8 Players Cut

JMMR

3 players cut: Chipchura, Lapierre, Groulx

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/213837.html

You can probably add Price & Danis as mentionned yesterday.

no surprise here.

chipchura will make the team in a year or two... lapierre, maybe later this year or next & groulx... i don't know.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

HAHA, they're all walking in Carbo's office, and the sports press is waiting at the locker room door to see who is getting out with his equipments :P

Or maybe Carbo is pulling a Homer Simpson: "And the rest of you, congratulations, you've made the team! Oh, except you, you, and you... you're cut."

:P

Oooh... Ferland not making it, looks promising for Latendresse.

Means Lats, Kosty and Zhog fighting for the remaining spot. I'd say Kosty's slightly ahead of Lats and Zhog's.

Jancevski, O'Byrne and Benoit left.

Wouldnt Zhog be a lock given his contract, with Latendresse and Kost fighting over 23rd spot (if Carbo decides to keep 23?). I think zhog has to clear waivers to be sent to hamilton, which gives him a clear advantage in the numbers game even if his play hasnt matched that of lats and kost recently. if kost can be sent back and forth to hamilton with no consequence, he might be sent packing with the understanding that he's first in line if (when) an offensive forward gets hurt. think the key question is what to do with latendresse at this point. am i right that he can be kept for 10 games, but anything over that means he can't be returned to junior?

Wouldnt Zhog be a lock given his contract, with Latendresse and Kost fighting over 23rd spot (if Carbo decides to keep 23?). I think zhog has to clear waivers to be sent to hamilton, which gives him a clear advantage in the numbers game even if his play hasnt matched that of lats and kost recently. if kost can be sent back and forth to hamilton with no consequence, he might be sent packing with the understanding that he's first in line if (when) an offensive forward gets hurt. think the key question is what to do with latendresse at this point. am i right that he can be kept for 10 games, but anything over that means he can't be returned to junior?

Yeah Carbo did mentionned he could keep 23 guys. Perezhogin had a good game last night so he might be starting to save his butt. A trade is always a possibility but too hypothetical right now. I'm not sure Zhog needs to clear waivers, still haven't read a definite answer about that.There's always the possibility that Carbo choses to only keep 6 d-men and 15 forwards.

Like Carbo said: tough decisions!

Could someone fill me in please. Does a 23-man roster include Downey and Murray with two spots left for Latendresse, Kostytsin and Perezhogin ?

If this is the case, I would cut either Downey or Murray, replace him with Latendresse, and pick between Kostytsin and Perezhogin for the remaining spot. Then trade either Kostytsin or Perezhogin for a decent depth defenceman.

Edited by Chuko

Murray and Downey are valuable to this team, they are a couple of players who play with an edge, Murray was one of the better habs down the stretch and can kill penalties. Downey is a good team player and will drop them when he needs to. So they may keep extra forwards but those 2 guys ren't going anywhere.

Murray and Downey are valuable to this team, they are a couple of players who play with an edge, Murray was one of the better habs down the stretch and can kill penalties. Downey is a good team player and will drop them when he needs to. So they may keep extra forwards but those 2 guys ren't going anywhere.

Chris, I understand your point and agree with you in terms of what Downey and Murray can bring to a team. However, I think Lats brings more than Downey or Murray. Personally, I would replace Downey with Lats. Lats is bigger, hits harder, has better offensive upside and the fans love him. Downey drops them, but he's certainly not a feared enforcer (he's a middleweight), and in today's NHL enforcers are a dying breed. I'd rather have someone that could turn a game around with big hits, like Lats can.

Umm.. whos the 7th Dman on the team now?

I smell a trade or signing.

:hlogo:

Jancevski has NHL experience, so I'd put him in the seventh slot for now.

If Latendresse is going to make the team and stick, I'd wouldn't be surprised at all if a trade, or at the very least a waiver transaction, made before the start of the season involving one of the bottom six forwards.

Forwards(14)

-Koivu

-Higgins

-Ryder

-Samsonov

-Ribeiro

-Kovalev

-Plekanec

-Johnson

-Perezhogin

-Bonk

-Murray

-Downey

-Latendresse

-Kostitsyn

Defensemen(7)

-Souray

-Markov

-Komisarek

-Rivet

-Dandenault

-Streit

-Jancevski/O'Byrne/Benoit

Goalies(2)

-Aebischer

-Huet

That makes 23 players, supposing we only keep one of the remaining defensemen..

Am I forgetting someone?

Defensemen(7)

-Souray

-Markov

-Komisarek

-Rivet

-Dandenault

-Streit

Goalies(2)

-Aebischer

-Huet

Am I forgetting someone?

when Bouillon gets back Streit becomes the 7 dman... so do any of the three (Jancevski/O'Byrne/Benoit) need to clear waivers?

Forwards(14)

-Koivu

-Higgins

-Ryder

-Samsonov

-Ribeiro

-Kovalev

-Plekanec

-Johnson

-Perezhogin

-Bonk

-Murray

-Downey

-Latendresse

-Kostitsyn

Defensemen(7)

-Souray

-Markov

-Komisarek

-Rivet

-Dandenault

-Streit

Goalies(2)

-Aebischer

-Huet

Am I forgetting someone?

Unfortunately you forgot Begin. I we want to keep 7 D-men something has to give. Even if we go with 6 D-men we will have the same problem when Boullion returns.

Oooh... Ferland not making it, looks promising for Latendresse.

Means Lats, Kosty and Zhog fighting for the remaining spot. I'd say Kosty's slightly ahead of Lats and Zhog's.

Jancevski, O'Byrne and Benoit left.

Grabovsky was not cut either...which is a bit odd considering his injury? May want to unclude him in the mix. Perzhogin can't go anywhere barring a trade so I would say he he staying. Downey on the other hand...

Edit : nevermind, I should read more before posting :P

Edited by Jean