Spector's Rumor - Aebischer To Tampa

Theberge43

Good analysis, but I don't agrre that Fedorov brings as much as Koivu. Captain K is superior, a future all famer doesn't mean that he's still good. Put Koivu on that line and he would do a much better job then Fedorov.

Just wanted to expand on the above post by KTC. Koivu and Fedorov are like night and day different. I would rather have Koivu right now as heart wins championships which Fedorov does not seem to show any longer. (Ask the Ducks) The Columbus GM was on the FAn590 today and talked about the Nash/Fedorov partnership. Before Fedorov, Nash was a minus -30 the year before. This year he was a plus +10 as Fedorov helped improve his offense and defensive responsibilities.

Apparently these guys click and work well together.

(I would love to see Nash in Montreal to prove Komisarek the Cruncher's theory). :hlogo:

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to expand on the above post by KTC. Koivu and Fedorov are like night and day different. I would rather have Koivu right now as heart wins championships which Fedorov does not seem to show any longer. (Ask the Ducks) The Columbus GM was on the FAn590 today and talked about the Nash/Fedorov partnership. Before Fedorov, Nash was a minus -30 the year before. This year he was a plus +10 as Fedorov helped improve his offense and defensive responsibilities.

Apparently these guys click and work well together.

(I would love to see Nash in Montreal to prove Komisarek the Cruncher's theory). :hlogo:

God I would love to prove my theory to :D Having Nash would be awesome.

Edited by Komisarek the Cruncher

There was a flash on RDS tonight that said that Tampa Bay and Montreal were ready to make an important announcement which involved a signifcant player. RDS even showed clips of Vincent Lecavalier (???) over the "report". While I don't expect it to necessarily be Lecavalier, St. Louis would be my bet, if it's true.

There was a flash on RDS tonight that said that Tampa Bay and Montreal were ready to make an important announcement which involved a signifcant player. RDS even showed clips of Vincent Lecavalier (???) over the "report". While I don't expect it to necessarily be Lecavalier, St. Louis would be my bet, if it's true.

Nothing on RDS' website.

:blink: if something happens.

Nothing on RDS' website.

:blink: if something happens.

Spector is reporting interesting news and thoughts, also that Montreal could be sending ABBY to Detroit....

THE LATEST CANADIENS NEWS.

RDS.CA: reported last night Minnesota Wild assistant coach Mario Tremblay is seeking a release from the club. The site suggests Tremblay would become the top candidate to become Canadiens head coach Guy Carbonneau's assistant. The site also cited a rumour in the Boston Globe claiming the Habs and Tampa Bay Lightning have been discussing an important deal over the past several days, leading the site to speculate the talks may have been over Vincent Lecavalier.

Spector's Note: My thanks to everyone who sent this in. Some may question Carbonneau bringing Tremblay back to Montreal considering the latter's role in driving Patrick Roy out of Montreal ten years ago, but Tremblay has matured since then and learned a lot working for Jacques Lemaire, which would make him a help, not a hindrence, to Carbonneau. As for the trade rumour, I couldn't find it on the on-line version of the Globe, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Bolts were interested in goalie David Aebischer. What would surprise me is if Lecavalier were in the mix, considering Bolts GM Jay Feaster said he didn't want to be known as the man who traded away Lecavalier. If the Bolts were interested in "Abby", the return would likely be either forward Ruslan Fedotenko or defenceman Darryl Sydor.

MALKIN COULD JOIN PENGUINS SOON.

from spectors today.

SPECTOR'S MAILBAG.

Thanks to "Dominic" for the following: "From Mix 99.7 Radio Station

The rumors between the Habs and the Bolts look now like that. The Habs are seeking for Vinny Lecavalier and they look to send in Tampa David Aebisher and the 1st Round Draft pick of this year.

The Bolts want to give Montreal the small winger Martin St. Louis for David Aebisher and a draft pick (it wasn't mentionned).

An other rumors also begin this week. The Canuck are looking to keep Ed

Jovanovski and Todd Bertuzzi could be on the move due to his contract.

Gainey who tried to get Bertuzzi before the trade deadline could come with an offer to Vancouver. The Nuck ask for Souray and Zednik and the Habs are looking to deal Zednik and Ryder."

A rumour is a rumour because it's speculative.

Of course Bob Gainey will try to get Vincent Lecavalier. I would be angry if he didn't.

The price is the issue here and it's just to read the thread all over again to understand the complicity.

If bob can get either st. louis or lecavlier, our team will improve greatly. vinny brings great skill, has playoff experience and having him and kovy playing together will ignite them both. if we get st. louis, he will fit well with our team because of his great speed, and his penalty killing would be an asset because he has scored a number of short handed goals in his career. i will be happy if we can get one of those two players.

If bob can get either st. louis or lecavlier, our team will improve greatly. vinny brings great skill, has playoff experience and having him and kovy playing together will ignite them both. if we get st. louis, he will fit well with our team because of his great speed, and his penalty killing would be an asset because he has scored a number of short handed goals in his career. i will be happy if we can get one of those two players.

I disagree. I don't think bringing in St. Louis would help. The last thing this team needs is another right or left winger. With Zednik, Perezhogin, Kostitsyn, Ryder, Higgins, Kovalev, Murray this team has enough forwards. Unless of course St. Louis is brought in and a forward or two shipped out.

A center is what this team needs.

I'd love St. Louis if he was a left wing. Now he's not and Im not sure if he could play on the other wing.

Ryder and Kovalev won't swicth. Kovalev because of his persona and Ryder because of his handness.

But I do think the Habs could use another left winger as I think Zednik is a second liner at best.

I knwo that u guys are worried about aquiring a centerman, but say if bob did get st. louis why not just move higgins to center. line could be:

Perez Koivu Ryder

St. Louis Higgins Kovalev

2 very strong lines, and dont forget center was higgins natural position. thats why i dont think its such a big deal if bob gets a winger rather than a centerman.

I knwo that u guys are worried about aquiring a centerman, but say if bob did get st. louis why not just move higgins to center. line could be:

Perez Koivu Ryder

St. Louis Higgins Kovalev

2 very strong lines, and dont forget center was higgins natural position. thats why i dont think its such a big deal if bob gets a winger rather than a centerman.

Higgins was moved to the wing from Center because Gainey figured he couldn't be a centreman at the NHL level.

Who ever said anything about St. Louis moving to left wing. I simply said that Montreal does not need another winger (St. Louis/Bertuzzi etc), unless a couple of the current ones are moved? There is a logjam at the winger position's currently. Perezhogin and Kostitsyn need time on the top lines to develop. I seriously hope they don't get stuck with 3rd and 4th line minutes this year.

A centreman is most beneficial to this club.

All we've done over the past few years is figure out that our team is too small up front. Even with the new NHL, we still need some size. In my opinion I would not want to be saddled with St.Louis monster deal for a guy his size, regardless of how good some think he is.

I'd much rather get one Bertuzzi, Lecavalier or Arnott. I'd prefer a Center too, but I'd take bertuzzi over St. Louis, for the size factor plus he makes less money.

All we've done over the past few years is figure out that our team is too small up front. Even with the new NHL, we still need some size. In my opinion I would not want to be saddled with St.Louis monster deal for a guy his size, regardless of how good some think he is.

I'd much rather get one Bertuzzi, Lecavalier or Arnott. I'd prefer a Center too, but I'd take bertuzzi over St. Louis, for the size factor plus he makes less money.

I think you and I are probably the only ones that like Bertuzzi. I thought he should have been drummed out of the league, however the league delt with his crime and life moves on. Bertuzzi needs to be on a team that can install work ethic and help him regain confidence. From what I saw this year, the Habs can use a power forward like him to get to the net.

I know many here hate the Bert, but I do like his game when he goes to the net.

I think you and I are probably the only ones that like Bertuzzi. I thought he should have been drummed out of the league, however the league delt with his crime and life moves on. Bertuzzi needs to be on a team that can install work ethic and help him regain confidence. From what I saw this year, the Habs can use a power forward like him to get to the net.

I know many here hate the Bert, but I do like his game when he goes to the net.

I love Bertuzzi and wish he would end up wearing a Habs jersey. So now there are 3 of us who want Bertuzzi. He needs a change and Carbo will steer him in the right direction. Bertuzzi can be a strong force when playing like he can and still has time to turn it around. Much like Heatley Todd needs a change. He's what the Habs have been missing for years. If the right deal came along I would go for it despite his salary and locker room antics.

I love Bertuzzi and wish he would end up wearing a Habs jersey. So now there are 3 of us who want Bertuzzi. He needs a change and Carbo will steer him in the right direction. Bertuzzi can be a strong force when playing like he can and still has time to turn it around. Much like Heatley Todd needs a change. He's what the Habs have been missing for years. If the right deal came along I would go for it despite his salary and locker room antics.

Bertuzzi? No thanks - :nono: too much baggage. Is this guy a good team player? Is he a influence in the dressing room?

Nope... no thanks. :nono: :nono: :nono:

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Bertuzzi? No thanks - :nono: too much baggage. Is this guy a good team player? Is he a influence in the dressing room?

Nope... no thanks. :nono: :nono: :nono:

:king: :hlogo: :king:

I'm with you on this one. We got rid of Theo, don't need another over-priced problem who brings more distraction then anything else to a team.

Besides, CENTER guys, CENTER is what we need, not a winger. Latendresse will be our power forward soon.

Edited by Komisarek the Cruncher

I'm with Shortcat and Komisarek the Cruncher. Now way do I want Todd Bertuzzi on this team. There are enough problems in Montreal without bringing in a Malcontent who is a poor sport and cares about nothing but himself. I hope Moore sues him for everything he has.

Who ever said anything about St. Louis moving to left wing. I simply said that Montreal does not need another winger (St. Louis/Bertuzzi etc), unless a couple of the current ones are moved?

Why do you think that this was adresses to you? There's others opninion in this thread as well.

The answer to you question is: habrock 6 was the one that suggested St. Louis on the left wing on the second line.

Bertuzzi is still taking a bad rap for a mistake he made how long ago? Come on people, if we treated Perezhogin like that for his mistake he would be a malcontent aswell. Get over it, then maybe he can. Man, if he had killed the guy and been charged with manslaughter he would be up for probation soon. I believe that in a new environment he will return to top form, which if you all forget made him one of the most dangerous forewards in the league. He will have a Heatley style comeback for what ever team gets him. I would prefer he did that for us over say Buffalo. I agree Latendresse is the future power forward of our beloved habs, but that is still a season or two away. Until then I would happily have a power forward of Bertuzzi's caliper on our top line. We need goal production and he will deliver. However, if we stay with our current roster and add Kubina on defence I would be fine with that, giving our youth a chance. Question though. How many of us will be willing to wait another season to be a real contender?

Just as a postnote. What did Bertuzzi really do? First I want to point out the fact that his whole team had a bounty on Moore. Every player was gunning for him and anyone of them could have done the damage. Yes it was a really stupid way to take him out but I think there was a TEAM frame of mind that caused the incident and Bertuzzi took the whole fall long term. No doubt he feels out of place in the lockerroom with teammates that hung him out like this. He was standing up for the star of the team who was hit and injured with a dirty shot. Man, how sweet it would have been to have someone like this in game 3 to retaliate when Saku was mauled and fire the team back up. We are lacking in this area. If you want a power foreward, he is the best available. How many of you would have taken him before his one mistake? My guess is 100%. Forgive him and let's hope we are the team that is lucky enough to get him. If another east team, say Pittsburg gets him, Malkan Crosby Bertuzzi, dang we would have to worry about them for that 8th spot aswell.

Edited by johnnyhasbeen