.

As for Ribs, I am real pleased with him. What I like is that he is shooting and trying to score, even if he has been snake bit. For much of these season he always looked to pass, making him easier to shutdown. This gives Kovalev more room since the line is less predictable. If he keeps it up, he is going to pot a few as well. I also like that he is in front of the net on just about every goal that line gets (or so it seems).

I think Souray is rounding into form offensively as well, although we will see how he feels today....

Your right SBHATT,

Perezhogin, Plekanec, Zednick

The transfiguration of our team,..in a nutshell.

Playoffs mode has revitalised each and every players on the team and as it happens it has given

this team something that it had been deprived of all year long : a third line that can do dammages and scores.

I became instant believer that the CH could upset Carolina upon seing that third line going in the first game.

All players have really risen to the occasion thus far,....at time, I could hardly recognised some

of our players....so much gritt, so much determination.....Begin's absence can hardly be noticed.

This hight octane version of our team has gained some extra scoring depth in the process while Huet

is looking good in the net.......if Koivu give us some more of the playoff excellence he is renowned for....

the best hockey we have seen this year will go on for a little while longer.

What about Bonk?

He is the player who has impressed me most.

:hlogo:

With out a doubt AccuHab

Bonk is flying out there and on both of his goals has been extremely patient with the puck, look back at my posts this year I was saying I think he could be a playoff player. He did struggle offensively during the regular season but if he can stay anywhere near this pace he can be a crucial element to the Habs playoff run.

Also he is diving in front of pucks and is just a plow horse on the PK.

Don't forget Bonk who's normally fantastic defensively but now is fantastic both ways. This guy gets bashed way too much.

Bonk has definitely been the player to look at....I am simply blown away with the way hes playing

But in order to keep winning koivu has to provide Just a tad more not much but a little.

Agreed!

How glad am I that we've got so many Habs kicking it up?!

:hlogo:

I didn't mention Bonk because he has been so solid defensively for most of the season. He's upped his offense, but he has always been a big contributor with his work on the PK.

I would say Kovalev kicked it up a notch about a month ago about the time of the back to back Leaf games in Montreal. MIght even have been a bit before that, but it would see that incident with Tucker lit a fire under him. He's playing aggressively, and offensively has turned it up a notch. Montreal is in serious contention if he continues his great play and Monteal can roll two and sometimes 3 excellent offensive lines. Bulis and Zednik both look very good as well.

Huet needs to rebound after giving up 5 goals. Not saying they were his fault but he let in a softie or two and that Stillman goal, he looked bad on.

Huet needs also to control his rebounds better than he did last game. It was pretty scary sometimes.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Yeah, there's not one habs on that ice slacking off and it looks like all of them have woken up and are thinking ahead, instead of looking back at these little Hurricanes on the ice..

Edited by blaze53

all the players have raised their level of play.

I just wish that markov can bring it up a little more..sky's the limit for markov

we need him on PP. but what a pair he does with komisarek. :clap:

I'm more impressed by our 3rd line than anything else..these guys will steal us a game in these playoffs...as long as they stay out of the box.

I also like to raise my hat to michael ryder for clutch scoring and to mike ribeiro for being on the verge of bursting out and play a 4pt game... these two guys where basically no-shows two years ago and now they are liabilities.

:ghg:

all the players have raised their level of play.

I just wish that markov can bring it up a little more..sky's the limit for markov

we need him on PP. but what a pair he does with komisarek. :clap:

I'm more impressed by our 3rd line than anything else..these guys will steal us a game in these playoffs...as long as they stay out of the box.

I also like to raise my hat to michael ryder for clutch scoring and to mike ribeiro for being on the verge of bursting out and play a 4pt game... these two guys where basically no-shows two years ago and now they are liabilities.

:ghg:

I fully agree. It's nice to watch.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

From no-shows to liabilities - much better!

You meant assets, I think. Or shareholder's equity... but probably assets.

:)

Now I hope that the Higgins-Koivu-Ryder line will create more scoring opportunities and kick it up a notch tonight.

Not that they have been playing bad, but it's the only line that can still kick up a notch. All other 3 lines are playing full speed.

The one I'm most impressed with is Ribs. It's as if he got a shot of rabbies or something...I've never seen I'm play with such intensity.

Most of the guys kicked it in high gear. As a matter of fact, few guys, if any, are slacking.

Ribs is the one that surprises me the most. He's playing with more poise than ever. Getting his nose in traffic, giving a second and third effort, harassing the opposition after the whistle. I dont know what happened to him lately, but he's looking intense out there.

But, its always easy to look good when things go your way and you're winning.

Now I hope that the Higgins-Koivu-Ryder line will create more scoring opportunities and kick it up a notch tonight.

Not that they have been playing bad, but it's the only line that can still kick up a notch. All other 3 lines are playing full speed.

The one I'm most impressed with is Ribs. It's as if he got a shot of rabbies or something...I've never seen I'm play with such intensity.

Nope, I'm pretty happy with the production of the Koivu, Ryder, Higgins line. They have like 8 or so points. Montreal needs more production from Souray and Markov. These guys need to step it up on the powerplay.

A goal or two from Plekanec, Ribeiro and Perezhogin wouldn't hurt either. But overall, I'm extrememly happy with everybody