Which Forwards Will Be A Canadien

PB

Barring a collapse from either player (Kost-Lats) in the last 2 pre-saison games, I would venture to pick Latendresse as the most likely candidate to be a Canadien on the 6th.

1) More positive and immidiate impact to the club:

Carbo has said that he wants the club to emmulate the style of play that made them look really good in

the playoffs against CAR. He wants his club to be aggressive on the puck and tenacious in their puck

pursuit......this should create more turnovers and provoque more penaltys (low count last year) against

us. Those expected positive outcomes are more assured if there is a spread across our

various lines of players willing to finnish their checks. Having Latendresse playing on the third while

moving Zhogin on the fourth with Begin will favorised this spread over the lines while adding more skills

to the our line-up...since Murray would now be a reserviste along with Downey.

2) Better strategique benefits:

Kostitsyn playing in the AHL makes him avallaible (unlike Lats in junior) to the CH if one of their skilfull

forwards goes on long absence du to injuries.

Kots would also developpe well with Garbowski on the first line in Hamilton......both might have a stellar

year,......which would be of great benifits for the CH.....in term of assets...among other things.

3) My tentative predition: The CH keeps signed players Perezhogin, Murray and Downey and start the season

with Latendresse in a 23 men roster team.

three points are on the dot! Lets see if Gainey and carb see it the same way because its very logical if they dont it means there alot more going on out there in terms of future plans for the habs prospects and the team as a whole... I for one think Gainey is still shopping for that top 2 D man

Lats won't play, hes still eligible for one more year in the Juniors and it's ridiculous to sign him to a deal now... (even though I want him to play this season)

Kosti will get the call...

Lats won't play, hes still eligible for one more year in the Juniors and it's ridiculous to sign him to a deal now... (even though I want him to play this season)

Kosti will get the call...

Latendresse will develop just as good in the NHL, or better. Playing with better players makes you better, ESPECIALLY in hockey.

Lats has also clearly shown so far in the preseason that he wants this roster spot. Hitting anything that moves, and putting up the points. We need him this year, Kotstitsyn can get playing time during the year as a call up. Kotstitsyn has only played 1 game in the preseason that he put on a notable show. Lats has done so every single game.

Look for him next game. You will all see that he is ready for the NHL. He will be better than Bergeron.

Both will play, Perez will be moved for D help and we'll be ok til Souray and Bouillon gets back.. then the rest of the teams should watch out!

:hlogo:

I'd say Lats....he's a big, skilled forward.

Kots is a small, skilled forward....and we already have plenty of those.

Because Lats brings something that the team desperately needs (size up front), I think he's the logical choice.

Habsworld count so far:

Latendresse 3

Kostsitsyn 1

Keep them coming !

kots 2

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Lats, he's what the Habs need really.

I read or heard that if Latendresse is not signed this year he goes back to the draft. If that is true, then Montreal has a decision to make if they really want to keep him. It would seem this would add to the decision of keeping him or not.

Lats will play.

Perez will soon get traded. (not that I want it.)

Kost will (because of injury or trade) play the 2nd half of the season, after burning the AHL.

That's all my Crystal balls had to say on the topic.

Yep.

I say take both in the team and screw Downey. Trade him for a 7th round draft pick or something like that.. or perhaps put him in the AHL.

Full health lineup

Fowards

1 - Koivu

2 - Higgins

3 - Ryder

4 - Ribiero

5 - Kovalev

6 - Samsonov

7 - Plekanec

8 - Johnson

9 - Perezhogin

10 - Bonk

11 - Bégin

12 - Murray

13 - Kosty

14 - Latendresse

Defense

1 - Markov

2 - Komisarek

3 - Souray

4 - Rivet

5 - Dandenault

6 - Bouillon

7 - Streit

Goal

1 - Huet

2- Aebischer

the rds radio announcers keep stressing the fact that one of Perezhogin/Kostitsyn will be traded shortly because Latendresse will be on the team. :blink:

they keep pushing the idea that P & K are essentially the same kind of player with some variations in contributions to the team. :mellow:

i wonder if there's tubular vision going on there? B) B) B)

i see latendresse being traded to pittsburg for their next five 1st round picks :o ........... why not?.......... what with all the ridiculous ideas being sent out on the air. :wacko:

Edited by shortcat1

kots 2

Make it 3 for Kostsitsyn.....

I'm looking forward to Latendresse making the jump but I'm still not convinced that he is quite ready for prime time night in and night out?

And they do't have to sign him until much later this season - lots of time left for that deal to happen1

Edited by beliveau1

Make it 3 for Kostsitsyn.....

I'm looking forward Latendresse making the jump but I'm still not convinced that he is quite ready for prime time night in and night out?

sounds good... I'll double-park & say AKjr for 4. :lol::lol::lol:

the rds radio announcers keep stressing the fact that one of Perezhogin/Kostitsyn will be traded shortly because Latendresse will be on the team. :blink:

they keep pushing the idea that P & K are essentially the same kind of player with some variations in contributions to the team. :mellow:

i wonder if there's tubular vision going on there? B) B) B)

i see latendresse being traded to pittsburg for their next five 1st round picks :o ........... why not?.......... what with all the ridiculous ideas being sent out on the air. :wacko:

Only 5 - aren't you kind of going a tad low given the hype and especially given the absolute surety of his sanctification?

If Gainey and Carbo will take the best players then both Kostityn and Latendresse will make the team.

Latendresse has been the best player at camp for two years now and he brings the team a new dimension. There's should be no question.

Perezhogin and Kostitsyn. Both good but play the same kind of game and either one will do a fine job.

Latandresse All The Way!

Ive watched him live...Hes such a Physical force In Front of the Net...Nobodys moving him!

Hes got the size of a Bulldozer with turbo jets on his skates!

Sorry AK 46....Latandresse it is!!!

Kostitsyn can be up and down from the AHL throughout the duration of the season, especially if Downey starts sucking (highly likely!!!). As for Alexander Perezhogin...Hes great trade bait, and I think hes on his way out the door come trade deadline time. Hes way too over rated.

GO :hlogo: GO

I'm looking forward to Latendresse making the jump but I'm still not convinced that he is quite ready for prime time night in and night out?

Ditto, I seem to remember this same conversation last year as well. We didn't keep him up then and he went back to Junior and was very ordinary...at best. IF he really wants to make the team, he needs to go back down to junior this year and shine, play like he is too good for that league, which he didn't do last year. He was invisable in the World Junior tournament. This is the national stage where people should be watching him and saying "Man that guy is going to be a star in Montreal, why is he not playing there now?"

Latendresse has been the best player at camp for two years now and he brings the team a new dimension. There's should be no question.

Read above, he does have great camps, but you don't want to move him along too early. From last years play he has proved that another year in Junior won't really hurt him. It's not like he burnt up the league last year. I say, another year of grooming will only improve his skills and awareness. Sorry..