Malkin Not Staying In Russia

Captain_Stealth

If he comes over in this 'defection'... there'll be hell to pay by the Capitals & the NHL (or, at least there should be...). A contract is a contract and he MUST respect it just as the Capitals & the NHL must do so.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

but I guess its ok if the Penguins sign him right? :D

Yes, you're right... my mistake.

Edited by shortcat1

I guess theres some people starting to worry about Malkin's safety, I'm starting to think maybe the russian mafia really is involved.

I sure hope things don't turn ugly here, it's only a hockey player.

:blink:

I called it first! But seriously, it wouldn't really surprise me.

I guess theres some people starting to worry about Malkin's safety, I'm starting to think maybe the russian mafia really is involved.

going to a hockey games gonna turn out into taking a fight over or into the states,

metal detector and strip searches coming up,

You only get your Ex after sir!!! :P

That's not the 1st time I hear of this.

NHL superstars Pavel Bure and Slava Fetisov have been linked to Russian mobsters. I read that they were 'associated' and/or 'friends' but I've also heard that some Russian players playing in the NHL were having some of their salary extorted from them due to threats to their family back home. :wacko: :puke: :blink:

If Mogilny, Fedorov, and Bure survived in a time when US and Russia were just coming to the end of the Cold War, I think Malkin will be fine.

The Russian Mafia was still know as the KGB back then then,

not so sure today if it really REALLY piss' them off.

NHL superstars Pavel Bure and Slava Fetisov have been linked to Russian mobsters. I read that they were 'associated' and/or 'friends' but I've also heard that some Russian players playing in the NHL were having some of their salary extorted from them due to threats to their family back home. :wacko: :puke: :blink:

i heard that too :puke:

pavel bure's father was linked to russian mafia and I remember that pavel and valery wouldn't talk totheir daddy

i have friends who live in Siberia and have had a dispute with the Russian mafia - even to the extent where they were fighting them in the Supreme Court.

basically - what you have over there is a strip-away of the communist regime, but a lot of the infrastruction (administration) continues to be run in the only form of government that they have ever known. so - where in N.A. a mayor has power - but limited - in Russia, a mayor is kind of like the King of the city (no exaggeration). so - if the mafia can buy off the mayor - then they can do what they want.

the same applied to cases brought to court (of any level) - the mafia is fully capable of buying off judges in order to get a case to run a certain way.

this means - to sum up - the Russian mafia (to my understanding) isn't as undercover as one may think. you don't need to crawl to the underbelly of society to link up with them. if it came to pass that Malkin was involved - it might not be much of a shock to ANYONE in Russia (some Russian mafia would say to be successful in life - one must belong to a Mafia - the question is only WHICH mafia to join, WHICH mafia is the biggest).

if someone told me the Russian Mafia was involved in the struggle to come to a transfer agreement between Russia & the NHL - i would not be shocked in the least. or - if the mafia is upset that the agreement wasn't signed - that they found their own way to see that their 'friends' (Malkin???) could get to N.A. This actually doesn't make Malkin a 'bad guy' or indicate that he asssociates with a bad crowd - it's just remnants of the communist regime that are yet to be brought under proper civil authority.

i have friends who live in Siberia and have had a dispute with the Russian mafia - even to the extent where they were fighting them in the Supreme Court.

basically - what you have over there is a strip-away of the communist regime, but a lot of the infrastruction (administration) continues to be run in the only form of government that they have ever known. so - where in N.A. a mayor has power - but limited - in Russia, a mayor is kind of like the King of the city (no exaggeration). so - if the mafia can buy off the mayor - then they can do what they want.

the same applied to cases brought to court (of any level) - the mafia is fully capable of buying off judges in order to get a case to run a certain way.

this means - to sum up - the Russian mafia (to my understanding) isn't as undercover as one may think. you don't need to crawl to the underbelly of society to link up with them. if it came to pass that Malkin was involved - it might not be much of a shock to ANYONE in Russia (some Russian mafia would say to be successful in life - one must belong to a Mafia - the question is only WHICH mafia to join, WHICH mafia is the biggest).

if someone told me the Russian Mafia was involved in the struggle to come to a transfer agreement between Russia & the NHL - i would not be shocked in the least. or - if the mafia is upset that the agreement wasn't signed - that they found their own way to see that their 'friends' (Malkin???) could get to N.A. This actually doesn't make Malkin a 'bad guy' or indicate that he asssociates with a bad crowd - it's just remnants of the communist regime that are yet to be brought under proper civil authority.

The implication of my post wasn't that Malkin is involved with the Mafia but that the 'presence' of the Mafia could be a source of threat to him. This is the reason he's disappeared (to escape to the NHL...?).

The problem with that position is that, with the disappearance of the USSR and the 'shrinking' of the world the Russian mafia is in North America also so there's no escaping.

So, we get back to why Malkin disappeared... He's probably involved in some sort of secret service thing doing undercover work in the scandinavian underworld.

He's probably involved in some sort of secret service thing doing undercover work in the scandinavian underworld.

Operation Face-Off???

:wacko:

Operation Face-Off???

:wacko:

Now I have to kill you! :angry2::P:angry::P:angry2:

Here's an article from CBC.ca sports that says that Malkin is 'safe' according to his North American agents. :wacko:

http://www.cbc.ca/story/sports/national/20...ppear-safe.html