2007 UFA'S

(zore)

A list of 2007 unrestricted free agents...

Forwards

F Teemu Selanne (ANA)

F Vyacheslav Kozlov (ATL)

F Keith Tkachuk (ATL)

F Chris Drury (BUF)

F Dainus Zubrus (BUF)

F Daniel Briere (BUF)

F Ray Whitney (CAR)

F Scott Walker (CAR)

F Michal Handzus (CHI)

F Peter Bondra (CHI)

F Joe Sakic (COL)

F Fredrik Modin (CLB)

F Eric Lindros (DAL)

F Ladislav Nagy (DAL)

F Matthew Barnaby (DAL)

F Robert Lang (DET)

F Tomas Holmstrom (DET)

F Kyle Calder (DET)

F Kirk Maltby (DET)

F Petr Sykora (EDM)

F Petr Nedved (EDM)

F Todd Bertuzzi (DET)

F Jozef Stumpel (FLA)

F Martin Gelinas (FLA)

F Radek Bonk (MTL)

F Mike Johnson (MTL)

F Paul Kariya (NSH)

F Scott Hartnell (NSH)

F Scott Gomez (NJ)

F Jason Blake (NYI)

F Richard Zednik (NYI)

F Chris Simon (NYI)

F Viktor Kozlov (NYI)

F Randy Robitaille (NYI)

F Ryan Smyth (NYI)

F Brendan Shanahan (NYR)

F Mike Comrie (OTT)

F Peter Forsberg (PHI)

F Mike York (PHI)

F Sami Kapanen (PHI)

F Shane Doan (PHX)

F Mike Ricci (PHX)

F Owen Nolan (PHX)

F Jeremy Roenick (PHX)

F Mark Recchi (PIT)

F Gary Roberts (PIT)

F Bill Guerin (SJ)

F Radek Dvorak (STL)

F Jamal Mayers (STL)

F Ruslan Fedotenko (TB)

F Michael Peca (TOR)

F Jeff O'Neill (TOR)

F Nik Antropov (TOR)

F Jan Bulis (VAN)

F Brian Smolinski (VAN)

F Trevor Linden (VAN)

F Donald Brashear (WSH)

Defensemen

D Teppo Numminen (BUF)

D Roman Hamrlik (CGY)

D Patrice Brisebois (COL)

D Darryl Sydor (DAL)

D Mathieu Schneider (DET)

D Danny Markov (DET)

D Chris Chelios (DET)

D Aaron Miller (LA)

D Jaroslav Modry (LA)

D Sheldon Souray (MTL)

D Andrei Markov (MTL)

D Kimmo Timonen (NSH)

D Brian Rafalski (NJ)

D Tom Poti (NYI)

D Sean Hill (NYI)

D Chris Phillips (OTT)

D Tom Preissing (OTT)

D Scott Hannan (SJ)

D Craig Rivet (SJ)

D Eric Brewer (STL)

D Jamie Rivers (STL)

D Cory Sarich (TB)

D Brent Sopel (VAN)

D Sami Salo (VAN)

Goalies

G Dominik Hasek (DET)

G Jussi Markanen (EDM)

G Ed Belfour (FLA)

G Mathieu Garon (LA)

G Mike Dunham (NYI)

G Robert Esche (PHI)

G Curtis Joseph (PHX)

G Manny Legace (STL)

G Johan Holmqvist (TB)

10 players I would like Bob Gainey to look at: (in our price range)

1. Andrei Markov - we need to resign him.

2. Chris Drury (BUF) C/LW - would look good centering a line with Higgins

3. Scott Gomez (NJ) C - 2nd line center who can play a system

4. Sean Hill (NYI) D - very steady d-man with some offensive upside

5. Cory Sarich (TB) D - can hit and hit some more

6. Bryan Smolinski (VAN) C - could be 3rd line center if we can't fill the #2 void

7. Gary Roberts (PIT) LW - leadership and toughness, something we need more of

8. Danny Markov (DET) D - would rejoin Andrei as Russian team linemates

9. Teemu Selanne (ANA) RW - a pipedream

10. Jozef Stumpel (FLA) C - a last option at center

Who do you think we should go after?

Edited by (zore)

Guys Id be interested in...

Defencemen: Hannan, Modry, Rafalski, Brewer and of course Andrei Markov

Forwards: Doan, Kozlov, Blake, Gomez, Hartnell, Kariya, Bertuzzi, Nagy, Briere Drury

Unfortunatley the question is more of who will come to Montreal instead of who does Montreal want?

After Shanahan's snub and the fiasco with Samsonov, nobody will want to come to Montreal and if they did the cost would be prohibitive.

The team is getting younger, I would be stunned if they signed an older vet. The team doesn't need one. They need someone in there mid to late 20's with leadership, physical and a good skater.

Hannon and Timonin are the 2 i would go after.

Only Markov should be resigned.

I'm not sure Briere is interested in going to Montreal ; I'm sure he is happy with his Family in Buffalo (less pressure there than in Montreal), he may win the Cup with the Sabres (although I don't think Sabres will win it), and he may get a big contract .

If we want Briere, we have to let Souray go (along with other players, Abby, Niinima)

I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's gonna be tough ; Bob Gainey must prepare a nice "french canadien pride" speech

Edited by rafikz

I'm not sure Briere is interested in going to Montreal ; I'm sure he is happy with his Family in Buffalo (less pressure there than in Montreal), he may win the Cup with the Sabres (although I don't think Sabres will win it), and he may get a big contract .

If we want Briere, we have to let Souray go (along with other players, Abby, Niinima)

I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's gonna be tough ; Bob Gainey must prepare a nice "french canadien pride" speech

i woulndt be surprised to see Briere go to Philadelphia along sides with his good friend Biron...and as for montreal i dont think they pushed to get him...out of the 30 teams montreal are the only ones who didnt make the phone call ...

i woulndt be surprised to see Briere go to Philadelphia along sides with his good friend Biron...and as for montreal i dont think they pushed to get him...out of the 30 teams montreal are the only ones who didnt make the phone call ...

I've read rumors (although one of them was Ek, I think) that Biron is trying to convince Briere to sign in Philly.

I don't know where you got this list, but it isn't very up to date. Doan and Brewer I know for a fact resigned with their teams for multiple years, and those are just the ones I noticed off the top of my head.

I don't know where you got this list, but it isn't very up to date. Doan and Brewer I know for a fact resigned with their teams for multiple years, and those are just the ones I noticed off the top of my head.

Speaking of re-signings, a couple Colorado stations last night reported Sakic has re-signed for another year right after the game. Theres a state of the team address today where Avs fans are thinking it will be announced.

Just to stop the incredibly asinine people who think Sakic will sign somewhere else. :)

SIGNATURE LINE??????

:o My lawyer is about to get rich - seems that more people are sampling my long time signature...... :blink::rolleyes::(

Edited by beliveau1

Speaking of re-signings, a couple Colorado stations last night reported Sakic has re-signed for another year right after the game. Theres a state of the team address today where Avs fans are thinking it will be announced.

Just to stop the incredibly asinine people who think Sakic will sign somewhere else. :)

Confirmed by AM 950 KKFN The Fan Sportsradio in Denver and the Denver Post. 1 year deal, financial terms not yet known. Probably $5.75 mil again unless he agreed to a discount. Press Conference in 12 minutes.

Confirmed by AM 950 KKFN The Fan Sportsradio in Denver and the Denver Post. 1 year deal, financial terms not yet known. Probably $5.75 mil again unless he agreed to a discount. Press Conference in 12 minutes.

I think it might be lower. Not much, maybe just $5 mil. But any extra room helps.

*goes around trying to find a stream of the press conference*

Wow, I figured Sakic was the kind of guy who would take less money to help the team out. He's already made his millions.

Yeah, me too. He wasn't involved at all though so I'll just blame his agent and be on my way. I think it's still just speculation anyway.

Wow, I figured Sakic was the kind of guy who would take less money to help the team out. He's already made his millions.

maybe he was offered the money before he asked for any.

Who cares what we think? I have enough trust in Bob Gainey and the organisation as a whole to deal with the plethora of UFAs very effectively.

you're right. I give him a mulligan for last year.

Who cares what we think? I have enough trust in Bob Gainey and the organisation as a whole to deal with the plethora of UFAs very effectively.

Good for you..........as for me I dont share your trust for now.