Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Daniel Audette hot again

1g 1a yesterday and 2g 2a in a 4-3 lead 3rd period

21pts in 12 games

Reway & Lehkonen chip in 1a each today.

Odds are low that Audette will make it as a pro. Reway and Lehkonen are better bets.

I guess Reway is re-signing with Sparta?

Czech Republic has always ratified NHL-IIHF transfer agreements so no big deal.

Same as say getting JDLR out of Sweden or Lehkonen out of Sweden now.... we will still be able to sign him, the question will be if we will be able to send him to the AHL if he doesn't make the NHL team or do we have send him back to czech team

Nygren has 1g 2a and sits with 9pts in 12 SHL games and more surprising is that he is +9 which is #1 in SHL d-men.

He is 2nd in d-scoring and 3rd in icetime 23:10.

Guest Stogey24

Nygren has 1g 2a and sits with 9pts in 12 SHL games and more surprising is that he is +9 which is #1 in SHL d-men.

He is 2nd in d-scoring and 3rd in icetime 23:10.

I still hope he comes back. Just for the fact I liked to see what he can do.

Same as say getting JDLR out of Sweden or Lehkonen out of Sweden now.... we will still be able to sign him, the question will be if we will be able to send him to the AHL if he doesn't make the NHL team or do we have send him back to czech team

I'm not 100% sure on this but the NHL contract should supersede any contract with the other team and I don't think there are direct assignment clauses within an SPC that says if a player is assigned, it has to be to the international club team. (They can do a wink wink agreement but nothing in writing.) As a result, it would be Montreal's discretion as to where to assign Reway if he were to sign with Montreal, even while under contract in the Czech League. They chose to let Nygren and de la Rose play in Sweden while on ELC's a couple of years ago but I believe it's within their rights to force them to the AHL and suspend them if they don't report/want to go back home. I think that's the case with Ottawa and Mikael Wikstrand right now, a player on an ELC where the team wants him in the AHL and he wants to play in Sweden. He's not playing right now.

Forget contract talks for Reway. He informed his agent that he doesn't want to play for Sparta Praha now over complaints about his ice time. In response, the team has sent him to their second-tier league. I'd imagine they'll look to work out a transfer in the not-too-distant future. Add another line to the ever-growing list of his head scratching decisions.

Official statement of Sparta Prague: "Martin Reway has been temporarily reassigned to Benátky nad Jizerou (Czech first league). The player told through his agent that he doesn't want to play at Sparta in this moment. Playing for this team should be a honour for every player and in this situation there is not much we can do but release the player from the team. Due to this valid contract with the team he has to realize the priority of playing at Sparta and what Sparta has done for him in his hockey career. Then we can talk about his potential return to the team."

Reway's agent:

"Martin loves hockey and he wants to play more [minutes] and he doesn't feel that kind of support in Sparta. Because of this we requested Sparta about possibility of a trade to another team."

Forget contract talks for Reway. He informed his agent that he doesn't want to play for Sparta Praha now over complaints about his ice time. In response, the team has sent him to their second-tier league. I'd imagine they'll look to work out a transfer in the not-too-distant future. Add another line to the ever-growing list of his head scratching decisions.

Kid has an attitude problem. He's young and might mature but I get a Daigle vibe from what I read on him. Super talented and no idea what to do with it. He needs a mentor.

Nygren I say will never play a game for the habs... he's a little older, came to NA twice and flamed out twice. He also plays RHD, a position where we have Subban and Petry locked up for a long time, and have Pateryn making his way into the league. We also have a ton of prospects at that side in Juulsen, Dietz, Ellis, Lernout, and Thrower, so even if he does come back, he's in tough. Best bet is to trade him if you can.

Reway might have a chance if he wakes up.

Reway might have a chance if he wakes up.

He's super talented but falls under a category with us of super talented undersized prospects.

He's 5'7", 5'8" with an attitude problem and near elite puckhandling. When he gets his act together, he's dealing with a matured Artturi Lehkonen, who will have put weight onto his 5'11' frame, Daniel Audette, who has nepotism in his favour to go despite 5'8", and of course Sven Andrighetto, who has tasted some NHL but is one of our top scorers in the AHL at 5'9", 5'10".

Then you got Jeremy Gregoire, Lukas Vejemo, Tim Bozon, Charlie Hudon, Mike McCarron, Nikita Scherbak and anyone else we draft in the next two years that could bump him out of every making up this lost ground.

I'm getting the feeling he'll be the type of guy playing in Europe until he's 27, then try to come to the NHL.

He's super talented but falls under a category with us of super talented undersized prospects.

He's 5'7", 5'8" with an attitude problem and near elite puckhandling. When he gets his act together, he's dealing with a matured Artturi Lehkonen, who will have put weight onto his 5'11' frame, Daniel Audette, who has nepotism in his favour to go despite 5'8", and of course Sven Andrighetto, who has tasted some NHL but is one of our top scorers in the AHL at 5'9", 5'10".

Then you got Jeremy Gregoire, Lukas Vejemo, Tim Bozon, Charlie Hudon, Mike McCarron, Nikita Scherbak and anyone else we draft in the next two years that could bump him out of every making up this lost ground.

I'm getting the feeling he'll be the type of guy playing in Europe until he's 27, then try to come to the NHL.

He honestly might have the most pure talent of any of those guys, with the exception of Scherbak. Pure talent, he's got it. the question is between the ears, and right now it appears to be an issue.

I believe its all up to him... if he matures, he can beat all those guys out.... if he doesn't, he'll fall to the wayside.

More to the story....

If you are leading the league in points, and the team isn't playing you, you might have a legit gripe.

Reway was getting less than 13 minutes per game on average, and only about 9 minutes was 5 v 5 time. Seems he was getting good ice time on the powerplay, but was often benched at even strength.

Its also important to note he wasn't the one who went to the media... he went to his agent... who then went to the team. The team then demoted him and went to the media.

I'm not sure what more the kid is supposed to do.

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker