Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

I hope Bozon is best of bunch and is only 2nd year WHL and younger, which seems to be proven to mean alot down the road (producing at a younger age).

Scouts thought so, but i am sure Lipon/Ranford will get an offer or Lipon goes back in draft and gets chosen and Smith wasnt taken till 7th round.

Nystrom is at PPG pace how competittive is Swed junior league?

Nygren at -2, so maybe still not so good own end or bad team?

I hope Bozon is best of bunch and is only 2nd year WHL and younger, which seems to be proven to mean alot down the road (producing at a younger age).

Scouts thought so, but i am sure Lipon/Ranford will get an offer or Lipon goes back in draft and gets chosen and Smith wasnt taken till 7th round.

Nystrom is at PPG pace how competittive is Swed junior league?

Nygren at -2, so maybe still not so good own end or bad team?

Swedish junior league is probably below the USHL in terms of talent, but I havent seen a lot of games, (the odd one or two over 5 or 6 years so I'm not entirely sure)

Nygren, I'm not sure either, SEL games are notoriously hard to find online. I know he was bad when I saw him last year, but who knows now?

After stapling this kid to the bench for most of the season, Frolunda has finally done something with Collberg.

They have loaned Collberg to Örebro HK of the Swedish Allsvenskan (2nd division).

Finally he'll get some icetime.

I saw a Top 100 prospect ranking (a Corey Pronman created/published ranking), which i just quickly separated by team.

You can quibble over rankings a bit, but still seemed to be pretty fair overall,

With Minni and Detroit having top 2 strongest/deepest pools of blue-chippers (each having 4 in his top 50 and couple others) and Habs/Jets/Boston/Buffalo basically looked equal (flip a coin) in the 8th to 11th range, which also seems bout right. (Detroit was a surprise to me).

And was just too funny/sad that Columbus was still in bottom half of league after all these crappy years and top picks, not sure who is drafting for them or bad trades they have made, but talk about mismanagement.

Olivier Archambault with another goal tonight 7g 13 pts in 14 games.

He's been dreadfully inconsistent in the past and that was the issue with him, as he's got talent. I'll need to see some more games to make sure he's bringing the consistency, but if he finds that; he's got talent at LW.

Bozon's team won what could only be termed a nail biter, an 8-1 victory over Brandon. Bozon had 2 goals and an assist to give him 24 points on the year in 14 games. He sits quite a ways behind 1st (35 points) and 2nd (32 points) though.

Danny Kristo played his first game of the season, picking up 3 assists (one on what I believe was his first shift of the year) while being named first star. Mark MacMillan was held pointless but led all North Dakota players with 4 shots.

Galchenyuk has 3 points (a goal and two assists) and curiously isn't one of the stars in a 4-1 win over Brampton. Vail's team lost 5-2 but Vail set up both Windsor goals. They now sit tied for 5th and tied for 9th respectively in OHL scoring.

It was also a good day for the Swedish prospects. Collberg had a goal, his second in three Allsvenskan games. Erik Nystrom also potted a couple of goals while Magnus Nygren scored as well.

Galchenyuk has 3 points (a goal and two assists) and curiously isn't one of the stars in a 4-1 win over Brampton. Vail's team lost 5-2 but Vail set up both Windsor goals. They now sit tied for 5th and tied for 9th respectively in OHL scoring.

It was also a good day for the Swedish prospects. Collberg had a goal, his second in three Allsvenskan games. Erik Nystrom also potted a couple of goals while Magnus Nygren scored as well.

I was at the Gally game in Brampton.

The three stars was a joke.

First star was Reid Boucher. The same Reid Boucher who fanned on a Galchenyuk pass with a wide open net in the second period. The same Reid Boucher who went in on a two on one with Gally in the first, Gally gave him the puck... Boucher tried to pass it back, would have been an easy one timer and goal for Alex, but the pass was 3 feet behind him.

Seriously Galchenyuk's teammates are SOOOOOO Bad.

The only one worth his salt is the 17 year old Goldobin. I hope they put Galchenyuk on a line with him, because i think it would be dynamic.

As for Gally, there were times he tried (and succeeded) in stickhandling through 3 or 4 defenders, and then when he'd look for a pass, no one would be open, so he'd circle the net and do it again. It was ridiculous the way he controlled the game when he was on the ice.

Best game I've seen him play yet... .just unreal.

It's nice that the Galchenyuk worries were mostly a joke and only the Canadiens fans you wish picked a different team as a child were taking it serious.

Galchenyuk will be top 10 in the OHL with a terrible team. Might make top 5 after the Sting trade him for a wack job of draft picks.

Nice to see McKinley Bennett has 5 points in 5 games, maybe he will be a leader now that his buddy Pateryn has moved on?

Nice to see Kristo is off to hot start with the 4 assists, can he get 25+ goals this year?, i would think is an nice achievable goal for him (barring injury)?

Nice to see Kristo is off to hot start with the 4 assists, can he get 25+ goals this year?, i would think is an nice achievable goal for him (barring injury)?

25 might be asking a bit much. 25 goal scorers in the NCAA are somewhat rare. His team plays a 42 game schedule so his personal max is 40 after suspension and he didn't score in the first two. To get 25, he'd need to score a fair ways over 0.5 GPG (0.66 as he'd need 25 in 38 games), a mark he has yet to achieve in 3 NCAA seasons. I think he can get to 20, even a goal or two past it but 25 may be difficult.

News and notes from today, Charles Hudon returned to practice today for the first time since suffering a concussion earlier this month. Darren Dietz (undisclosed) isn't expected to play tonight as the Blades finally return to action, he's DTD.

25 might be asking a bit much. 25 goal scorers in the NCAA are somewhat rare. His team plays a 42 game schedule so his personal max is 40 after suspension and he didn't score in the first two. To get 25, he'd need to score a fair ways over 0.5 GPG (0.66 as he'd need 25 in 38 games), a mark he has yet to achieve in 3 NCAA seasons. I think he can get to 20, even a goal or two past it but 25 may be difficult.

News and notes from today, Charles Hudon returned to practice today for the first time since suffering a concussion earlier this month. Darren Dietz (undisclosed) isn't expected to play tonight as the Blades finally return to action, he's DTD.

Super to hear Hudon getting closer to return.

Kristo had 15 goals as a freshman, 19 last year, so really 20 would be a let down (stagnation, or however you put it) as a senior and leader of a strong team and one who has also stated winning the Frozen Four Championship is why he didnt turn pro. So would be nice to see some progression at least, in the short seasons Gionta managed to rack up much higher than 25 at BC (i know Kristo may not be same catagory, but dont expect 30+goals neither), but still even Pacioretty had 15 goals as a freshman in 37 games, so surely a senior, who some give good odds to be in Hobey Baker running should be expected to crank it up a bit?

Bozon had another assist but better to see him +2 in a 2-2 game.

And both blade d-men got on scoresheet yesterday and Dietz offense continues to improve and is now 15th in WHL d scoring and he also is a -8, but even Duncan Siemans is a-9.

Habs need friggin goal scorers much more than anything else and have for 20 years. But Kristo will be what he will be i suppose and is 1 PPG over his 3 years in NCAA, with more assists than goals, but i am still expecting a big year from him and 50+ points with 25 goals would be about what i had expected (hoped for him).

Well, some thought Vail may have more offensive upside in him.

Now up to 7th in OHL scoring, doubt anyone would of predicted he would do this well and be on pace for 85-95 points (and be ahead of AG, who has played a couple fewer games)

Kamloops finally lost, bound to happen

Nygren and Nystrom both seem to be producing and Nygren is now +5 which is encouraging also.

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker