Habs Sign Yann Danis

mathieu30

I don't see anyone but danis having an impact in the NHL but I'm glad they're all signed.

Danis should start the season in montreal unless BG has trouble trading aebischer

Wow, BG must've been on vacation or something. In the last week signed: Grabovsky, Milroy, Archer, Jancevski, Danis, Cote, Ferland, Aebischer, Komisarek, Higgins, Aubin, D'Agostini, traded Zednik, acquired Johnson, signed Samsanov.

Looks good to me. Personally I'd like to have Danis as Huet's backup, but I'm not sure Gainey will dump Aebischer right away.

If we only have Huet and Danis, and Huet gets hurt, then Who would be our back-up? Halak maybe? Still, that could be a terrible situation if Danis doesn't do well. This is just another reason that figures into my thinking that might see Gainey keep Aebischer around.

But like I said, I like Danis and I believe he could do very well in the NHL.

Dan Jancevski is from windsor, he works out at my gym all the time. He's a good guy, pretty decent size and frame. Nice addition to Hamilton and could be a decent reserve defenceman if injuries do occur on the blueline. He was drafted by Dallas when gainey was GM, so Gainey must see something in him.

Does Danis have to clear waivers to be demoted if he doesn't make the team?

Yes he does.

Which makes this whole situation worrisome.

I would think that Gainey is looking to trade Aebischer and probably a forward or two. I envision something similar to the Zednik deal where they dump them for draft picks, or maybe a mid level prospect.

Montreal has too many bodies at forward and goalie. Something has to give. And hopefully Danis isn't exposed to waivers cause he'd be GONE!!!!!!!!!

Personally, I think Gainey will keep Aby around for a while. What I expect to see though is Denis play several games in the NHL just so they can judge where he is at. If Denis puts up good numbers, then Aby will be moved before the trade deadline. However, if Denis doesnt, Aby will be kept around to backup Huet in the playoffs.

I doubt Bob will trade Aby if he only "thinks" Denis is ready. Bob will need absolute proof before he dumps Aby. But then again, if the right power foward is available, Bob probably would make a trade without Denis' proof.

Bob, give Keenan a call. The young quasi Gainey would be a kick ass habs. ;)

Edited by Sir_Boagalott

Looks good to me. Personally I'd like to have Danis as Huet's backup, but I'm not sure Gainey will dump Aebischer right away.

The Aebischer situation is going to be interesting. Danis will either be in Hamilton with Halak or the Habs will carry three goalies. I'm not so sure Aebischer will be traded before the season starts. Gainey might want to bide his time until a goalie for 1 of the other 29 teams implodes and they are desperate. Really desperate, like Atlanta was last year.

ADVANTAGE GAINEY!

ADVANTAGE HABS :hlogo:

It wouldn't surprise me if we have another platoon scenario going into the season. Legace is hanging around on the market. There's the Belfour holdup with Holland (what's up with that?). It might take longer to move Aebischer than we think because of the low returns. Maybe Aebischer is already huge stock. Do any of us know?

Price and Lacasse are both question marks right now. I'm not questioning ability here. I mean that we will only know when management and the coaching staff make the cut.

IMO: I see Price in junior again. Why rush him anyway? He's going to play in the WJC. Might as well let him hang around with the juniors anyway.

I figure Danis will get full time backup when the full market makes Aebischer a hot commodity. Whenever that is.

Besides, Huet has competition. That's fantastic. As much as we all love Huet we have to remember that Huet must prove himself yet again.

Why not a platoon? Not for too long but the glass is half full.

i wouldnt mind aebischer sticking around for a while. I see no particular hurry to trade him. He's not hurting the team.

Some team's first goalie is gonna suck or get a bad injury, then you ransom off aebischer.

Also, having Danis play every game in Hamilton isnt the worst thing in the world.

And hopefully Danis isn't exposed to waivers cause he'd be GONE!!!!!!!!!

I'd be very worried but there are no guarantees. After thinking about it, there aren't any teams who desperately need a goalie prospect. Especially not one who just lost himself the starting job in the AHL - and one who's aging and needs to make the NHL almost right away. I wouldn't be surprised if he got claimed, but I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't.

Unless, of course there's a team I'm forgetting that needs a goalie.

I'd be very worried but there are no guarantees. After thinking about it, there aren't any teams who desperately need a goalie prospect. Especially not one who just lost himself the starting job in the AHL - and one who's aging and needs to make the NHL almost right away. I wouldn't be surprised if he got claimed, but I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't.

Unless, of course there's a team I'm forgetting that needs a goalie.

He'd be gone in a second. But I don't think it'll get to that point. Gainey wouldn't chance it. Danis will sit in the pressbox the whole year if he can't dump Aebischer. Gainey knows Montreal's depth right now is at the goalie position. He won't let that slip away.

I'd think just about every team would jump at Yann Danis if he was exposed to waivers. Its not often an prospect is exposed, unless they are considered a failed project and are being returned to the minors. And Danis proved last year he could play in the NHL, he just needs more action.

rumours like that are easy to start...florida's the only team without a starting goalie and montreal as an extra #1.

I bet that in a week, it's gonna be biron to florida.

if any of this is true, please let it be boumeester

rumours like that are easy to start...florida's the only team without a starting goalie and montreal as an extra #1.

I bet that in a week, it's gonna be biron to florida.

if any of this is true, please let it be boumeester

well.. yeah... here is what code actually wrote to start our little conversation:

"Florida is now talking to the Habs about Abby and to the Sabres about Biron. If all doesn't work, they will turn to Legace."

"Florida is now talking to the Habs about Abby and to the Sabres about Biron. If all doesn't work, they will turn to Legace."

I imagine that is true, however:

1) Legace is the worst goalie of the 3. :P

2) Buf has no urgent reason to get rid of Biron, but Flor desperately needs a goalie. The Sabers definitely have the advantage if any trade transpires. Also I dont think Keanan will do a deal with Buff because the players Buff would want, Flor doesnt want to get rid of.

3) The player I beleive Bob desperately wants, is now basically redundant to Keanan now that Flor has Burtuzzi. The players Keanan wants from the Habs are now equally redundant to Bob. :D

Therefore I beleive there will definitely be some form of movement between Bob & Keanan. ;)

Also, wasnt Flor 1 of the teams that was interested in Ribs? I really beleive that Bob gave Ribs such a large surprising raise just so the Habs would retain Riberio, and be able to trade him to a team that wants him and has a player Bob really wants. :king: I dont think Bob has any intention to actually pay Ribs that salary. :lol:

I can't see Biron going anywhere, he just accepted his qualifiying offer by Buffalo, and still thinks he has a shot to get his starting job back.

What would Florida be willing to give up for Aeby? That BG would want, not too much I don't think?

Biron will be traded. He has requested it.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=171177&hubname=

Florida, St. Louis and Detroit are the 3 teams that are looking for goaltenders right now with Biron, Abby and Legace as the 3 most readily available. Throw Belfour and Hasek in the mix too.