Advanced Stats Bluff?

Lucic is still Gallagher's buddy.

Claude Lemieux was more classless than Lucic, wasn't he?

Habs and most teams would jump at chance of getting the Serbian-Canadian.

If Milan Lucic was an unrestricted free agent, I'd want Montreal to sign him just to watch the reaction in Boston. It wouldn't matter if he sucked. It'd be like if Cam Neely was a Hab.

Lucic goes beyond dirty play. Lucic is a classless act in all facets of the game, from his handshake-line antics, to his nut-spearing incidents, to how he gets angry and threatening whenever someone dares beat him to the puck (which happens a lot, because he's slow.)

Claude Lemieux threw some nasty hits, and I wasn't a fan. But with Lucic there's not even any pretense of being a sportsman.

Lucic goes beyond dirty play. Lucic is a classless act in all facets of the game, from his handshake-line antics, to his nut-spearing incidents, to how he gets angry and threatening whenever someone dares beat him to the puck (which happens a lot, because he's slow.)

Claude Lemieux threw some nasty hits, and I wasn't a fan. But with Lucic there's not even any pretense of being a sportsman.

Lemieux was so bad, he would dive to draw a penalty, flop on the ice and Hab trainers wouldnt even bother going on the ice. I think he invented the Turtle position, but he antagonized and was hated by so many it was a necessity.

I think anyone who says they wouldn't LOVE Milan Lucic on their team is kidding themselves. Is he a superman? Of course not, but he is one of the most intimidating players in the game, can legitimately beat the snot out of 99% of players on the ice, AND can play bona-fide top-6 hockey. Is he loathsome? Sure. Is he a huge asset to your hockey team? 100%.

• Upvote 1

Nope, no way I want that caveman Luchicken in our locker room... stupidity abounds from the lad.... I like him right where he is, on a hated but respected rival, him being a Bruin makes the Habs better against them.

I know, I know.... <_< but seriously.... not me.

for several years I've wished he were on the habs..not so much anymore. the guys an idiot who continually puts his own vendettas over the teams goal. no thanks...a lucic clone, minus the ahole attitude? yes, in a second

I admire the depths of your hatred for this jerk...but I still think you're kidding yourselves. Any GM in the game would grab him in a split second, and we'd be stupid not to.

There are a few players I've always hated and would never want to be a Hab. Eric Lindros was one. Seeing him wear a Habs sweater at his wedding was really conflicting for me. I liked it because it was a father in law having fun but at the same time the kid in me was boiling in rage. Always hated Cam Neely. Always hated Darren McCarty. I still don't like Joe Thornton or Steve Downie, never want to see them as Habs. I used to love Vincent Lecavalier but that stopped around 2009. Now I never want him to ever become a Hab. Brad Marchand as a Hab would be annoying.

Also any player that takes #25 and isn't a great player I will hate and send hatemail to...

If I am a GM and I'm given the choice of one defenseman and one winger to build my team around, I am taking 26 year old Lucic and 30 year old Chara. Hate them both, it their dominance cannot be ignored.

There are a few players I've always hated and would never want to be a Hab. Eric Lindros was one. Seeing him wear a Habs sweater at his wedding was really conflicting for me. I liked it because it was a father in law having fun but at the same time the kid in me was boiling in rage. Always hated Cam Neely. Always hated Darren McCarty. I still don't like Joe Thornton or Steve Downie, never want to see them as Habs. I used to love Vincent Lecavalier but that stopped around 2009. Now I never want him to ever become a Hab. Brad Marchand as a Hab would be annoying.

Also any player that takes #25 and isn't a great player I will hate and send hatemail to...

I would add Heatley, Jagr, Cammalleri, Brisbois, Domi, Desjardins (he was OK player, just couldnt stand him as a Hab, hat trick was one good thing he did)

I would add Heatley, Jagr, Cammalleri, Brisbois, Domi, Desjardins (he was OK player, just couldnt stand him as a Hab, hat trick was one good thing he did)

Forgot about Heatley and Domi. Yeah them too.

As for players I always wanted on the Habs: Pavel Bure, Theoren Fleury, Adam Oates, Patrick Marleau, Martin St. Louis, Brad Richards, Sergei Fedorov, Dave Gagner, Ziggy Palffy, Eric Daze, Alex Daigle (I thought we could fix him and I always signed him to the Habs in NHL06 haha), Jeremy Roenick, Todd Bertuzzi (originally the rumour for Jose Theodore was for him to goto Florida for Bertuzzi. I totally thought it would happen), Arthurs Irbe, Sandis Ozolinsh and Rob Blake. Not counting young guys like Crosby and Ovechkin yet.

If I am a GM and I'm given the choice of one defenseman and one winger to build my team around, I am taking 26 year old Lucic and 30 year old Chara. Hate them both, it their dominance cannot be ignored.

There are probably quite a few wingers I'd take before Lucic to actually build a team around. Pacioretty is one of them even though I'll admit Lucic is right there, if only because of his intimidation factor mixed with him actually being good.

but E kane, P Kane, JVR, Patches, and Hall are all better hockey players IMO, or at least have better seasons ahead of them.

Talk about a tangent from advanced stats though

I always wanted Paul Kariya to be a Hab. In his prime, he struck me as an almost prototypical, classic Montreal Canadien.

Guess I don't 'hate' enough. I'm happy to take any impact player. The only type of player that makes me queasy is the kind that deliberately attempts to injure guys (think Brian Marchment). And even there, I gotta be honest, we had a grade-A headhunter on the team in Craig Ludwig years ago and I loved the guy. (Of course, I was younger then...maybe nowadays he'd revolt me, I dunno).

I always wanted Paul Kariya to be a Hab. In his prime, he struck me as an almost prototypical, classic Montreal Canadien.

Guess I don't 'hate' enough. I'm happy to take any impact player. The only type of player that makes me queasy is the kind that deliberately attempts to injure guys (think Brian Marchment). And even there, I gotta be honest, we had a grade-A headhunter on the team in Craig Ludwig years ago and I loved the guy. (Of course, I was younger then...maybe nowadays he'd revolt me, I dunno).

I like the **** disturbers and pests. Always have. From the Claude Lemieux's to the Max Lapierre's. Even Sean Avery. I like a guy that gets another person so angry they will break the rules. Something about it always seemed advantageous in a positive way. I'll take that type of guy over a head hunter or fighter. I'd love it if there was a Hab that got in every supposed tough guys face, made them furious, tough guy drops the gloves and the pest just skates away for the two minute powerplay. That'd be the best to me.

Luchicken will never be the playoff performer that Claude Lemieux was, and he is 10x smarter than Luchicken. I can't believe you guys think he is the premier power forward in the NHL, and that brain is something you want inspiring your younger players...... Jeez Louise, ok, we get it, you like Lucic.... but you can't argue he is slow, both in the feet and head....

But, Lucic is what you and many keep saying Habs need, so how can disagree with adding the best goon in the league.

A guy who can fight, intimidate and actually has good set of hands.

Isnt that many want to see on Habs or what they see is lacking or needed to be a winner?

But, Lucic is what you and many keep saying Habs need, so how can disagree with adding the best goon in the league.

Isnt that many want to see on Habs or what they see is lacking or needed to be a winner?

Yeah, add Lucic to our lineup and watch the fur fly. He'd make a gigantic impact. I get that people hate him; so do I (though I hate Chara more, because Lucic never did anything as inexcusable was what Chara did to Patches; and of course Chara got rewarded for it). But going from that to arguing that he isn't a major asset is a step too far. In fact, if he wasn't a threat - i.e., a damned good player - we wouldn't hate him nearly as much. The hatred proves how good he is.

Machine, I too like pests. As long as they don't let their act get out of control, they help the team win. And I never understood people who argued that, say, Maxime Lapierre was 'the most hated player in hockey' as though that were a bad thing. See above. He was hated because he drove the other team bananas. What the hell is wrong with that?

Problem with Laps was he drove his own team bananas, both with his antics, as well as his inconsistent compete level.

Yeah, add Lucic to our lineup and watch the fur fly. He'd make a gigantic impact. I get that people hate him; so do I (though I hate Chara more, because Lucic never did anything as inexcusable was what Chara did to Patches; and of course Chara got rewarded for it). But going from that to arguing that he isn't a major asset is a step too far. In fact, if he wasn't a threat - i.e., a damned good player - we wouldn't hate him nearly as much. The hatred proves how good he is.

Machine, I too like pests. As long as they don't let their act get out of control, they help the team win. And I never understood people who argued that, say, Maxime Lapierre was 'the most hated player in hockey' as though that were a bad thing. See above. He was hated because he drove the other team bananas. What the hell is wrong with that?

I for one don't want Lucic. What has he done in the playoffs the last few years??

Yes I do want a big power forward, but I want one who is skilled, can skate, hit, score 35+ goals. Lucic can't skate, hasn't shown he can be a cam neely type of consistent scorer either. I also really am not interested in primates like Lucic and chara being on the Montreal canadiens.

Give me Wayne Simmonds, evander Kane, Taylor hall, or Ryan johannson. All if this guys have the skill set to create offense in their own. I don't believe Lucic does.