Movies

habs_in_the_blood

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and next week I'll see POTC3

:clap::clap::clap:

I'm going too, not sure what day yet, probably on the Sunday. I'm not expecting al that much, but I have to see it just because it's PotC 3.

Dances with Wolves, Gone With The Wind, Mississippi Burning, Once Upon A Time In America, Schindlers List, The Exorcist, The Longest Day, A Clockwork Orange, Citizen Kane, The Silence of the Lambs, A Man for All Seasons, 2001 A Space Odyssey, The Sting, Unforgiven, Casablanca, Michael Collins, Rob Roy, Blade Runner, Slapshot, Fantasia, Halloween 1, Terminator, One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest and on and on...tired of typing :P

Saw Æon Flux today. Charlize Theron was her usual beautiful self, the movie itself wasn’t that impressive.

Saw Æon Flux today. Charlize Theron was her usual beautiful self, the movie itself wasn’t that impressive.

She is really hot.

But the movie kinda sucked 5 out of 10.

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

it got 4 stars from John Griffin of the Gazette! That got me so excited earlier but after soccer practice I'm boiling and grumpy. He says it's awesome and the fastest 167 minutes you'll ever spend.

Oh, and he acknowledges that the 2nd one wasn't very good so it's not like he's just some POTC fanboy. I'm going on Saturday.

well I hope its good too.

It not only WILL be good but it'll be incredibly awesome like CotBP.

Jack Sparrow didn't seem as natural. THe whole first movie revolved around Johnny Depp being the best actor in the world. In Dead Man's Chest, he wasn't.

That was probably because in the second one the producers told him to ham it up as much as possible. During the filming of the first one, they were lukewarm to the idea of Depp hamming it up so they told him to put a lid on it. Then when the producers found out how funny and cool he was through fan reaction, they gave him the go ahead to ham it up as much as possible in every scene etc in POTC2.

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

it got 4 stars from John Griffin of the Gazette! That got me so excited earlier but after soccer practice I'm boiling and grumpy. He says it's awesome and the fastest 167 minutes you'll ever spend.

Oh, and he acknowledges that the 2nd one wasn't very good so it's not like he's just some POTC fanboy. I'm going on Saturday.

I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but it was a terrible film. Granted, it was better than Dead Man's Chest...but that's not exactly saying much. There were some pretty good parts, but the storyline was kind of lame and it was like Austin Powers: Goldmember in that they re-used a lot of jokes. And it was an effin' long movie, definitely not the fastest 167 minutes of my life.

That was probably because in the second one the producers told him to ham it up as much as possible. During the filming of the first one, they were lukewarm to the idea of Depp hamming it up so they told him to put a lid on it. Then when the producers found out how funny and cool he was through fan reaction, they gave him the go ahead to ham it up as much as possible in every scene etc in POTC2.

Actually, I read just the opposite. I heard that the writers tried to write up a bunch of the kind of stuff he ad libbed in the first movie and told him to stick to the script more.