Game Thread | Florida vs. Habs | 11/28/06

Spider-Man NL

Well contrary to what others think tonight’s game was exciting I enjoyed it very much so there was good defense played but a fair amount of chances.

Also my record while attending games this season is still very nice 7-0-3 not to shabby if I do say myself. Also on my ride home I called into the Team 990 and won a prize for answering a trivia question.

Huet received 2 back to back standing ovations late in the third period.

Komisarek was amazing last night laying the body.

The Habs have 2 big games coming up (aren’t they all big) against Carolina and Toronto. The Habs shutout the Canes 4-0 earlier in the year and you can bet they are looking for redemption and the Habs have had 2 back to back terrible outings against the Leafs and they can not allow a division rival to dominate them.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well contrary to what others think tonight’s game was exciting I enjoyed it very much so there was good defense played but a fair amount of chances.

Also my record while attending games this season is still very nice 7-0-3 not to shabby if I do say myself. Also on my ride home I called into the Team 990 and won a prize for answering a trivia question.

Huet received 2 back to back standing ovations late in the third period.

Komisarek was amazing last night laying the body.

The Habs have 2 big games coming up (aren’t they all big) against Carolina and Toronto. The Habs shutout the Canes 4-0 earlier in the year and you can bet they are looking for redemption and the Habs have had 2 back to back terrible outings against the Leafs and they can not allow a division rival to dominate them.

Great record :clap: Keep going to :hlogo: game!

And what did you won? What was the trivia question?

Great record :clap: Keep going to :hlogo: game!

And what did you won? What was the trivia question?

Some 25$ voucher for a cleaning service in Montreal, I do not likve there but do have family that does.

The question was easy.......

Who broke Bobby Orr's record for most goals in a single season by a defenceman?

Answer Paul Coffey.

GOALS AGAINST AVG. GAA

1. Niklas Backstrom, MIN 1.92

2. Cristobal Huet, MON 1.93

3. Vesa Toskala, SJ 1.98

4. Dominik Hasek, DET 1.98

5. Miikka Kiprusoff, CGY 2.15

SAVE PERCENTAGE SV%

1. Niklas Backstrom, MIN .941

2. Cristobal Huet, MON .940

3. Vesa Toskala, SJ .930

4. Miikka Kiprusoff, CGY .928

5. Dwayne Roloson, EDM .924

Backstrom? I demand justice M'lud!

Does anyone know if Huet and Auld are credited with Shutouts for last night's game? Do goalies get shutouts when they don't get scored on during regulation and overtime, but do get scored on during the shootout?

Well a great job by Huet last night. I thought the game for the first 2 periods was a snoozer. Not much going on or really anyone doing anything. No reason to put a good bad list up because it was a double shut out. However i will make the following 2 comments.

The Habs are becoming the team of the past few years, relying too much on goaltending to get a win. Trying to get a 1-0 decision each night will cost them. It's great for Huet he is doing well but the other 18 on the ice on a given night need to pick it up and win games when the goalie isn't the first star. The players need to pick it up and start creating more offensively.

It's time for a shake up on the top 2 lines, maybe switching Kovy and Ryder, something needs to happen to create more offense. If i see the top 6 with the exception of Lats, turn away from the net 1 more time i'll scream. They pass up god chances to shoot, drive to the net to spin, turn around and turn over the puck. I think this is also why the Habs don't draw any penalties.

The habs can make a move to get a center, it's not a rumor posted just something that makes sense for 2 teams. Trade Ryder, Bouillon / streit and danis for Morrison and a pick. Both teams financially will break about even, Canucks need a scoring winger, veteran D and a back up goalie. The Habs desperatley need a center. I think that might be good for both teams. I'm sure i'll here i'm crazy but it's a deal that will help both teams.

Well a great job by Huet last night. I thought the game for the first 2 periods was a snoozer. Not much going on or really anyone doing anything. No reason to put a good bad list up because it was a double shut out. However i will make the following 2 comments.

The Habs are becoming the team of the past few years, relying too much on goaltending to get a win. Trying to get a 1-0 decision each night will cost them. It's great for Huet he is doing well but the other 18 on the ice on a given night need to pick it up and win games when the goalie isn't the first star. The players need to pick it up and start creating more offensively.

It's time for a shake up on the top 2 lines, maybe switching Kovy and Ryder, something needs to happen to create more offense. If i see the top 6 with the exception of Lats, turn away from the net 1 more time i'll scream. They pass up god chances to shoot, drive to the net to spin, turn around and turn over the puck. I think this is also why the Habs don't draw any penalties.

The habs can make a move to get a center, it's not a rumor posted just something that makes sense for 2 teams. Trade Ryder, Bouillon / streit and danis for Morrison and a pick. Both teams financially will break about even, Canucks need a scoring winger, veteran D and a back up goalie. The Habs desperatley need a center. I think that might be good for both teams. I'm sure i'll here i'm crazy but it's a deal that will help both teams.

On the bright side, Carbonneau is NUMBER 1 for win percentage for 1st year coaches. Nolan is number 2

Hasn't Nolan coached in the NHL before?

I thought the same thing when I saw that article. "Carbonneau leads Rookie Coaching Pack". I would say a rookie is an actual 1st year coach, NOT someone that has coached elsewhere and is in his first year with another team. Sheesh.

I thought the same thing when I saw that article. "Carbonneau leads Rookie Coaching Pack". I would say a rookie is an actual 1st year coach, NOT someone that has coached elsewhere and is in his first year with another team. Sheesh.

Are Julien and Vinny on the list too?! :wacko:

Huet is awesome. I have the feeling he's gonna save the boys asses a lot more times this season.