First Big Off Season Trade

Habsterr

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Well, (sigh).

I know the flames v. canucks rivalry is pretty heated. Vancouverites seem to dispise Calgary. They've got some rivalry going on for some reason. I think it has to do with politics.

It's got nothing to do with politics. They beat the Flames in 94, Flames beat them in 04. Outside of hockey, the cities don't really hate each other.

Everyone I know here actually hates the Canucks but absolutely adores the city.

Maybe Pronger will approve a trade to Vancouver?

(geez that was very canuckish of me maybe I'm becoming a canucklehead? I still call them the cannots though)

:?- :?- :?- :?- :?- :?- :?-

Why would Edmonton trade him to a division rival? I can almost guarantee that he'll be sent East, although if a non-North-West team makes a good offer, he could end up staying here.

Hah, thats funny because they are usually (the trolls anyway) bitching about the price of living in Vancouver and how its boring that they have made Calgary sound like the promise land. (I think those people are conservatives angry that they live in a liberal town, imo) But in reality Calgary isn't that much cheaper.

Jovonaoski probably wont be back still, I wouldnt be surprised to see him in FLA>

Maybe than can trade him for LeClavicle...

<_<

12 girls for 1 guy. Gotta love that kinda city!

Think that now BG can peddle Aebischer to Florida for their 10th overall pick in this draft?

Then trade both the 10th and the 16th for an even higher pick (like 6th or something).

:D

I can't see Aebischer being worth the 10th overall pick. Maybe if we packaged him up with some other players?

Hah, thats funny because they are usually (the trolls anyway) bitching about the price of living in Vancouver and how its boring that they have made Calgary sound like the promise land. (I think those people are conservatives angry that they live in a liberal town, imo) But in reality Calgary isn't that much cheaper.

Whos the liberal town? Calgary?

Really?

You're right though, prices for housing are insane right now but it's good if you own a place. The cheapest apartments I've seen right now though are in the 600-700/month range. If they were 400-500, I would've moved out a while ago.

I know most people here will argue though but Calgary IS the best damn place to live.

It's got nothing to do with politics. They beat the Flames in 94, Flames beat them in 04. Outside of hockey, the cities don't really hate each other.

every time those two teams met in the first round of the playoffs, the winner has gone on to the finals

the ones i can remember off the top of my head are 89, 94 and 04, but i think there is one more...82?

Ok i have this to say.

OMG THAT WAS A BAD TRADE FOR FLORIDA!!!!

I understand that they couldnt sign him to long term, but the reason why is because luongo wanted a no trade clause and they couldn't have been done since hes a RFA. And kean being an idiot didnt use his head and do a special contract.

What i would have done is Sign him for this year to X amount and at the end of it state that he is to sign a X year deal For the next X season at X amount and it would have been set , oh and add a no trade clause.

Florida won and lost, they do not have a starting goaltender. Auld is not a starting goaltender he is one of those goalies that are good for injuries, you cant rest your hole team success on him. That stund in vancouver i dont think he can do that again; if he does then good for him.

Wow im so angry.

Ok Florida gets a killer up front ( litteraly ) and will make jokinen more of a god, but what about the other 3 lines.....if Mike doesn't get busy in the off-seaon with UFA and take an excellet prospect this trade can bite him in the ass.

Oh and Luongo never wanted to leave don't remember if i stated that before i just got back from work, but yea...he gave then his word he would re-sign next year with a no trade clause and kean is a moron i officialy hate florida even more then i did now.

On the good side mtl might get Aebischer out faster for something better :king:

This is great news!

Not because it's great for either team. No! This is good news for Habs fans!

Finally! This should quell any "Bertuzzi to Montreal for *insert severe overpayment/underpayment/anything with Ribiero/Souray/Aebischer" rumours for some time!

This is great news!

Not because it's great for either team. No! This is good news for Habs fans!

Finally! This should quell any "Bertuzzi to Montreal for *insert severe overpayment/underpayment/anything with Ribiero/Souray/Aebischer" rumours for some time!

Heheh, I know! Hopefully the Luongo rumours as well, providing he signs a long-term deal.

Ok i have this to say.

OMG THAT WAS A BAD TRADE FOR FLORIDA!!!!

I understand that they couldnt sign him to long term, but the reason why is because luongo wanted a no trade clause and they couldn't have been done since hes a RFA. And kean being an idiot didnt use his head and do a special contract.

What i would have done is Sign him for this year to X amount and at the end of it state that he is to sign a X year deal For the next X season at X amount and it would have been set , oh and add a no trade clause.

Florida won and lost, they do not have a starting goaltender. Auld is not a starting goaltender he is one of those goalies that are good for injuries, you cant rest your hole team success on him. That stund in vancouver i dont think he can do that again; if he does then good for him.

Wow im so angry.

Ok Florida gets a killer up front ( litteraly ) and will make jokinen more of a god, but what about the other 3 lines.....if Mike doesn't get busy in the off-seaon with UFA and take an excellet prospect this trade can bite him in the ass.

Oh and Luongo never wanted to leave don't remember if i stated that before i just got back from work, but yea...he gave then his word he would re-sign next year with a no trade clause and kean is a moron i officialy hate florida even more then i did now.

On the good side mtl might get Aebischer out faster for something better :king:

You couldn't be more wrong.... Auld IS a starting goalie. This is a guy who came prepared to be a backup for the season and early on suddenly finds himself as the starter. With Crawford as coach and the fact he actually likes Auld(he's thrown guys like Hedberg and co out), Auld was made to start pretty much every game for the rest of the season. He played somewhere from around 62 of 67 games and stood on his head countless times keeping us in games and making game saving ones.

Our team was horrible last year in the fact of injuries and inconsistent play, but it was Auld who gave us the chance to make the playoffs. That's a lot of pressure to step in and play as much as he did and VERY rarely be given a break. Our defense and backchecking was horrid and he was without a doubt the season MVP here.

In the end, both teams got pieces which improve their clubs. Florida adds a (Keenan type) hard hitting young d-man, a starting goaltender who can still win them games as well as a dominating power forward(easily the Canucks best player outside of Auld for the last quarter of the season). We finally get a franchise goalie and a young offensive d-man with potential. The 6th rounder can't hurt.

Also, for those wondering about Jovanovski...... I'm pretty sure he's done here and will sign in Florida(funny how this works out). Not worth the $$$ he's going to get.

Just a question:

Wasn't it Keenan who brought Allen to Vancouver as part of the Jovanovski deal?

Nope. Allen 4th overall in 1998. Our 1st rounder who Burke choose.

Nope. Allen 4th overall in 1998. Our 1st rounder who Burke choose.

Vancouver Canucks traded Pavel Bure, Bret Hedican and Brad Ference and a 3rd round selection (Robert Fried) in 2000 to the Florida Panthers for Dave Gagner, Ed Jovanovski, Mike Brown, Kevin Weekes and a 1st round selection (Nathan Smith) in 2000.

My bad, I thought the 1st rounder Vancouver got was used to pick Allen.

Wow, the Canucks GM is a genius.. He could have get Theodore for Bertuzzi in March. He sticked with Bertuzzi. His patience paid BIG TIME WOW.. Luongo!!! Nice job Nonis

Now to sign the guy... it's going to cost big time.

Really, I still wonder if this player is really worth the seven million dollars plus that he'e going to ask. He's good but that good? I don't know.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

The whole Luongo thing is finally over. I was getting sick of the soap opera that was Keenan and Luongo.

I think it was a fairly even trade overall but Vancouver has some real work to do to get some help up front and resign Jovanovski and Luongo to long term big $.

Not going to be easy.

If...and this is a big IF. The Canucks can re-sign Luongo to a long term contract; then it is a steal for the Canucks. If he walks in one year then they will be seriously lacking another goaltender. Short term, this is a great deal as both Bertuzzi and Allen had contracts running out next year.