Line combinations?

SOOPAVILLIN

A couple of changes at practice today, take note of who isn't on a regular line:

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Weise

Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Gallagher

Eller - de la Rose - Thomas (yes, Eller's the LW)

Prust - Malhotra - Bournival

Also, Weaver practiced in Gilbert's usual spot.

Searching guy named 'Sekac' - 404 not found

facepalm,.jpg

g i v e m e b e e r.

Maybe our great thinker should try our lad on 1st line instead of Weise? Oh just try Michel.

A couple of changes at practice today, take note of who isn't on a regular line:

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Weise

Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Gallagher

Eller - de la Rose - Thomas (yes, Eller's the LW)

Prust - Malhotra - Bournival

Also, Weaver practiced in Gilbert's usual spot.

Eller is on his way out.

Guest Stogey24

Eller is on his way out.

I'd like to see him moved too, but think of how small this team is up the middle without him. Plus he's like top 20 in leauge in faceoff % with a pretty good contract too.

Maybe Sekac is on way out? :blush:

Or maybe a relax day for him is it?

He would do well to see a game or two in the press box. I don't think MB get more than a third round pick for him, and he has a higher ceiling than that. I would hang onto him. He might have one of these Eller/Moen/Bourque-esque post seasons.

Sekac had a great game vs Philly, I thought he was the best Hab that night, at least in terms of energy and physicality and puck possession... can't see him on his way out at all.

Eller? Yeah, he even looks like a guy on his way out.

Two things I would like to see during the next ten games. Weaver get some starts to get his timing back. Dlbalr idea. Tokarski to get more starts to force the team to work on some bad habits than Price would otherwise bail them out of.

On his way out? Why would they trade him?

Just heard he is likely a healthy scratch for tonight.

DeLaRose playing center on third line with Eller bumped to wing.

Manny back in centering Bournival and Prust.

MT probably just letting Sekac watch a game or two from the press box. He responded last time that happened. Season is a grind and the kid is still learning.

Guest Stogey24

If I might suggest... For an upgrade...

Its his first year in the league and he's shown glimpses of excellence. Not to mention he's extremely cap friendly.

Was just a joke about Sekac!

As he was the one on the outs at practice, when Eller was moved to wing it was stated "Eller is on his way out"

Bergevin would have little reason to trade him, as his value in trade wouldn't = what he may bring to Habs in future and he is young & cheap.

Guest Stogey24

Was just a joke about Sekac!

As he was the one on the outs at practice, when Eller was moved to wing it was stated "Eller is on his way out"

Bergevin would have little reason to trade him, as his value in trade wouldn't = what he may bring to Habs in future and he is young & cheap.

My bad, sarcasm in text goes way over my head.

Its his first year in the league and he's shown glimpses of excellence. Not to mention he's extremely cap friendly.

For sure. I believe he is a keeper. Raw but very talented with speed. However i have not seen too many players develop real well under MT.

Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Subban, Beaulieu, Price, Eller, Emelin would of developed better under some other coach? Hmm...always possible but not sure what basis there is for that? :blush:

Some are trying to figure if same goes for Yakapov. Is it simply coaching/Mgmt that is issue, or is he simply gonna bust no matter who he plays under?

Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Subban, Beaulieu, Price, Eller, Emelin would of developed better under some other coach? Hmm...always possible but not sure what basis there is for that? :blush:

Some are trying to figure if same goes for Yakapov. Is it simply coaching/Mgmt that is issue, or is he simply gonna bust no matter who he plays under?

lol Therrien has nothing to do with Prices success. Subban tied a 40 year old Montreal Canadien record of 14 goals for a rookie defenseman when MT was still an unemployed coach cutting up the habs on a Montreal radio station. PK was half way to winning a Norris trophy before MT got his feet wet in the dressing room . Next you will be telling me he groomed Crosby into the player he is too. Gallagher is the same player he was in year one. Chucky has improved i will agree with you there. Eller is not progressing. Emelins best season was two years ago. His game has declined big time. Although not playing with Markov probabaly has alot to do with it. Beauilue is progressing under MT. Before you therrien lovers jump all over me i am not ripping him for working and developing young players poorly, just saying it aint his strong suit. Relax.

lol Therrien has nothing to do with Prices success. Subban tied a 40 year old Montreal Canadien record of 14 goals for a rookie defenseman when MT was still an unemployed coach cutting up the habs on a Montreal radio station. PK was half way to winning a Norris trophy before MT got his feet wet in the dressing room . Next you will be telling me he groomed Crosby into the player he is too. Gallagher is the same player he was in year one. Chucky has improved i will agree with you there. Eller is not progressing. Emelins best season was two years ago. His game has declined big time. Although not playing with Markov probabaly has alot to do with it. Beauilue is progressing under MT. Before you therrien lovers jump all over me i am not ripping him for working and developing young players poorly, just saying it aint his strong suit. Relax.

Here we go again. Therrien has nothing to do with the success of Price, Subban and Crosby. But yet is at fault for the "lack" of development to other players. I think the proper way to look at the success of the players is by looking at how the TEAM is doing. It's not all about personal stats, it's about wins. From Therrien all the way to Bergevin to Molson, they have implemented a TEAM first concept. This is the best Habs TEAM in decades and I couldn't be happier

• Upvote 1

glad to hear you "could not be happier" a subject for another post on happiness woud be fine.

My comments stemmed off comment regarding up upside on Sekac. Hopefully MT will be good for him. Not a huge fan of MT and have stated my reasons. Wont regurgitate.

Yes habs have the best team they have had in years (considering they stunk for years i would say thats no miracle) i am enjoying this season more than those losing years too. If you could thank one player person for this years place in the standings it would be Price, then Pax, then PK and Markov, ....Therrien is doing better than i thought he would. He is actually closer to your assessment of him than mine. You said he could do the job, i said he couldnt......he has proven you right and me wrong. For that am as happy as you Willy. :thumbs_up:

• Upvote 1

Therrien was quoted today that he was experimenting with Galchenyuk on the RW since that is where most of his goals come from. Interesting experiment to say the least.

to small a sample size at center to say where "most of his goals come from" I would think.

How about experimenting with him at center for more than a week.............becaUSe thats where ALL "his goals came from" before he got to Montreal.