Could Big Bert Be A Good Fit With The Habs?

The-Habby2919

Now that the Canucks are out of the playoffs Spector has said on his site that Nonis will be "blowing up" the core of Bertuzzi, Naslund, and Morrison. Nonis wouldn't trade Bertuzzi at the deadline because he couldn't get a good return for him since they were still in the playoff hunt. But now that the Canucks are out and they will need more cap space to sign Jovo like they want to, does anybody think that Bertuzzi would be easier to get now for a lesser return?

:hlogo:

please no not Bertuzzi in a Habs uniform...

(This thread seems to get created every six weeks)

Maybe he's not the perfect fit, but I would have prefer to get him 10X over Aebischer.

A change of scenery might be great for him though, look at what it did for Theo so far.

What as it done for Theo so far?

He's 1-1 with a 2.77 GAA and a 0.882 SV%...those are as bad as when he was in Mtl !!!

Also, in the game he replaced Budaj for which he as no decision, he played really bad and didn't maintain the Avs in the game by giving up 3 more goals on 19 shots.

If you were implying that Theo is doing well with Colorado...you better check your facts...he's not playing well at all and the Avs have a better team then the Habs.

As for Bertuzzi, I don't want that guy on my team. He's over rated and on a downward spiral. Besides, we don't need a winger, we need a center.

I'm not totally against the idea of getting Bertuzzi, but I don't think he's what we need. We should put our priority on replacing Ribs by a top center.

I didnt mean look how well hes playing but now he doesnt have all of the problems in Denver that he did in Montreal. If Bert could get away from all of the problems that he had in Vancouver im sure that rebound some. As for the 2nd line center problem, id say get Arnott.

As for Bertuzzi, I don't want that guy on my team. He's over rated and on a downward spiral. Besides, we don't need a winger, we need a center.

I'm not totally against the idea of getting Bertuzzi, but I don't think he's what we need. We should put our priority on replacing Ribs by a top center.

I dunno... Look how well Ribs has stepped it up with Kovalev.. Put Bert on the other wing and imagine the possibilities...

He's 1-1 with a 2.77 GAA and a 0.882 SV%...those are as bad as when he was in Mtl !!!

Also, in the game he replaced Budaj for which he as no decision, he played really bad and didn't maintain the Avs in the game by giving up 3 more goals on 19 shots.

If you were implying that Theo is doing well with Colorado...you better check your facts...he's not playing well at all and the Avs have a better team then the Habs.

What the hell?

Theo is playing great for us, he's the only reason we had to chance to win last night. And he had a solid game against Phoenix, we just don't know how to play a full 60 minutes. That 3rd period can't and won't be blamed on Theo. It's happened to every Avalanche goalie this season atleast 2 to 3 times. We like to leave guys out to dry in the 3rd on occasion.

Why is anyone even arguing this, he's only started one game.

No thanks. From rumours coming out of Vancouver and the way the analysts talk, this guy is cancer. Bad attitude, and he can't figure out why people are still booing him. This guy has no remorse over what he did, and only cares about himself.

Even if he could help Montreal, I wouldn't want him in the lineup. But I'm sure somebody somewhere will take him.

Besides you can see it now. Bertuzzi goes into a slump and the fans will easily turn to booing him, and razing him about the Moore thing. Theres too much pressure in Montreal for someone like him. He'd crack

He definitly would have some of the positives elements our team needs but if you combine the facts

that he is not an '' ideal '' choice for our team and that he is not available as an UNRISTRICTED free agent...

than the answer is no.

We need a forward proven scorer and if we have to settle on a winger over a center I would prefer

an Elias or an Affinogenov for free over giving anything in return for Big Bert..........as for Boby Clark I hardly see how he could resist the temptation of gettingt such a player aboard his battleship.

The Habs could use some more size, but I hope it is not Bertuzzi. It would cost us too many prospects and too many dollars. I'd rather see the Habs make a pitch for Jason Arnott.

A change of scenery might be great for him though, look at what it did for Theo so far.

Wow.. I was expecting to see Heatley's name there but fine.

Bertuzzi is poison. I live in Vancouver, take my word for it - bad mouthing the coach, sulking whenever things don't go his way, taking stupid, undisciplined penalties...who needs it?

If we can get him for a song, then sure. But Souray (which was the big rumour)?? FORGET IT!!!!!

I thought he had 2 starts and a 1-1 record.

He did play well against Calgary and had little work against Pho.

Thats right, he was in the Minnesota game. I keep thinking that was all Budaj.

Phoenix had a few good chances in the 1st and 2nd and he made some real pretty saves.

How about Thornton? He's a bigger bonus to SJ than Theo is to Colorado. Not putting Theo down. He's looked sharp but Thornton deserves mention.

Bertuzzi I suspect will go to Toronto. They love the contravercy. Why not? They could get Avery too. :D

Bertuzzi is poison. I live in Vancouver, take my word for it - bad mouthing the coach, sulking whenever things don't go his way, taking stupid, undisciplined penalties...who needs it?

If we can get him for a song, then sure. But Souray (which was the big rumour)?? FORGET IT!!!!!

YEah its just mostly negative things you keep hearing about Bertuzzi. Never heard about the bad mouthing of coaches, but I'd believe it.

No way do I want this guy on the Habs roster. Elias would definitley be a better choice, but he'll probably command $5.5 to $6 million per year. Some dumbass GM will pay that for him, and New Jersey won't be able to match

Bertuzzi ... I would only now cause his value is going down!

hEY Tampa better beat them canes!

I didnt mean look how well hes playing but now he doesnt have all of the problems in Denver that he did in Montreal. If Bert could get away from all of the problems that he had in Vancouver im sure that rebound some. As for the 2nd line center problem, id say get Arnott.

But he would get in an even worse Hell in MTL so I doubt if he has any reasoning he'll ask Nonis to trade him anywhere but MTL... I see him going to TO

bert will be a better fit with :hlogo: or any other team than with the canucks right now. he needs a new start like Dany Heatley got in Ottawa, so that he can play like the star that he is. I am a huge bert fan and yet, i know that staying with the canucks is the worst thing for him. and as for the people saying he will be treated worse in MTL i totally disagree because look at Brad May. he was the one who said "there is a bounty on steve moore's head" and now he plays for colorado and is loved.

I really don't think a star forward is in Bob's plans. He has developed and is developing too many in the system. Maybe a 2 way defenceman but I don't expect anything overwelming happening.

Edited by johnnyhasbeen