Higgins out for at least 6 weeks!

Aebischer4life

6 weeks? WUSS!

I've torn my ankle 4 times - all quite badly - and I'm back playing soccer in a month. Now, it hurts like hell and I've been told it's not so bright, but sheesh! He has skates! :P WUSS!

FYI - in general, soft tissue injuries are healed within about a month, however they need strengthening, which accounts for the additional two weeks. If he came back early, like that soccer loser I told you about above, he'd risk reinjuring it - something I've done a few times. lol

In fact, I tore the bejesus out if it just this past summer - late July. I was back playing in late August. Stupid. After playing on it for three weeks, I ended up missing another month and even when I started playing again in early October, it still hurt a lot. It's only been the last two weeks that I've noticed huge improvement.

So. Don't rush back, Higgsy-boy. LOL

Lapierre deserves a call up more than Ak46 if we refered to the stats...

it will depend of what carbo and gainey think about them...

GET WELL SOON BABY!!! (baby = higgins)

I love Begin as much as the next guy, hes a great asset to this team, and he is really one of our 4 or 5 heart and soul type guys. Having said that, how can he honestly be the second option for first line duty? To me it should be Lats that is given the first opportunity, then maybe AK. If you dont like AK, then why not try Bonk or Perez up there? But Begin? Give me a break.

i really hope Lats works out, because i dont understand how Begin can be next in line. Anyone remember him missing a wide open net against the Leafs last year? The guy doesnt not have the hands of a first line player, bottom line.

Lapierre deserves a call up more than Ak46 if we refered to the stats...

it will depend of what carbo and gainey think about them...

GET WELL SOON BABY!!! (baby = higgins)

Maybe. I suspect that Latendresse's performance will directly lead to/affect the call up decision.

If Lat's does well it'll be Lapierre. If Lat's stumbles and finds himself on line 3 against T.O. we might see Kostitsyn.

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

This really hurts....and it hurts both our regular strength firepower and our penalty killing. It would be nice to see Ryder and Koivu wake up and pick up the slack, as it has felt like Higgins was carrying that line lately. But, like I said in an earlier thread, Higgins was playing so well that it's going to take a team effort to replace what he was bringing to the rink every night. There's plenty of room for improvement from a lot of guys, and there's no reason why this should result in a collapse. 2nd line will now clearly be the first line, and they will have to consistently produce. 3rd line will have to chip in more regularily too (I think Johnson and Bonk have it in him to net a few).

Did you read what I just wrote? Carbo said he'd use Begin if Latendresse doesn't pan out.

I heard that too. However, I think that's mostly for the next game (or two) until they can recall somebody else. If things don't work out for Latendresse on the Koivu line, there's no way a coach would put Steve Begin on the first line on a semi-permanent basis. he just doesn't have the skills, and besides, he failed miserably last season when he was given a chance to play such a role.

In that case, either Kostsitsyn will get a chance (assuming his back is heathy) or Carbonneau will shuffle his top 3 lines to move Johnson and/or Samsonov.

Ouch...that is a huge loss

Bring up AK 46...give the kid a chance!!!!

I dont agree with breaking up the first line after tonight...it looks like Latendresse stepped his game up tonight and I think hes a fit while Higgins is gone...Whatever decision is made...I support it 100%

GO :hlogo: GO

I believe Lats has shown last night that he deserves another shot on the top line. He played as well as anyone would of. I also think that Lapierre will most certainly get the call up. He more points than Kosty and is more agressive, which is what we need on the 3rd and 4th lines. He has also played a much better game in the minors all year and consistantly. It just wouldn't be fair to call up another guy who has done little to nothing, over a guy that has been working his ass off and producing. It would be illogical.

I believe Lats has shown last night that he deserves another shot on the top line. He played as well as anyone would of. I also think that Lapierre will most certainly get the call up. He more points than Kosty and is more agressive, which is what we need on the 3rd and 4th lines. He has also played a much better game in the minors all year and consistantly. It just wouldn't be fair to call up another guy who has done little to nothing, over a guy that has been working his ass off and producing. It would be illogical.

Well illogical or not it is how hockey works. Kostitsyn is a first round draft pick they are always given numberous chances for success. While later round pics ala "Ryder" work for years to get a realistic chance.

That said I would expect Lapps to get called up becuase Latendresse worked out well on the 1st line but if he would have faultered than it would have been Kosty's short for sure.