Game Thread | Habs vs. Hurricanes | 11/02/06

Spider-Man NL

Perez is a natural RW. He was moved to the left side since the Habs are deep on the RW. As for the Williams thing, yes he does need a beating. I do think it was an accident but you are responsible for your stick. Once someone goes after him, fights him, it will be over. Thar's the hockey is and always will be. Penalties, none onw called here are not a big enough consequence for his actions. Remember Perez was banished for a year for his stick foul. So know one had a chance to fight him.

That's great. that means Perogie is back at his natural position, which probably means he'll be even MORE effective than he already is :D:clap:

I really think that Perogie and Higgins are going to be the future of this team when it comes to skilled forwards. Glad to see them both playing so well :D

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Geo what is your avatar? very funny!

That's from last year in a Canucks-Flames game. Dion Phaneuf dropped the gloves to fight Jarkko Ruutu, but Ruutu just tripped him with his stick and calmly skated to the bench. Hilarious!

Am I the only one who believes the Williams highstick was unintentional? I think it is insane how barbaric people are regarding this situation, if you want to look at a vicious play take a look at Perazhogin's two handed baseball swing at a players head a couple of years ago. This attack on Williams is absolutely foolish, but it is funny how we tend to downplay things when it is one of our own. Considering we have Perezhogin in our lineup and noone mentions his actions from the past, you should be ashamed of yourselfs for bringing up an accidental highstick by Justin Williams. You're just sore losers that are looking for a scapegoat because the Habs choked!

don't care. no shame felt. want Begin tiretracks across Willams' ass.

Am I the only one who believes the Williams highstick was unintentional? I think it is insane how barbaric people are regarding this situation, if you want to look at a vicious play take a look at Perazhogin's two handed baseball swing at a players head a couple of years ago. This attack on Williams is absolutely foolish, but it is funny how we tend to downplay things when it is one of our own. Considering we have Perezhogin in our lineup and noone mentions his actions from the past, you should be ashamed of yourselfs for bringing up an accidental highstick by Justin Williams. You're just sore losers that are looking for a scapegoat because the Habs choked!

Hmmm.... the degree of the ingury to Koivu may have been unintential but make no mistake the hit to him was not and let's not forget the highstick to our beloved Captain was not the last Williams laid out in the playoffs. Perhaps barbaric may be a little harsh in describing the fans opinions. It is more so an intense passion, let's face it ...this is hockey ! By defination of the game, the team is required to retaliate in honour of their Captain. My guess is Sheldon will be the first, and make no mistake the refs will be all over our asses. I'm surprised to hear you say that some of the posters are sore losers because the Habs choked....that they are looking for a scapegoat. Who knows what potentially could have happened had Williams not taken Koivu out. Seems fans are....well, being fans ............no ?

Williams should not be a concern about this game.

The guy almost crackdown after the incident, he called Koivu at the hospital with Recchi help.

The concern should be on our players playing good enough to get us two points ahead of Carolina.

I want a win...a big win would be nice....shutout would be great!......Williams getting plastered by Lats, Souray, Downey, maybe Kovy, and Saku would be GRAVY!! :D

Go Habs Go

Must do's!

One; the team has to play for the win! what better revenge than to beat them! "primary objective"

two; Koivu has to completely ignore the Eye snatcher... but watch out for his stick!!

three; Williams cannot leave the ICE after 60 min (unless unable to play again) with no less than 3 Solid Checks! Im think Begin Lats Komi! AT LEAST THREE!!!

Personnally:

If I were a Habs player I wouldn't be happy if I didnt at least try to give him a wack! so I would be content if I see after 60 minutes that 22 Body checks are registered on him ...YES that includes the goalie Huet and also Abby who gets sent in for a few minutes just so he can wack him one!

Then let Koivu call him at the hospital to see if he's alright!!

Go MES COLISE DE HABS GO!!! TABARNAK!!!

Beat them where it hurts the most... the scoreboard. :clap:

If Williams has the puck, then sure nail him, but we should be nailing everyone on the other team when they have the puck. If we try and go after Williams we'll just end up in the box; I'm sure a memo went out to the officials and they'll probably be looking to put us in the box.

Get some traffic in front of Ward; heck give him a bump seeing as they don't seem to be calling it this year.......

Nobody condones what Perezhogin did. Even if it was justified. If you remember the other player hit him with his stick in the head first. It's not my style, but I can understand Prez's reaction.

As for Williams, he has a history of "unintentional" high sticks. He almost cost us our Franchise player, the heart and soul of the Habs. And if I played for the Habs, I'd be looking to for some payback. IMO it has nothing to do with loosing to the Canes last year, this has to do with a dirty player getting what he deserves.

I agree completely. Just as long as it's not dirty.

I nominate Lats.

bah...Koivu was talking and to be thrutfull koivu was saying he didint really think about the Williams factor...and what was important for him was the Win....i mean if anything....we are just going to get penelized...and for the gyu8 who said we are only looking for a scaoegoat for are lose...most would agree that the lost of koivu was the turning point of the playoffs match-up between the two...now all i hope for tonight is a big win to get 2 in row...and climb in the rankings

go :hlogo: go

What a Fantastic logo dude

O B-Ob Gainobey

I do believe it was unintentional, but that's not the point. The point is has happened twice other than with Koivu. He does not pay attention enough to make sure it doesn't happen.

"If" we were going to go after Williams, it should have been during/or the game after Koviu's injury; not the following season............

Hurt them on the scoreboard.

The habs were in shock... time stands still for the victims not the agressor... well maybe for the agressors too... just ask Bertuzzi!

As far as Williams goes, the only thing I'd like to see is every Habs player come out pregame with a cage on their helmet. It was unintentional, BUT I've watched the Canes more than once, and Williams in particular seems to be very careless with his stick. He almost carved out someone else's eye already this year...no penalty called. Unintentional or not, the refs need to be paying attention to the guy. Regardless, the Habs shouldn't (nor do I expect them to) be chasing Williams around. They take enough penalties as it is.

Go Habs go!

Big 2 points here, gotta stay ahead of the Leafs. :)

Plus, I hate the Canes.

Go Habs Go! :hlogo:

we need to take advantage of the fact that they played a very tiresome game yesterday against the trashers.