Vote for Rory!

mathieu30

THIS IS SOLELY THE NHL'S FAULT!

The problem is that every since i can remember no one who played in the all star game played to win. They were all smiles a lot of the time. If they were just competitive and tried to outplay their oponent like it meant something, then i would vote for the best players. The problem is that no matter who you get in there they all do the same stupid things. They dont play defense and they dont try hard. So weather you put Lidstrom in there or Fitzpatrick, it wont make a difference in the actual game and the entertainment value.

So what I have to say to Gretzky, Cherry or anyone who believes in intervention is it's too late, you should have thought about that before you guys treated the all-star game like it was a game for grannys who were afraid to get injured.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor Rory - so much pressure on him. A crowd of people will judge him no matter which decision he makes. And this whole situation was forced upon him.

Poor Rory - so much pressure on him. A crowd of people will judge him no matter which decision he makes. And this whole situation was forced upon him.

Yeah... that's like, I dont know, voting for a realy fat stupid ugly girl to be prom queen. In the end, it only underlines the fact that the girl is fat, stupid and ugly. And some poor chump is stuck having to dance with her.

It would be have been a funny thing if Rory had ended up 3rd or something... but voted on the starting roster now will only make people talk about how Rory isnt good and should step-down, etc.

Prank turned sour...

I think it's pretty funny, actually. It's just the All-Star game, it's not like Rory got voted into the Hall of Fame or anything - most players and fans don't take it too seriously, and I for one hope that he gets voted in and plays too.

It's really not about who you dance with at the prom, is who you bring home. Hollywood Hrudey has always been a sour mofo, the Great One really needs to focus on his own team (anyone else would've been fired by now for the job he's done with the Yotes), and Cherry is Cherry.

I think it's pretty funny, actually. It's just the All-Star game, it's not like Rory got voted into the Hall of Fame or anything - most players and fans don't take it too seriously, and I for one hope that he gets voted in and plays too.

It's really not about who you dance with at the prom, is who you bring home. Hollywood Hrudey has always been a sour mofo, the Great One really needs to focus on his own team (anyone else would've been fired by now for the job he's done with the Yotes), and Cherry is Cherry.

if he gets voted in, he'll play.

I don't know how much but he'll play.

GO :hlogo: GO!

Guess this is one way to cut the stupid high scoring down in the all-shots game. Never would want to play nets in one of these. Be like a pick-up game, only with the best of the best offensive players. No hitting, gentle defence.....Make it fan favorites and we get Tucker ( new Domi /Tiger Williams / Eddie Shack ) and Rory mixed in. Might end up being more interesting to watch if the top grinders played instead of the top play makers. Just a thought. Could be onto something, or am I just on something?

Why not the fans vote in 2 players from each team. Top 12 forwards 6 defence and 3 goalies in each conference make it? Make it a fans all-star game.

Might end up being more interesting to watch if the top grinders played instead of the top play makers. Just a thought. Could be onto something, or am I just on something?

Great... replace the All-Star game with a Roller-Derby...

Well as for not wanting to play goalie more than a few keepers have had periods where they alowed all but a single goal and there are also goalies who have posted goose eggs.

Yeah, but they aren't me ! ;)

I'd actually watch a Roller Derby.

Is Skinny Minny Mulligan still around?

I'd love to give anyone a place in the all-star game. How fun would that be?

Only problem as I see it is that if Fitzpatrick is starting D, then one of the other guys who's a legitimate choice that would otherwise be starting - eg Pronger or Lidstrom - will have to take one of the spots that the GMs (not the fans) pick. So instead of four open spots for players who are having great years, you effectively have three. And some poor schmoe like Philippe Boucher or John Michael Liles is going to miss out on his one chance in his career to put his kids or parents in the seats to watch him play an All-Star game. If I were that dude, I'd spend my whole mediocre rest-of-career thinking about that one.

Why should Fitzpatrick be in the All-Star game? I don't get it..Sure, the NHL lets fans vote, but they do that in the NBA too and you don't see injured players who haven't scored a point all year voted in.

It's just embarassing to the league and yes, embarassing to Fitzpatrick. He's going to play the rest of his career with everyone talking about how what a great joke this whole snafu was, and I bet he won't be too happy about it then.

The whole intent of the creators is questionable. What led them to pick the poor sap? Here's why - he's got all of zeros on his stats. 0 points, 0 goals, 0 assists, those jerks thought it would be funny to vote a guy with those numbers in.

For once, Don Cherry got it right. Rory, they ain't laughing with you, they're laughing at you.

Oh, and one more thing. Fitzpatrick's so high up because there's countless people voting more than once for him. Somehow I don't think there's people voting hundreds of times for Lidstrom and Niedermayer.

My Opinion has changed so many times on this...

But my current mind set is that if the rules are open for anyone to be voted in for each of the positions; and if the fans vote someone in; then what right does anyone have to prevent or say thing against the fans!

Afterall this game is about entertainment; and if the fans are entertained and want to vote for Rory then go for it!

I would prefer to see a Canadiens player like Huet!

i voted for him 5 times already, cant find anymore computers

you dont need to worry about that, you are encouraged(by the league) to vote as often as you want... the voting is unlimited... I voted 5 times in 20 minutes once...

you dont need to worry about that, you are encouraged(by the league) to vote as often as you want... the voting is unlimited... I voted 5 times in 20 minutes once...

........ The rest of my day will be spent next to my computer ^_^

ok.... so i voted for him once... where and/or how do i find out the status of the voting so far?

is there a site for that?

ok.... so i voted for him once... where and/or how do i find out the status of the voting so far?

is there a site for that?

The NHL has been releasing numbers every once in a while, next time they release I will post for you.

The NHL has been releasing numbers every once in a while, next time they release I will post for you.

The voting is now closed, and the results wont be released until next week.. it is during a game on versus, I beleive it is on the 9th