Game Thread | Canadiens de Montréal vs. Thrashers d'Atlanta | 01/18/07

Spider-Man NL

???

Must have missed those 'stinkers'. Did the Big Three play 4 bad games in a row ever?

Ron Fournier trying to stir it up about Markov - but just turned it into 'Carbo has guts to bench his best D.' Nice recovery.

I was not necessarily referring to 1977. That would be ridiculous. But other years in the 70's (earlier too) they did tend to have a little season nap nevertheless. Call it what you want. The reason I used that era was to RAELLY drive home my point. Ranked arguably the greatest team in history and they had their "dog days" too. Never enough to keep them down, they were too good for that. Losses tended to occur during the same time in the season. December or January.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you know whats going to happen tonight???? ill tell you whats going to happen!!!!

imma gonna put on my Higgins Tshirt,my signed Habs Jersey, drink from my habs beer mug and sport my habs hat....

the habs tonight are going to kill the slump....we shall never hear word of this "evil doing slump"

Tonights the night Dammit!!!

GO HABS GO

LE TRICOLORE JUSQU'AU BOUT!!!!!!!!!!

called it again...

Ok I was impressed by the energy level in tonights game. Specially, Kovy was like a flying frenchman, I'm sure he has russian citizenship still and would probably return to his usual speed 1st gear..., but I liked seeing his 5th and 6th gear on every other shift tonight. Now mind you I did watch Canadiens Express which was quite fast to begin with, but that was very enjoyable without the commercials. Four quality goals may have done the trick too but thats a nice step in the right direction... lets keep it up.

GO HABS GO!

Excellant chemistry on the Kovy, Plex, Lats Line, the Bonk, Johnny, Sammy line was impressive. Higgs, Koivu, Ryder are close to finding the fun again and the energy line of Laps, Streit, Perez has its moments.

I liked spreading out our Russian Compliment, it seemed to work well tonight.

I'll give credit to Carbo and the Coaches for this win.

GO HABS GO!

Edited by Chips

I'm just listening to Darude - Sandstorm, Rob Halford - Resurrection, Star Wars - The Imperial March, Styx - Crystal Ball, Queen - It`s A Kind Of Magic, U2 - Where The Streets Have No Name, Rocky Soundtrack - Gonna Fly Now, Coldplay - Fix you, Steve Winwood - Back In The High Life Again and more.

The music is like a beer(tonights win) after a disgusting pathetic day at (the losing streak)work

:hlogo: hampagne & beer :lol:

Back In The High Life Again

called it again...

I'm gonna pick up a 6-pack of Molson to help get them through this. They're 3-0 when I've watched the Habs while drinking Molson. (Though, one doesn't count because it was a week old tape my parents mailed to me at school last year. :lol: )

I called it too. :P

The shots were not indicative of the play I thought he Habs played really well although the Thrashers had sine great chances early Huet was incredible but I enjoyed the Habs were concerned with creating offense tonight the defense were jumping in and helping the forwards. If it were not for one mistake by Markov Huet would have had a shutout. I can not believe Kovalev only scored one goal he should have had at least 3 or 4 which is really great because if he is going it takes a ton of pressure off of the rest of the team.

Samsonov was amazing tonight.

Plekanec was great as well but the pass that Latendresse gave him was so smart what great awarness.

Aside from Huet, I thought Johnson was the best player on the ice, followed by Kovalchuk, and then Gui..............also, and I never thought I'd be saying this, but Bonk's presence DOES make a difference. Good team effort.................QUESTION: Did Carbo bench Rivet for a while after taking that penalty in the first?

and all's well in the world again

Amen

Aside from Huet, I thought Johnson was the best player on the ice

Speaking of Johnson, after 48 games he has an impressive plus/minus of +12.

Not one mention of Plekanec and another multi point game, you guys really don't appreciate that guy. He is doing a hell of a job centering the second line when people used to call him cement hands and everyone blamed the second line problems on him. <_<

He has improved, no doubt. But that doesn't change how awful he was the first two months of the season...he really did play like his hands were encased in cement in the offensive zone for quite awhile! Glad to see he is finally loosening the grip on his stick and getting the puck to do what he wants it to. Nobody would be happier than me if this guy was able to contribute offensively on a regular basis...but...I need to see a lil' bit more of this improved play out of him before I'm sold.

Aside from Huet, I thought Johnson was the best player on the ice, followed by Kovalchuk, and then Gui..............also, and I never thought I'd be saying this, but Bonk's presence DOES make a difference. Good team effort.................QUESTION: Did Carbo bench Rivet for a while after taking that penalty in the first?

Nope Markov was benched at the begining of the second though for a bit.

Craig did miss a shift or two in the third I believe.

three stars... trois étoiles...

1 - huet

2 - latendresse

3 - johnson

on canadiens.com, the three stars... trois étoiles are:

1 - huet

2 - souray

3 - kovalchuk

GO :hlogo: GO!

I don't want to take the wind out of everyone's sails, but the bottom line is that 45 shots is horrible. We can not expect Huet to play that every night. We need to tighten up our defense.

It works for now, but if we ran into goaltender problems, the Habs would quickly fall off the map.

However, a win is a win and I am in a better mood.

Not one mention of Plekanec and another multi point game, you guys really don't appreciate that guy. He is doing a hell of a job centering the second line when people used to call him cement hands and everyone blamed the second line problems on him. <_<

That's a great point. It is safe to say that dollar for dollar Plekanec is our best forward this year. When you break down points and +/-, he is actually producing more than any other player on the team....when considering dollars and cents. That's pretty impressive.

*puts away noose*

OUCH! But yeah, it's really a relief that they won. And I love the new 2nd and 3rd lines. Now next game, I'd like to see points for Koivu and Higgins too.

I'm pretty sure Markov was getting his lip stiched and not benched.

did he get a puck or a stick in the mouth??? and he wasn't playing until about 12 minutes into the second, so maybe stitching AND benching???