Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Does Oshawa have much of a chance vs McDavid?

So both Quebec and Rimouski are going to memorial cup eh? That's how it works isn't it?

Does Oshawa have much of a chance vs McDavid?

So both Quebec and Rimouski are going to memorial cup eh? That's how it works isn't it?

Oshawa was the #1 ranked team in the CHL for a good chunk of the season. They finished 3rd overall, Erie 5th. That's not the best barometer but it's far from a David vs Goliath matchup either.

As for the Q, yes, both Quebec and Rimouski will be Memorial Cup-bound.

I watched the Otters series clincher vs the Soo, and gotta say that they sure showed how to put away an opponent! The Otters were relentless, kept coming in waves, and were just rabid out there. And I can't say enough great things about Mcdavid..except that he's a true leader already. What a performance! The Generals will have their hands full for sure.

McCarron gets a PPG (8th) in 1st period. 2-0 Oshawa.

Fucale with 28saves after 2nd, up 4-1 and looks to be going something like 13-0-1 for past month or so and barring a collapse should go up 2-0 in Q-finals.

I already had a good feeling about McCarron. I am even more impressed with the young man after reading this interview: http://oshawaexpress.ca/viewposting.php?view=7901

Big Mac is not only big and strong, he is also intelligent. The young man knows his weaknesses and is willing to work hard to get better. With such a good attitude, no doubt in my mind that the odds are good that he will make it to the NHL.

Oshawa kicks ass again, McCarron 1a in a 5-1 beating.

Must really be shutting down McDavid?

2 more wins and we get to watch both Big Mac & Fucale at memorial cup once again.

(Fucale's Q-final game #3 is on Sportsnet 360 today)

McCarron had nice goal but better assist, good game for the big galoot. Not sure he looked so good on their PK, but coach must think so.

Fucale with 36save Win, Remparts up 3-2 in finals and play again tomorrow.

(They are already matched vs Kelowna in opening Memorial Cup game next Friday)

Excellent commentary about McCarron from Alain Chainey, a former Quebec Nordiques scout, excellent athlete himself, between the periods of the Oshawa-Rimouski game, this afternoon in Quebec City.

Chainey really likes what he sees in Big Mac. According to him, he has the tools to become an excellent 3rd line center. He is really surprised by the quality of his hands and believe that with time he can even center a 2nd line. Particularly impressed with his face-offs skills. His skating is also adequate for such a big man, but there is room for improvement. His involvement in the game is first rate. All in all, a very promising prospect, really improved from what he had seen earlier.

Good news.

• 1 month later...

Lukas Vejdemo didn't make Sweden's roster for their entry into the summer Lake Placid tournament (a tune up for the WJC's). He is, however, the first replacement should there be an injury up front.

Being drafted doesn't necessarily get you onto any wjc roster. How many '15-drafted Canadian boys will make it? Maybe 4-5? I suspect Sweden is no different. The Lake Placid tournament is basically the first tryout for each of the four teams entered. I would think that 80-90% of the roster will be selected after this tournament. I'm 90 minutes away from LP and have been to many of these games. Trust me when I say this: The boys play this tournament like it's make or break for them!

Sorry still don't understand that post?

He is 19 not 17/18 and if he was as good as Timmins 'hints' Swedish mgmt. would have him there, barring injury or something like that.

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker