Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

There's little doubt he'll be with St. John's next year.

Good to hear, Hudon is more or less 1 year older, so kinda assumed he do likewise and would make the jump.

Good to hear, Hudon is more or less 1 year older, so kinda assumed he do likewise and would make the jump.

Gregoire, McCarron, Lernout, maybe even Scherbak next season. So much young talent with Bozon already there. I hope we get them away from Lefevbre and get Groulx.

Gregoire, McCarron, Lernout, maybe even Scherbak next season. So much young talent with Bozon already there. I hope we get them away from Lefevbre and get Groulx.

Groulx seems popular choice for graduation to Pro level eh.

Groulx seems popular choice for graduation to Pro level eh.

He already has been an AHL head coach. It wasn't pretty and involved a player revolt but he has been there already. I'm not Lefebvre fan but considering how Groulx seems to be a coach that rubs a lot of players the wrong way, I may actually prefer Lefebvre to him.

Might they carve out Lebeau and keep Sly and Dufresne?

And Groulx wouldn't take an AHL assistant role eh?

I'd like to see Lebeau gone too. I'm more hopeful that happens than Lefebvre.

I can't see Groulx taking an AHL assistant role. Perhaps an NHL one if it was offered but if he's in the AHL next year, it's highly likely that he's a head coach.

Fucale 1st star of game with easy 5-1 win, 8 in a row and up 3-0 in semi-finals.

Listened to bit of game , Moncton PBP guy was commenting Quebec defense were playing great.

Fucale held onto the shutout and Quebec is off to the QMJHL finals.

Some WC tidbits, Bozon will not play for France as it looks like he's opting for rest over playing. I can't help but think the Habs had a hand in that decision considering Bozon already has played at the Worlds once before so there probably would have been a spot for him. It doesn't seem like the Swiss are holding a spot for Andrighetto either.

Reway survived the next set of cuts today for the Slovaks though. They have 14 forwards on the roster at the moment (which is how many they'll take) but if there are some late NHL additions, he still could get cut.

Some WC tidbits, Bozon will not play for France as it looks like he's opting for rest over playing. I can't help but think the Habs had a hand in that decision considering Bozon already has played at the Worlds once before so there probably would have been a spot for him. It doesn't seem like the Swiss are holding a spot for Andrighetto either.

Judging by his Instagram, I think you're right. The pic is of an obscene amount of supplements and Bozon's statement that he's ready for his summer workout. I'm guessing the Habs told him to bulk up.

Judging by his Instagram, I think you're right. The pic is of an obscene amount of supplements and Bozon's statement that he's ready for his summer workout. I'm guessing the Habs told him to bulk up.

This year was all about proving he can still play hockey. Next year is all about whether he can one day be a Hab. I'm rooting for him. I get the vibe he's gonna be our third line LW for 10 seasons and score multiple playoff OT winners.

With a win tomorrow, McCarron will be off to OHL final.

That will make a few fans upset as some are holding out hope that the Habs will bring McCarron up once he's eliminated. (I can't see that happening but some are still hoping they do...)

Reway survived the next set of cuts today for the Slovaks though. They have 14 forwards on the roster at the moment (which is how many they'll take) but if there are some late NHL additions, he still could get cut.

There were NHL additions and Reway was cut to make room. He's sick although there were reports of he and the coach not seeing eye to eye, something that isn't a first either. This means there are no Habs at the Worlds. I can't remember the last time that happened; even if the Canadiens were in the playoffs, one of their prospects was always playing.

Just hope he isn't a headcase, but seems a bit that way.

Some of the concerns I'm reading stem from showing up late to practice, showing up hung over to practice...which is still better than the issues from a few years ago where he simply didn't show up for practice on the U-18 team. He has plenty of talent but it sure sounds like his maturity needs a whole lot of work. This all said, the team is saying he's sick but it's a three week tournament - if they wanted him there, they'd hold a spot while he recovers from his flu bout.

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker