Roloson's Vicious Slash on Nash

habscout

One of the dirtiest slashes a goaltender could inflict upon any player happened in Edmonon December 2nd. While Rick Nash stood in the slot in front of Dwayne Roloson, the Oilers goalie brought his stick from its usual stance along the ice, and deliberately lifted the blade up violently between Nash's legs until it hit his cup. Rick dropped to the ice in agony, and Roloson was assessed a 2 minute slashing penalty. "I was in a lot of pain," Nash said. "That’s a dirty, dirty move. He hit someone where it hurts the most. That’s the first time that’s ever happened to me. I’ve been cracked in the back of the legs or in the back. That’s bad enough. But it’s a dirty move, spearing somebody between the legs. It’s unbelievable to me that he would do that." When asked later if the NHL should suspend or fine Roloson, Nash replied "It's a dirty move. I'll say that and leave it in their hands." I cannot believe that the league did not assess at least a fine against Roloson for this dirtiest of fouls. If more goalies or players decide it's worth a 2 minute penalty to inflict this type of pain on an opposing player, what will it take for the league to react appropriately?

Source: http://www.dispatch.com/bluejackets/blueja...1204-D9-01.html

Wouldn't you want something to be done if you got hacked in the stones?

If i was hit in the crotch by Dwane Roloson i would thank him and then kiss and shine his skates. Because of how sick nasty he is :D

the goalies have been roughrd up so often that it's about time somebody did something about it. I don't applause roloson's gesture but I can't say I wouldn't have done it.

and like you said KOZED, it's better than having a broken ankle.

you wanted to see a vicious goalie, you should have seen billy smith for the islanders back in the 80's...

he was a nasty piece of business... he was a leader on the ice but he was no model for young players...

GO :hlogo: GO!

you wanted to see a vicious goalie, you should have seen billy smith for the islanders back in the 80's...

he was a nasty piece of business... he was a leader on the ice but he was no model for young players...

Yeah, I remember Smith. He would take full two handed swings with his stick at the legs of the forwards standing in front of the crease - like he was chopping down trees.

Yeah, I remember Smith. He would take full two handed swings with his stick at the legs of the forwards standing in front of the crease - like he was chopping down trees.

and he used to get away with it more often than not, it seems...

i despised the way he played... i didn't even want him to be on my team, no matter how good he was and he was very good

Hextall was the same. Anyone remembers that two-handed ax-chop on Kent Nilsson in the 86-87 SCF? Nilsson gave up on the NHL and went back to Europe the next season.

Hextall was the same. Anyone remembers that two-handed ax-chop on Kent Nilsson in the 86-87 SCF? Nilsson gave up on the NHL and went back to Europe the next season.

i don't remember that specific incident but he's another one that i didn't want on my team - stuff like that doesn't out-balance good goaltending in my opinion

the only time i 'pulled for' hextall & the oilers was in the series where they took the oilers to the 7th game of the finals (or semi's) back in the 80's somewhere.

interestingly, i was listening to the game on the radio & headset while i was at my daughter's dance school recital... i was hoping that much for a flyers upset of the oilers.