Record: 12-8-4 (8th in West)
Scratches: Wingels
Injuries: Setoguchi, Demers, Wallin, Huskins

Puck Drop: 2:00 PM EST
TV: CBC, RDS
Radio: CJAD, CKAC

Note: I am terrible at finding lines.

Edited by dlbalr

Would it be very wrong to test Cammalleri with Eller and Pouliot? Or has it already been tried?

It'd be an intriguing combination and no it hasn't been done. However, I'm not sure it's worthwhile taking Darche away from Eller/Pouliot, that line is great for secondary scoring. Also, coming off a 5-goal game, I'd be surprised to see any changes to the forwards.

I've added the starting goalies into the first post as well as a couple of SJ notes (injuries/scratches).

Anyone know our record for the dreaded afternoon game?

I don't know our record but if you think an afternoon game is bad for the Habs, consider the fact that it's technically a morning game for the Sharks. Of all the teams to schedule an afternoon game against, this is one of the last teams you'd think of.

One thing that sucks with benching P.K. is not even hockey related.

Afternoon games are the games where the fathers bring their kids with them. I doubt these kids are happy with JM's decision...

4 games without a regulation loss.

Habs aren't bad.

Pouliot-Eller-Darche was our best line today. I would say to replace Moen on the second line with Eller or Pouliot but I wouldn't want to break up the chemistry those three have.

Habs aren't bad.

Pouliot-Eller-Darche was our best line today. I would say to replace Moen on the second line with Eller or Pouliot but I wouldn't want to break up the chemistry those three have.

I waited for 6 weeks for their typical collapse, but when you look at their even strength shot totals

and that their at the top of the league in defense it offers a different feel to the previous teams.

Price is getting all the credit (just like he used to get the blame), but this team has improved defensively

and when you add in his elite play, I think this team is better than any team they have had (including 2008)

since the 90s.

Nice win by the Habs. I lved the fact that we didn'T sit on the 1 goal lead going into the 3rd period.

Once again, Carey was great and our D played well.

I would say to replace Moen on the second line with Eller or Pouliot but I wouldn't want to break up the chemistry those three have.

I would like to see Pouliot on the second line, but like you said, i wouldn't want to break up a good 3rd line. Also, by playing on teh 3rd line, Pouliot doesn't have to face the same kind of pressure as if he were on the 2nd line...

I love how during the intermission, Thornton says, "Ya we are dominating, we should be able to keep them to 5 shots this period." He was so smug. Then he takes a 4 minute shift, makes the bad pass to the point and is too gassed to catch up to Hammer. I was so happy that he was the one that blew their chance to tie it!

Another excellent game by Weber. There were no PP, so it's hard to evaluate his potential on this unit for the moment. Anyhow, after two games he is is +3 and has two assists. I think that he has made great progress defensively, particularly on the physical part of the game. Very impressive. I guess that Boucher and his colleagues deserve a lot of credit for that.

I don't know who will be benched, but it won't be him, obviously. I guess that Martin will go with the same line-up until we lose a game. Subban will have to be patient.

Once again, Pouliot, Eller and Darche had an excellent game. I am so glad to see those players getting some credit for their hard work.

And what about Price? When you think that a lot of "experts" had doubts about his talent and ability to play in the NHL. Unbelievable!

It wasn't pretty, but the team as a whole gave themselves a chance with solid defensive play. When you consider it was the 3rd game in less than 96 hours, they played pretty smartly.

I do also like that when Price has a brief lapse like on the only Sharks goal the team just kind of shrugs it off and sticks to their guns. There's this unbelievable belief in what they're doing out there, in each other, that they really couldn't give a damn about weird events.

The Sharks are like that, too. They won't let this game bother them and they'll continue to do the things they do to win games. That was what was really behind Thornton's comments. He's been like that for a couple of years, overwhelmingly positive in the face of a possible defeat. Some see this happy go lucky guy that doesn't care about winning, or know how to do it, but I honestly think it's a misread of his personality.

As for the Markov LTIR space, we can be pretty coy about using it at this point. We've got a kid scoring goals in Hamilton that might be able to help us out at some point this year, just like we had a d-man in Hamilton doing the same that is now helping us out. As for P.K., I don't think he'll be forgotten about like Boyd. But we do have 7 d-men now that we can play. Or at least it appears that way... Weber will have growing pains, too. It seems like being able to practice with the team the past two weeks has helped him... before when he played, he was called up and put right into the fire and couldn't handle it. He's more experienced now, but I think just practicing with the team has made him more comfortable.