Game Thread | Montreal vs. Buffalo | 12/19/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To make things better, Toronto got OWNED by florida, 7-3. Good job Panthers :clap:

Big red size 7 GAME ON post just to mark where the actual game starts in the thread.

Gotchya!

just a quick check, but i think this might be the best habs start (through 33 games) since 1982-83

(before that, 1979)

Yeah, I read that somewhere in the Gazette today! :D

Does anyone know how many Buffalo powerplays we've successfully killed off now?

Including tonights 4 I believe that is 26, in other words all of them this season. :D

Thats right we've held them goaless on the powerplays.

Hey aren't you the girl who was telling me about how LaPierres start wasnt that great? ^_^

Including tonights 4 I believe that is 26, in other words all of them this season. :D

Thats right we've held them goaless on the powerplays.

Hey aren't you the girl who was telling me about how LaPierres start wasnt that great? ^_^

Ummm, girl?

And no, I never said it wasn't great, but that you were overreacting after only two games. He's now played at a consistent level for four games. ;)

Ummm, girl?

And no, I never said it wasn't great, but that you were overreacting after only two games. He's now played at a consistent level for four games. ;)

Haha ok my bad, I thought that was a picture of you in your avatar and I don't know alot of guys who would call themselves...faerie.....

Maybe it would be the best if I didn't know why. :D

He's refering to your inner-self I guess... :P

:lol:

Haha ok my bad, I thought that was a picture of you in your avatar and I don't know alot of guys who would call themselves...faerie.....

Maybe it would be the best if I didn't know why. :D

Oh no, looks like I dropped the soap... :D

I think that's actually a guy in that avatar... a Finn I bet :P

Yepp, Jonne Aaron from Tampere, Finland from the Finnish band Negative.

Huge win, now the Habs have to destroy the Flyers on Saturday.

I'd rather prefer we 'destroy' them on thursday, that way we only have to play one game on saturday. ;)

Speaking of Philadelphia, does anyone have some more info on what happened with Martin Houle? In the Pittsburgh-Philadelphia game Antero Niittymaki got pulled after giving up 5 goals, Houle played 2 minutes and then, all of a sudden Niitymaki came back in. Houle didn't have to stop one shot (ok, then came that icing call, goalies couldn't change: 3 SOG-1 Rebound Goal).

This is what happened the days after that game in Pittsburgh:

Dec 15 Martin Houle (G) Sent to minors (Philadelphia-AHL)

Dec 16 Scott Munroe (G) Called up from minors (from Philadelphia-AHL)

Dec 17 Rejean Beauchemin (G) Called up from minors (from Philadelphia-AHL)

Dec 17 Scott Munroe Sent to minors (Philadelphia-AHL)

Dec 18 Rejean Beauchemin Sent to minors (Philadelphia-AHL)

Dec 18 Martin Houle Called up from minors (from Philadelphia-AHL)

:wacko::wacko::wacko:

Yeah i saw that match also on NASN. So weird (also that the goalies are seperated from the rest of the team in Melon Arena)

I think they wanted to give Niitymaki some breathing, he got a lot of pressure that game. And got blasted away. Unfortunate Houle got a goal against cuz niitymaki wanted to return, came back, but had to leave again for the bench cuz"(as you said) they werent allowed to change. I bet all the concentration was gone for Houle. Bad bad start, very unfortunate for the guy!

I'm glad he's gone from being the Avs play by play announcer. If I hear "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" one more time, I'll go nuts. Local FSN teams get the biggest homers, I should try out somewhere.

The Habs are playing well, but pull in the reigns a little bit guys. Seems everyone gets a little over the top, then the Habs drop a game, and everyone's ready to trade the goat of the game. I think this team has the largest collection of bipolar fans in the league.

no kidding!

by the way, who's ken wilson?

also, here's www.canadiens.ca's three stars:

Première étoile Christopher Higgins

Deuxième étoile Sergei Samsonov

Troisième étoile Ales Kotalik

interesting....

GO :hlogo: GO!

Someone be kind enough to explain what was being said by the RDS broadcasters last night after the game... I speak french, understand it well, but was was still cheering as the commentators made the following statement. Something about Lapierre having to visit the AHL for a few games...

Is there a rule requiring that Maxim L. heads back to Hamilton for a few games until a certain date? Or is it based upon someone else being sent ....somewhere...due to player/roster/$$$ limitations? Right now the guy is on fire and a total inspiration on that bench. I wouldn't change a thing right now...

Anybody know???

Huge win, now the Habs have to destroy the Flyers on Saturday.

I just hope we don't come out flat on against these guys, we seem to not be able to get up for the games that we Should win, as impressive as our record is this season, we should be able to knock off at least 4 losses from halfhearted efforts against lesser teams. In fact Philly shouldn't be able to beat Hamilton this year, I hope we don't forget that and come out firing.

Someone be kind enough to explain what was being said by the RDS broadcasters last night after the game... I speak french, understand it well, but was was still cheering as the commentators made the following statement. Something about Lapierre having to visit the AHL for a few games...

Is there a rule requiring that Maxim L. heads back to Hamilton for a few games until a certain date? Or is it based upon someone else being sent ....somewhere...due to player/roster/$$$ limitations? Right now the guy is on fire and a total inspiration on that bench. I wouldn't change a thing right now...

Anybody know???

well I didnt hear it, but my best guess:

out of lapierre/murray/downey/streit, only lapierre can be sent down without passing through waivers. Once Begin comes back, somebody needs to come off the NHL roster to keep it at regulation size (23). Therefore it is 'easiest' to send down lapierre...

well I didnt hear it, but my best guess:

out of lapierre/murray/downey/streit, only lapierre can be sent down without passing through waivers. Once Begin comes back, somebody needs to come off the NHL roster to keep it at regulation size (23). Therefore it is 'easiest' to send down lapierre...

Dear God I hope they don't send him down. Lose Murray or Downey on waivers instead. This guy bring a lot to our team. Did you see the 4th line last night??? He was amazing and he works SO hard.

I'm thinking of adding him to my "favourite habs" list...

I couldn't agree more... the only issue, let' face it, he's dying to make the roster... Hope he wouldn't get too comfortable, too easily calling the Bell Centre 'home'.

...But, his A numbers recently are perfect, so... I'm praying for a great habs related Christmas present.

Somebody go get the name plate made for the locker room...pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssse!

Would that be called a Maxim-um Chrsitmas .... :D ?

J

Solid win again. I agree C-love, the Habs have a way of winning the big one then laying an egg against the worst team in the league. The flyers beat them the last game, so motivation should not be a problem.

They started off standing still again last night, they took off the second period tonight, i little variation from the norm but when they were on they played very well. The second line looked pretty good as well, good opportunities, defiensively ggod as well. When the Habs don't take dumb penalties and get to role 4 lines they really do well. Nice job Ninimaa as well.

I think i would start Aebi thursday back to Huet Saturday.

I'd rather prefer we 'destroy' them on thursday, that way we only have to play one game on saturday. ;)

Speaking of Philadelphia, does anyone have some more info on what happened with Martin Houle? In the Pittsburgh-Philadelphia game Antero Niittymaki got pulled after giving up 5 goals, Houle played 2 minutes and then, all of a sudden Niitymaki came back in. Houle didn't have to stop one shot (ok, then came that icing call, goalies couldn't change: 3 SOG-1 Rebound Goal).

This is what happened the days after that game in Pittsburgh:

Dec 15 Martin Houle (G) Sent to minors (Philadelphia-AHL)

Dec 16 Scott Munroe (G) Called up from minors (from Philadelphia-AHL)

Dec 17 Rejean Beauchemin (G) Called up from minors (from Philadelphia-AHL)

Dec 17 Scott Munroe Sent to minors (Philadelphia-AHL)

Dec 18 Rejean Beauchemin Sent to minors (Philadelphia-AHL)

Dec 18 Martin Houle Called up from minors (from Philadelphia-AHL)

:wacko::wacko::wacko:

I think the Philly GM just likes playing musical chairs. :lol: