Game Thread | Devils vs. Habs | 11/04/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it's boring to repeat but... once again... brodeur played extremely well and offered the win to his coach...

gotta forget this one and focus on the next one!!!

GHG :)

ps : leafs won over the sabres???? :S

I was there tonight and I thought I saw one of the worst game ever. when will montreal realise that they need to complete passes ???

I thought huet played a great game, he seems to be back to his old self.

brodeur shouldve got a penalty for delay of game at the end..he totally faked it.

hope higgins and kovalev are ok though.

Overall, we played well but Brodeur won this one for his coach.

Hope Latendresse saw the way Begin played and took some notes...

We lost but so does the Sabres... still 6 points behind them :clap:

two points behind TO, though :angry:

it's cool we can't win them all... Brodeur win it for his coach as predicted ... like we win it for Abby when we played with the AV's 2 weeks ago ... yea we can't let Toronto get ahead of us >.<!!!

You cant win them all, think best thing about last game is that the old Huet is coming back. As i heared he had some spectacular saves (allthough Brodeur dominated him), welcome back Huet!

yep! huet definitely kept the habs in the game till the very end...

carbo and muller knew that it's gonna be a tough game... he said that it's unlucky to play against the devils *now*... coz if it was against another team, we could've won...

it's ok tho... we will remember this game and have revenge later in the season... by shutout!! :P

After watchinhg that one you really can't complain about anyone specifically. Or say any one stood out except Huet had some great stops. I thought tghe Devils outplayed the Habs in the first, the second was even the habs won the third but didn't score. I totally agree with the other poater about completing passes, they are really bad in the zone and in the nuetral zone. That has been an issue all year but the Devila make you look really bad with their D.

If the Habs want to be a team to to compete deep in the playoffs they need to figure out a way to show up for all 60 minutes, move the puck better and beat teams like the Sabres, Devils, etc. Until they do that they are still going to be a low seed and out in the first round.

They also need to pick it up this month, they have alot of games and several back to backs.

I actually agreed on the Habs game...Don't know what everyone else here thought cause (this lousy pc wont let me see the other comments)... Liked how Begin and Plekanek could be moved up ....Brodeur was awesome and had a few lucky breaks... Plus the defensive core of the Devils is painfully tight.. but we managed to get in there ... we need Kovy to keep practicing those faceoffs... and I wouldnt rush saying begin should be on the third... Tenderness was benched and it was a good move and was expected... last night his development period was set on standby... Its cool to see the trade off (regarding Tenderness on or off the ice) in any case Its a must to keep Tenderness playing so he can get up to pace ASAP... so Begin should be back on the fourth line tuesday

Good game

Wow, that was a gutless effort.

I thought they would have learned from last year that playing one period of solid hockey doesnt cut it.

I didnt even see a period of solid hockey from the Habs last night live... maybe from the sprees where they turned the pressure on each period would add up to a period total? Everyone was flat...Four Canadiens really played good...Huet, Bonk, Johnson, and Higgins. They were the only people out there who really seemed to want it. The Canadiens could have taken two points in regulation if they did all of the following (stay out of the penalty box---that 4 minute penalty from Latendresse, and that dumb one from Downey turned out to help NJ who plays a pretty disciplined game). What Guy Carbonneau was thinking putting Kovalev and Samsonov in 4 on 4 against a team like New Jersey confuses me. Also, the Canadiens got some decent shots off...but chances are a point blank shot is not going to go in on Martin Brodeur. We lacked in getting traffic and screens in front of him. Another thing that would have led to a victory would be sticking to the basics...its like we didnt have to make that extra pass...I remember one instance where Ninnemma has a chance to let it rip with a huge amount of traffic between him and Brodeur, and instead he dished it off to Souray which led to a wasted chance. I hope to see a much better team on Tuesday that shows up for three periods of hockey against Edmonton.

Wow, that was a gutless effort.

I thought they would have learned from last year that playing one period of solid hockey doesnt cut it.

I didnt even see a period of solid hockey from the Habs last night live... maybe from the sprees where they turned the pressure on each period would add up to a period total? Everyone was flat...Four Canadiens really played good...Huet, Bonk, Johnson, and Higgins. They were the only people out there who really seemed to want it. The Canadiens could have taken two points in regulation if they did all of the following (stay out of the penalty box---that 4 minute penalty from Latendresse, and that dumb one from Downey turned out to help NJ who plays a pretty disciplined game). What Guy Carbonneau was thinking putting Kovalev and Samsonov in 4 on 4 against a team like New Jersey confuses me. Also, the Canadiens got some decent shots off...but chances are a point blank shot is not going to go in on Martin Brodeur. We lacked in getting traffic and screens in front of him. Another thing that would have led to a victory would be sticking to the basics...its like we didnt have to make that extra pass...I remember one instance where Ninnemma has a chance to let it rip with a huge amount of traffic between him and Brodeur, and instead he dished it off to Souray which led to a wasted chance. I hope to see a much better team on Tuesday that shows up for three periods of hockey against Edmonton.

I would like to applaud the optimism found in each and every one of your posts! :clap: