New Season Starts Today

johnnyhasbeen

Im gonna watch Ottawa VS Leafs tonight

Yeah, me too, with the Sen loving wife. I have to support her tonight as I hate the leafs above all.

I'll watch the Leafs taking a hit (Hopefully) and to watch my childhood star Börje Salming get his number retired.

Does that make you a closet leaf fan or a childhood leaf fan that grew up?

BJ was good, but can't be compared to any of the Habs defencemen of the 70's.

I don't think he would have made the team.

But yeah, Toronto should retire his number as he is all they have had since the 60's, unless you believe Vaive was something to brag about. Sittler? ok. Ellis, bum, McDonald, nice 'stach low talent. Oh yeah, Keon was good, but I call him 60's.

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

Way to go US immigration people. LOL (enter political joke here)

he must've been smiling on his passeport and that got everybody confused at customs.

Poor guys, you all have to wait till Friday.

My season starts TONIGHT as we are ready to murder those f****** from Dallas. Then we'll probably lose to Minny tomorrow night. So stupid, we get to start the season playing in Denver and the very next night, we have to make it to Minnesota. Bah.

GO AVS GO!

he must've been smiling on his passeport and that got everybody confused at customs.

LOL, I was thinking something more sinister. He's got a weird name for the immigration officals to pronounce and he's got a dark skin complexion. Sorry if I sound like a cynic but I garuntee thats what it is.

A BBC reporter who was moving from Montreal to Chicago who was born in Montreal, has a french sounding name, and isn't white. Got questioned and detained for 2 days by the border cops because they didn't believe his journalist BBC passport. The reporter documented it on BBC World Service.

My season starts TONIGHT as we are ready to murder those f****** from Dallas. Then we'll probably lose to Minny tomorrow night. So stupid, we get to start the season playing in Denver and the very next night, we have to make it to Minnesota. Bah.

GO AVS GO!

DROP THE PUCK!!!!

By the way JS, I have Sakic and Brunette in my pool ;)

Good luck to both :D

Awesome, I think Brunette will turn out to be a VERY smart pick. If you've got room (like a guy who starts to suck or you don't expect much out of) I'd take a chance on Paul Stastny. With Turgeon, May and McCormick out, he'll have time to impress and had a very good pre-season. I don't know if he'll be a ROTY canidate but theres an outside shot he becomes another 05-06 Svatos.

Blues play tomorrow I don't know if it is at home or not. But I bet only about 5,000 people will show up. Sad, very sad. Of course the paper won't even put them on the front page in the sports section now. The two main writers are following the cardinals and the rams right now. Sad very sad. Saint Louis doesn't deserve the team it should move but it can't.

Awesome, I think Brunette will turn out to be a VERY smart pick. If you've got room (like a guy who starts to suck or you don't expect much out of) I'd take a chance on Paul Stastny. With Turgeon, May and McCormick out, he'll have time to impress and had a very good pre-season. I don't know if he'll be a ROTY canidate but theres an outside shot he becomes another 05-06 Svatos.

The selections are already complete. I'll need luck to win. I picked 20 out of 21.

1 Sakic

2 Demitra

3 Mark Bell

4 Rolston

5 Brunette

6 Zubrus

7 Langenbrunner

8 Pisani

9 Plekanec

10 Axelsson

11 Shawn Bates

The selections are already complete. I'll need luck to win. I picked 20 out of 21.

1 Sakic

2 Demitra

3 Mark Bell

4 Rolston

5 Brunette

6 Zubrus

7 Langenbrunner

8 Pisani

9 Plekanec

10 Axelsson

11 Shawn Bates

Oh, I thought it was like one of those yahoo ones. Can just drop a guy and pick up another for your bench.

Oh, I thought it was like one of those yahoo ones. Can just drop a guy and pick up another for your bench.

Yeah, it's in person with no trades or alterations allowed. I might win based on my late team. My early picks are weak stacked up against my enemies. But, for me to get Bates when I did was a steal. It's only for points and he is 2nd line C of the Isles. I have to hope for Pleks too :D

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Yeah, it's in person with no trades or alterations allowed. I might win based on my late team. My early picks are weak stacked up against my enemies. But, for me to get Bates when I did was a steal. It's only for points and he is 2nd lice C of the Isles. I have to hope for Pleks too :D

Demitra and Gaborik together should be killer, Minnesota is my dark horse of the year. I actually see them coming out of nowhere to win the Northwest, although everyone thinks I'm crazy.

But last year I said the same about Carolina and Buffalo and everyone thought I was crazy then too. :D

everybody knows that the real season starts on friday :P

Demitra and Gaborik together should be killer, Minnesota is my dark horse of the year. I actually see them coming out of nowhere to win the Northwest, although everyone thinks I'm crazy.

I think you're right. competition in the northwest will be as feirce as in the northeast.

minny as 2 well rounded offensive lines.

for some reasons, I think the bluejackets could slip inyo the 8h place and finally make the playoffs

Yep, Columbus definitely has a shot at a playoff spot. I also think Phoenix or LA could sneak into a playoff spot.

Theres far too many teams with lots of talent in the West, should be some fierce competition this season.

I'm so happy, I just busted out the ol Roy White jersey that I got for my 16th birthday. I shed a tear.