Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Why does the Q seem to start long before WHL/OHL?

More time off between games, I suppose? All three seasons end at the same time so by starting earlier, there are more days off. The way their setup works though, it punishes the teams that have NHL-drafted prospects as rookie tournaments and training camps will pull top players away from their teams as the regular season begins.

Guest Stogey24

Hey... sniper Reway gets his 1st g in his 6th game.

Maybe should have been practising his wrister this summer instead of lounging poolside with his Pina coloda

Lehkonen held off scoresheet today in 4-1 win, listed as 2nd line and had 1 shot. I think Frolunda had 4 PPGs.

(maybe Habs need to hire their PP coach as a consultant?)

Simon Bourque was back in the lineup the other day, picking up an assist. The other two junior leagues saw their preseason action start up last night but none of Juulsen (concussion), Bradley (might be injured), or Addison (healthy) played.

Reway has a goal so far today in Champions League play against Geneve-Servette. Former Hab prospect Daniel Pribyl, who is on Reway's team, has a goal and an assist. Reway is listed as on the front line with Jaroslav Hlinka and Petr Kumstat. In goal for Geneve-Servette is none other than everyone's favourite former Hab prospect Robert Mayer.

• Upvote 1

Reway got 2g today.

lil Lehkonen had 1g 2a and was GWG in 4-1 win.

(frolunda 13g in 36pp...36.1% not bad)

Lehkonen has 6pts in 4 CHL games, was listed as 3rd liner.

Commandant mentioned Lehkonen played centre last game?

All I noticed was that he was listed as 3rd liner and had 3pt game.

(there is English website for CHL, if interested in highlights and stuff; championshockeyleague.net )

Do Habs have any input where he plays on a SHL team or any team but their own AHL farmteam?

Maybe Habs can suggest, hint or ask for a favour at most? But I think Frolunda is Forsberg's team and maybe he wouldn't appreciate Habs interfering?

Do Habs have any input where he plays on a SHL team or any team but their own AHL farmteam?

Maybe Habs can suggest, hint or ask for a favour at most? But I think Frolunda is Forsberg's team and maybe he wouldn't appreciate Habs interfering?

When Lehkonen was a free agent overseas, he apparently consulted with the Habs prior to signing the two year deal with Frolunda. In terms of playing time, I'm sure Montreal could request a certain role/position but the club wouldn't be obligated in any way to do so.

Look back at McCarron in juniors. When word came out late in 2013-14 that London was trying him at C, the Habs weren't thrilled at the time. They didn't step in though and ask the Knights to keep him on the wing. I don't think they ask for much of other organizations unless circumstances really warrant it.

Wonder why they didn't like McCarron getting experience at centre?

My guess is that they envisioned him as the big, bruising winger and in a season where he was already struggling while getting acclimated to a new league, working in a position switch was asking a lot. As it turns out, McCarron did well and not surprisingly, their public stance seems to have changed. That said, I wouldn't be shocked if he was back on the wing in the next couple of years, especially if Semin/Kassian have short stays in Montreal.

McCarron must have less the zero chance of lining up vs Leafs opening night eh? Given Habs pretty much have a full house of NHL signed forwards.

Or...is there a chance he is a human wrecking ball and destroys Weise and Pelly in training camp? Or simply outplays them in camp/pre-season and suits up.

McCarron must have less the zero chance of lining up vs Leafs opening night eh? Given Habs pretty much have a full house of NHL signed forwards.

Or...is there a chance he is a human wrecking ball and destroys Weise and Pelly in training camp? Or simply outplays them in camp/pre-season and suits up.

He'll have a small chance but the best case scenario is that he goes to the minors. They've called him a long-term project from the moment they drafted him and he hasn't vastly surpassed expectations to the point where he'll be NHL ready right away. That won't stop people from being giddy about him when he throws a couple of hits in the first preseason game though.

5th rounder Matthew Bradley is expected to miss at least the next couple of weeks after having a benign tumour removed from his nasal cavity. The exact date of the surgery isn't known but this might have to do with his non-attendance at the rookie tourney.

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker