Traverse Back On Waivers

JMMR

yes, I believe both the NHL and the NHLPA scrapped the recall rule because players were left to rot in the minors and teams were penalized for recalling a player.

I think the rule still stands, but the criteria have changed... the guy has to earn more than 95k in AHL to be eligible to waiver re-entry... something like that.

I think the rule still stands, but the criteria have changed... the guy has to earn more than 95k in AHL to be eligible to waiver re-entry... something like that.

it is my understanding that 50/50 recall waivers no longer exists.

alexstreams avatar is funny. The habs player looks confused. lol mines of a sunset I took after inspecting my cousins house which got blown away by a tornado the day before completely destroyed. Farm took a ton of damage as well.

Oops am I thread hijacking? *raises hand* Guilty lol lol

Ah who cares Traverse isn't even worth of a thread lol!

alexstreams avatar is funny. The habs player looks confused. lol mines of a sunset I took after inspecting my cousins house which got blown away by a tornado the day before completely destroyed. Farm took a ton of damage as well.

Oops am I thread hijacking? *raises hand* Guilty lol lol

Ah who cares Traverse isn't even worth of a thread lol!

thar picture is captain KIRK, man. one of my favourite habs of all times. when a guy cries because he just got traded out of montreal, you pay respect. I'm glad he's back !!

Captain Kirk? I bet that guy hasn't been back to Montreal in ages. Heck I didn't even know he was Canadian until I looked him up on IMDB.

Speaking of Canadians that I thought were americans Norm McDonald. I thought he hates Canada but yet when I listen to a game on CJAD he's always doing commericals for Boston Pizza (i think).

This was a panic move by BG but all it may cost in the long run is money. I doubt Travesty has a two way contract.

Bite your tongue. Bob doesnt panic--at least he hasn't as GM yet--of course Patrtick the pylon has a 2-way. As many predicted he was and will probably remain cheap insurance.

Pierre, the reaction you saw from the fans here was not panic; it was the flooding back of semi-repressed traumatic memories. As a relatively new fan, you missed the horror that was the Houle era.

For many of us, the mere mention of PT's name conjures memories of horrible seasons best forgotten and game-losing defensive lapses of the most egreious kind. Ugh, just writing about it makes me feel slightly ill. I'm going to look at the new roster and lie down until the memories fade again. :P

Edited by PMAC

Captain Kirk? I bet that guy hasn't been back to Montreal in ages. Heck I didn't even know he was Canadian until I looked him up on IMDB.

Speaking of Canadians that I thought were americans Norm McDonald. I thought he hates Canada but yet when I listen to a game on CJAD he's always doing commericals for Boston Pizza (i think).

No, the Boston Pizza guy is Howie Mandel.

:hlogo:

ah yes I know the feeling. Its like old bad news in your life coming back into it. Like an ex girlfriend who has dirt on you.

The Norm commerical is something about food I think. I dunno but I heard he hates the country but then his brother works for CBC so that must be an odd christmas gathering. lol. Poor Norm's brother he didn't get the hair in the family.

i don't know why people are making a big deal out of this

he was never going to play a game with us as streit was going to be the 6th guy, and by the time someone gets hurt, Cote was probably going to be back

At least now our farm team could get a big stronger

Actually our farm team will be worse off with Traverse. This guy is awful, but you will have to watch him for a few games in Hamilton to realize it I suppose.

As many predicted he was and will probably remain cheap insurance.

Insurance is supposed to be something that helps you in case of disaster. The only way I would see him helping us is if he was the guy taking the players sticks and giving them a pat on the back as they come into the dressing room between periods...however they already have that guy and there is no way that TRaverse is ousting him from a job either. Anyway, it's done and overwith now, he is Hamilton's problem for now. I'm sure he won't last there either.

OK, how does this help the team. I don't see any intellegent posts from anyone about how great this guy is, or he really makes a big difference to get Montreal to the playoffs. Easy to sit on a fence, harder to take a stand. Your faith in Gainey is a bit misguided as he is not perfect.

hamilton needs help on defence we need someone to call up in an EMERGENCY seems simple to me.

Please, I pray, just let the Traverse bashing die. My lord, talk about much ado about nothing. Habs fans not only get pissed that he was signed while the team was going through injury troubles, now they're pissed about him playing on a farm team that has zero dman depth. Give it up, think of something else to worry about.