Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

I watched a bit of the first period of the Northeastern - Notre Dame game to get a look at Montreal prospect Jake Evans. He got an assist on the second goal. He looked a lot more comfortable in the offensive zone than he did in his own end where he gave the puck away pretty easily near his net. He also looks a fair bit bigger than he's listed (6'0). Either that, or his linemates are small.

Saw him play couple times last year and he stood out in a good way (not head and shoulders, I am obviously a bit biased, but very good for a freshman for sure).

HabProspects show 2a in game now, in 3-2 game at end of 2nd at the moment. (10pts in 9gms now, which is solid production).

There's another chance to (potentially) see another of the college prospects tonight as TSN2 is showing Boston University vs Providence. Hayden Hawkey plays for the Friars but there's no guarantee he starts between the pipes.

Speaking of goalies not playing, McNiven was in uniform for the OHL-Russia game but didn't play. He'll also be available for their second game next week but again, I think he'll strictly be the backup.

There's another chance to (potentially) see another of the college prospects tonight as TSN2 is showing Boston University vs Providence. Hayden Hawkey plays for the Friars but there's no guarantee he starts between the pipes.

Speaking of goalies not playing, McNiven was in uniform for the OHL-Russia game but didn't play. He'll also be available for their second game next week but again, I think he'll strictly be the backup.

Yeah, if they didn't give him in time in a game in Owen Sound, I doubt he gets any time in the 2nd game either.

Yeah, if they didn't give him in time in a game in Owen Sound, I doubt he gets any time in the 2nd game either.

We're both wrong, McNiven got the start tonight. The OHL is down 1-0 in the 2nd; the goal wasn't McNiven's fault (cross crease tap in on a 5-on-3 after Roland McKeown had his trademark dumb penalty...every time I see him play, he takes a bad penalty).

What is to become of this kid?

(So I assume now he is free and clear to report to AHL anytime now?)

His contract in Switzerland is only for the remainder of this season (which is what it was with Sparta as an extension never got done). He'll be able to go to the AHL (in theory, I can't see him ever wanting to play there) as soon as his NLA season is up.

His contract in Switzerland is only for the remainder of this season (which is what it was with Sparta as an extension never got done). He'll be able to go to the AHL (in theory, I can't see him ever wanting to play there) as soon as his NLA season is up.

I have read several times that providing for his family is a big priority, so whoever pays the most, that's where he will go. I haven't given up on him yet.

Reway is on the second line for Fribourg in his NLA debut against Bern. He's centering veteran Benjamin Pluss and Killian Mottet. Former Hab prospect Alain Berger is on the 4th line for Bern.

Edit: He finished with an assist, a -2 rating, and 5 shots in a 4-2 loss. Apparently he was largely responsible for one of Bern's goals.

There's a link in French on the main page with a small interview with Reway. The highlights: He didn't rule out playing in the AHL last season and he had no contact with the Canadiens at the time of his move to the Swiss league. According to Reway, he hasn't been in contact with anyone from the Habs in 11 months.

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker