Islanders Need A New Gm

MAK

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if gainey feels there a guy he loves, he should make a pitch right now especially if milburry's behind all that shit

honest to god this has made my day.

Please can someone confirm that he's still gonna be the backup.

I wonder how long a leash dipietro is getting.

TSN is saying "former Islanders goaltender" right now so I think they'll be getting a new backup. Too bad, a playing GM would've been awesome.

My assumption is that Milbury still wanted to run the show. He tried to use Smith as a puppet and before long Neil got sick of it. So Smith quit and Milbury found someone who he could control. Now, if Snow is under contract, does that remain his pay or does he still retain a NHL contrct? I heard of GM's firing the coach and taking over, but a interim goalie?

And so, the Gong Show continues.

if gainey feels there a guy he loves, he should make a pitch right now especially if milburry's behind all that shit

Excellent point. The Islanders' crack'd management looks receptive to plundering.

Snow's probably filed his retirement papers. What the heck is going on in there?

yeah, but he has a multi-year commitment(im pretty sure) and is over 35. So his salary still counts against the cap.

That team is going to be in the toilet for a long, loooong time.

I think they flushed that franchise along time ago ... they're floating in the sewer next to all the turds. at least Neil Smith got out

That team is going to be in the toilet for a long, loooong time.

I think they flushed that franchise along time ago ... they're floating in the sewer next to all the turds. at least Neil Smith got out

sorry for the double post :?-

Edited by CaliHabsFan

From what I heard, Garth Snow retired to become the new GM! :lol:

In pro sports this is the 4th fastest staff firing but the #1 shortest term for a GM. The rest were for coaches (Bill Belichik - 1 day).

Charles Wang said that when Milbury stepped down, Snow was one of the guys trying to land the job and that that's why they hired him so fast after the Smith firing - they already knew him. So the Isles get another staff member with zero experience and credentials.

This is one of the funniest stories I've ever heard.

From what I heard, Garth Snow retired to become the new GM! :lol:

In pro sports this is the 4th fastest staff firing but the #1 shortest term for a GM. The rest were for coaches (Bill Belichik - 1 day).

Charles Wang said that when Milbury stepped down, Snow was one of the guys trying to land the job and that that's why they hired him so fast after the Smith firing - they already knew him. So the Isles get another staff member with zero experience and credentials.

This is one of the funniest stories I've ever heard.

Watched TSN did we?

Pat LaFontaine resigned right after that press conference...can't say that I blame him.

:?- WTF

man!! this his getting really wierd

It must REALLY, REALLY suck to be an Islanders fan. Good thing there aren't many of them.

I really feel sorry for all 9 of them

Well IMO, the islanders have one good thing going for them an experienced goalie ~ Garth Snow, will be quite familiar to being pulled so; he better watch out, Isle's owners just might pull him next, for the backup goalie, from their farm team.

I hope Snow knows what he's doing, he better show up and play GM well and keep an eye out for roaming GM replacements; If you thought Smith was the shortest GM in Islanders history, me thinks the best is yet to come! :wacko:

Well, Snow has nothing to lose here really, if I were him I'd go along for the ride too. I mean, WTF?

But whoever said there must be more to it than this is in my opinion right on, a "clash of philosophies" out of the left field, and after a relatively good offseason for the Isles? Something's up......

Pat LaFontaine resigned right after that press conference...can't say that I blame him.

nice show of confidence by Lafontaine - really helps the organization at this delicate junction.

So how long did he resign for? :king: