Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

This is a tournament full of 2014 draftees.

Our top 2 picks in 2014 were Scherbak and Lernout. Both were late birthdays and thus are not eligible for this tourney.

Our top 2 picks in 2015 were each the last cut from their team.

Artturi Lehkonen has signed a one year extension with Frolunda in the SHL. Considering how well he has played this year, it's not too much of a surprise. Montreal can still sign him this offseason during the transfer window if they want to bring him over but it sounds like they're on board with him staying one more year (they'll have to sign him or lose him after that time).

Makes me bit nervous but if Habs are on-board with it, fine by me.

Whats gonna happen next year with the bad son, who is playing in Swiss league?

(Lehkonen with 1a yesterday, 6pts +5 in last three games)

Whats gonna happen next year with the bad son, who is playing in Swiss league?

He doesn't have a contract anywhere as of yet. I would hope the Habs have reached out to his agent (or plan to) before Reway goes and signs a new deal for next season. He should have plenty of suitors in various leagues though.

Could he fit in a trade package, or is his potential upside more valuable than his trade worth?

Anyone can fit in a trade package. I can't see him being the centrepiece of a deal but there will be teams that see his skill and would take a chance on him. But, I'd still say his potential/upside is greater than his trade value. That said, given the long list of attitude/entitlement issues, I could see the Habs simply cutting bait and using him as a throw-in piece in a bigger deal.

Bradley scores his 13g (only had 17 last year), now has 5 game goal scoring streak and scored in 6 of last 7.

Juulsen gets OT winner, Koberstein his 1st NCAA point, McNivan gives up 5 on 34shot loss in OT.

When does the CHL make most of their trades, right after WJC?

Anyone in the WJC can't officially be dealt until they return from the tournament.

I know the OHL deadline is Jan. 11th. The others will be around there too.

Will any hab CHL kids get moved?

Straight up guesses but here's who I think could go:

Medicine Hat (Bradley) is out of the playoffs right now, maybe he gets moved if they're looking to start a rebuild?

Ottawa (Addison) is believed to be moving Konecny soon - they're in a playoff spot though. Addison could turn pro next year so maybe they look to get something for him now?

Bourque from Rimouski was speculated to be available a couple of weeks ago. They're only a point out of the division lead though so I'm not sure they'd want to move him.

Sherbrooke (Audette) has struggled this year - with Audette already signed with Montreal for next season, he could be a likely candidate to move.

Of the above, maybe one or two actually get dealt though.

Watched Juulsen's game, he had couple scoring chances but he air-mailed puck over top of net (will fit right in with Habs shootin like that). But he made lots of simple smart defensive plays, which was encouraging to see, he wasnt shy to be physical and toss his weight around and as the commentators noted he plays much bigger than a 185lber.

Bradley had 1a 1g (GWG), 2nd star game and has scored in 8 of last 11gms. Up to 14g 28pts now, only had 17g last year.

Newly appointed captain Simon Bourque had 2g and was 1st star of game, now has 8g 30pts, after 10g 38pts season last year.

Reway had 1g 1a after missing last couple games sick

Evans had 2a, 17pts in 20gms, matching his freshman total.

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker